Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-16-2013, 11:49 AM   #31
IncarceratedBob
just a flesh wound

IncarceratedBob is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIncarceratedBob is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: So who will be the next set of unsuccessful veterans to join the Heat

The point of sports is to win rings for the team that drafted you
IncarceratedBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:52 AM   #32
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

NugzFan is considered somewhat coolNugzFan is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: So who will be the next set of unsuccessful veterans to join the Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
this

oh the irony
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:55 AM   #33
IncarceratedBob
just a flesh wound

IncarceratedBob is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIncarceratedBob is starting to rub some people the wrong way

How can nugget fans be mad at melo?

I've been to Denver and I can't blame him for wanting out of that shit hole
Old 04-16-2013, 12:06 PM   #34
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
How can nugget fans be mad at melo?

I've been to Denver and I can't blame him for wanting out of that shit hole

trolls gonna troll.

try again but this time do better.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:06 PM   #35
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugzFan
oh the irony
Well,that's completely different.

Melo went to NY to be the man and try to lead them to championship. He didn't join Miami,he joined their opponent. To get the championship he needs to beat the most stacked team in the league.
Players go to Miami just to play 10-20 minutes per game and cruise to the championship because they have LeBron/Wade/Bosh on the team.

Look at Ray Allen. "I can't beat them so I'll join them". I completely lost respect for him.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:20 PM   #36
Goldrush25
Local High School Star

Goldrush25 has decent reputation

Quote:

Where was this ever stated?

Why is it that people make a set of arbitrary "rules" like yours intended to diminish the accomplishments of others?

Are Shaq's rings diminished because he didn't accomplish them with the Magic? How about Kareem Abdul-Jabbar? Kevin Garnett? I fail to see why people have such an issue with how the Heat were assembled. It's fake outrage for people that didn't like the players to begin with.

It's not the fault of Shaq that they didn't put a team around him in Orlando that could win a championship. Same goes for Kareem, KG and Lebron. Some players are drafted into great situations, others are not. I'm sure all great players would love to go to great organizations, but they usually don't. That's why most of them either end up not winning any championships, or leave for greener pastures to win one.

It falls on the organization to build a championship team, the so-called "superteams." Great players by themselves can only do so much but *maybe* win a random ring every 10 years or so. The rest of those rings go to superteams. If a player wants that, it's his right. Maybe guys like Shaq, KG, and Lebron look at guys like Barkley, Drexler and Karl Malone and say they don't want to leave it to chance. Are any of those guys any less great because they didn't win a ring? I don't think so, they just played in the wrong era and waited too long to capitalize on their talent.

I really don't see why people critcize athletes for doing the thing that makes the most sense, being successful. It's as if you think they should sacrifice career satisfaction just to placate some ridiculous fan expectations. Players have to live with their career accomplishments (or lack thereof) for the rest of their lives. You as a fan will forget about him after they retire and move on to the next athlete. Why should they cater to what you think? It's their career, not yours.

Last edited by Goldrush25 : 04-16-2013 at 01:23 PM.
Goldrush25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:34 PM   #37
VIP2000
Good High School Starter

VIP2000 has decent reputation

Quote:

Melo went to NY to be the man and try to lead them to championship. He didn't join Miami,he joined their opponent. To get the championship he needs to beat the most stacked team in the league.
Players go to Miami just to play 10-20 minutes per game and cruise to the championship because they have LeBron/Wade/Bosh on the team.

Look at Ray Allen. "I can't beat them so I'll join them". I completely lost respect for him.

Lol, championship-caliber teams need role players too. It's not like Shane Battier is rotting away at the end of the bench hoping to ride the Big Three's coattails for a ring.

And besides, when Melo went to New York, Amare was averaging 25ppg per game, so it's not like he was planning leading a bunch of role players to victory.
VIP2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 01:38 PM   #38
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

Quote:

melo wanted his own "superteam" with amare and cp3/williams/whoever.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:58 PM   #39
jzek
EL LO BEE

jzek has decent reputationjzek has decent reputation

Quote:

To which that team will trade that player the moment you becomes useless. Ah, great loyalty.
jzek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:00 PM   #40
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
melo wanted his own "superteam" with amare and cp3/williams/whoever.
That's true but he would be the man and fight against other superteam that's probably better.
Melo came to a franchise that didn't have any success over the past 10 years or so.
Heat role players were coming to the team with 2 straight Finals appearances and has best player in basketball.
THAT'S A HUGE DIFFERENCE

Ray Allen and other Heat role players just came to ride the Big Three's coattails for a ring.
They play a role but not significant. Can the Heat win a title without Ray Allen ? Obviously they can.

And in Ray Allen's case it's even worse. He played for the Celtics,the team that got eliminated by the Heat two years in a row. Then he decided to join "the evil force". He basically joined their biggest opponent. If I was KG I would be pissed too.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #41
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzek
To which that team will trade that player the moment you becomes useless. Ah, great loyalty.

players get paid millions and get treated like kings.

and then they want to complain about having to move to a different city? oh no!

pay me half the average nba salary and ill ive in any city you want.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #42
IncarceratedBob
just a flesh wound

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzek
Who would want a useless player?
Old 04-16-2013, 02:02 PM   #43
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
That's true but he would be the man and fight against other superteam that's probably better.

Ray Allen and other Heat role players just came to ride the Big Three's coattails for a ring.
They play a role but not significant. Can the Heat win a title without Ray Allen ? Obviously they can.

And in Ray Allen's case it's even worse. He played for the Celtics,the team that got eliminated by the Heat two years in a row. Then he decided to join "the evil force". He basically joined their biggest opponent. If I was KG I would be pissed too.

nice spin.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:07 PM   #44
Clutch
Stop flopping

Quote:
nice spin.
I don't see why are you guys so mad at Melo.

Nuggets were a lottery team before he came. Since Melo signed for the Nuggets they haven't missed the playoffs and actually reached WCF once.

Also he told he was going to leave and actually got you some nice package. He could have said "The only team I'm going to sign for are the Knicks" and then you wouldn't have gotten nothing or very little for him.
Or even worse,he could have promised that he would stay in Denver until they win the championship and then on summer tell you he's going to leave in a long ESPN special like some guy who currently plays for Miami did.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:08 PM   #45
DMV2
Keep on Rockin in...

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
I dont think youre givin them enough credit. Lebron and Wade can BOTH be alpha males at times. And Bosh is easily an alpha female. Thats three alphas.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: