Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-16-2013, 05:58 AM   #1
AirFederer
Bob Kåre

AirFederer has an OK reputation so far
Default Wade takes shot at Chuckbe, Brickbrook?

Quote:
Quote of the Night

"I hate that I really value efficiency. Because I look around the league sometimes and I see a guy shooting 41, 42 percent from the field and I'm like, 'Wow, they're just hoisting up shots and they don't care.' I guess that's that freedom, but I don't have that mindset. I want to be as efficient as possible."

Dwyane Wade, on valuing NBA titles over scoring titles.

AirFederer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:03 AM   #2
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Remix has decent reputation
Default Re: Wade takes shot at Chuckbe, Brickbrook?

Kobe shot 41% this year? Repped. OP is a smart guy.
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:08 AM   #3
SAKOTXA
College superstar

SAKOTXA is popular on this boardSAKOTXA is popular on this boardSAKOTXA is popular on this boardSAKOTXA is popular on this board

Kobe is a career .454 shooter from the field, and Westbrook is miles ahead of Wade as a player right now. He's right though, all NBA players should pull up for a jump shot with 3 seconds left on the shotclock and then after being challenged kick it out to Battier/Chalmers/Allen/etc for a contested 3 30 feet away from the basket, just so they don't have to mess up their "FG %". Even though that kills the flow of their offense, it's all about dat field goal percentage baby.

Nobody in the league, and i mean nobody does that more than Wade.

Oh and the "Chuckbe" Kobe has been far more efficient than Wade in their heads up battles throughout their careers.

46/32/87 to 45/27/79

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1oXvRCXnds

Last edited by SAKOTXA : 04-16-2013 at 06:14 AM.
SAKOTXA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:08 AM   #4
lilblingy
Kids at the park dunk on me

lilblingy has an OK reputation so far

Mofo's on this forum be reaching man...
lilblingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:27 AM   #5
Sakkreth
Raptors/LTU/Zalgiris

Sakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation here

Jennings man, there are bunch of mlb players that has better hit % than Jennings fg%.
Sakkreth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:29 AM   #6
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Nick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation hereNick Young has an incredible reputation here

Stats nerd D-wade basically telling us how he pads his FG% all game

GTFO you 2 ring pretender
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:35 AM   #7
RagaZ
Deal with it

RagaZ has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsRagaZ has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsRagaZ has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsRagaZ has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsRagaZ has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
Stats nerd D-wade basically telling us how he pads his FG% all game

GTFO you 2 ring pretender
0.5 + 0.5 = 2
RagaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:36 AM   #8
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

NumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected poster

Kobe and wade are actually pretty close in shooting efficiency this season.

Wade's eFG% is .527 and Kobe's is .504. Wade is more efficient, but its not like Kobe is drastically less efficient.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:45 AM   #9
TheBrewer
Banned

TheBrewer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryTheBrewer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryTheBrewer posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagaZ
0.5 + 0.5 = 2

0.7 + 0.3 = 1
TheBrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:45 AM   #10
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Rubio2Gasol has decent reputation

I might be wrong - but if you take into account free throws and 3 pointers - and Bryant is as efficient as Wade.

The emphasis placed on efficiency is...sad. The skewed statistics sometimes used to measure it are worse.i
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:16 AM   #11
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

NumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected posterNumberSix is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
I might be wrong - but if you take into account free throws and 3 pointers - and Bryant is as efficient as Wade.

The emphasis placed on efficiency is...sad. The skewed statistics sometimes used to measure it are worse.i
That's why you should use eFG%. It's mathematically flawless. It accounts for the difference between 2 point and 3 point efficiency unlike FG% but it doesn't skew it with FT% like TS%.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:31 AM   #12
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAKOTXA
Kobe is a career .454 shooter from the field, and Westbrook is miles ahead of Wade as a player right now. He's right though, all NBA players should pull up for a jump shot with 3 seconds left on the shotclock and then after being challenged kick it out to Battier/Chalmers/Allen/etc for a contested 3 30 feet away from the basket, just so they don't have to mess up their "FG %". Even though that kills the flow of their offense, it's all about dat field goal percentage baby.

Nobody in the league, and i mean nobody does that more than Wade.

Oh and the "Chuckbe" Kobe has been far more efficient than Wade in their heads up battles throughout their careers.

46/32/87 to 45/27/79

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1oXvRCXnds

Did you seriously just post that?

I guess Chalmers, Allen and Battier are great contested 3 point shooters, since they all shoot at a 40%+ clip from 3 point land. That really does seem to be killing the flow of their offense...
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:55 AM   #13
#number6ix#
LETS GO HEAT!!!!!!!!!!

#number6ix# is a pretty well-respected poster#number6ix# is a pretty well-respected poster#number6ix# is a pretty well-respected poster#number6ix# is a pretty well-respected poster

Op is kinda reaching
#number6ix# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:05 AM   #14
FPJ

FPJ has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrewer
0.7 + 0.3 = 1

0.1 + 0.1 + 0.1 + 0.3 + 0.4 = 1 ring
FPJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:12 AM   #15
elementally morale
College superstar

elementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
That's why you should use eFG%. It's mathematically flawless. It accounts for the difference between 2 point and 3 point efficiency unlike FG% but it doesn't skew it with FT% like TS%.

Mathematically. In reality, it doesn't tell us much. For example, if Wade was a better outside shooter, he would most likely take 2-3 more shots per game (end of shotclock, end of quarter, etc.). That would lower his eFG%, despite the fact that he would be a better shooter.

If you are willing to take shots that have little chance of going in but the team needs someone taking them, your stats will suffer. There is a reason Tyson Chandler is the most efficient scorer in the league.
elementally morale is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: