Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2013, 03:09 PM   #31
Quintilianus
Banned
 
Quintilianus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Lithuania
Posts: 218
Quintilianus has not been impressing people
Default Re: Lebron vs Hakeem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
Nah, from what i have seen these last 4 years Lebron was easily the most productive/dominant/impactful player and please notice the "+" hinting at the probability of him being the best player for more years in the upcoming seasons aswell.... Lebron was unquestionably the best player in the world for at least 2 years, but only because he won the championship.... in reality he was that same dominant/productive/impactful player for many more years, he just didnt have the benefits of greater supporting cast....

Unlike Hakeem, Lebron was/is the most dominant player in the world.... in the universe.... Lebron didnt need for the actual best player in the world to take a vacation from the league (Michael Jordan) to be the best player in the NBA or win a championship........ Not trying to downplay Hakeem, but it is very true that its unlikely Hakeem would have been the best player or even won a championship if the actual best player in the world didnt take the vacation....

He wasn't, best player in the world doesn't quit on his team.... two years in a row. In no universe is that a dominant player or a best player. There's no case besides statistics for that crazy claim. Or dickriding, but I'm not a type of person to downplay a human just because he likes a player more than a team. Again, I'm not trying to insult you or anybody on this site, i'm just naming possibilities

Wasn't former MVP rose injured in LeBron's PO run? And the most dominant defensive force and center in the league dwight howard? Or the whole knicks team banged up as sh*t? Or this year there's no top 3 player kobe, no rose, no rondo, no granger, no amare (maybe, dunno will he play in PO) and many more great players that aren't all-stars but are crucial to their teams? C'mon dude, it's not like this isn't the weakest league in yeaaars. And I do realize that's not LeBron's fault, I don't nitpick him for that, but when you compare Hakeem's path to his both championships and LeBron's to his both(as he's 60% likely to win this year, i'll say both) it's not even close.

Horry has called hakeem the best center ever, MJ has done it, Shaq has done it, there's something to that man
Quintilianus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:11 PM   #32
WWRWestbrookDo?
GOATbrook Activated
 
WWRWestbrookDo?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,481
WWRWestbrookDo? has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Lebron vs Hakeem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
List of all their accolades:

..........................LeBron.................H akeem..............
MVP........................4...................... ...1..................
FMVP......................1....................... ...2.................
CHAMP....................1........................ ..2.................
1st All-NBA..............7..........................6..... ............
1st All-Defensive.......5..........................5...... ...........
ROTY.....................Yes...................... .No................
DPOY......................0....................... ...2.................
Best Player...........4+ years................2 years.............
All-Star....................9........................1 2.................
All-Star MVP.............2.........................0....... ...........
POTM.....................25....................... .5..................
....................................STATS......... ......................
PPG.......................27.6.................... .21.8...............
RPG........................7.3.................... ..11.1..............
APG........................6.9.................... ...2.5...............
SPG........................1.7.................... ...1.7...............
BPG........................0.8.................... ....3.1..............
TS%......................57.5%...................5 5.3%...........
eFG%.....................52.4%...................5 1.3%...........
WS/48....................24.1.....................17. 7..............
PER........................27.6................... ..23.6..............



What say you? I think LeBron already has a very strong case..... and i think if he gets another FMVP/Championship this season then its really not that debatable anymore...

WWRWestbrookDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:12 PM   #33
fpliii
sick of agendas...
 
fpliii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: nbastats.net
Posts: 9,823
fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Lebron vs Hakeem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
I rest my case... you obviously have nothing to come with except disagreement with what is infront of your eyes...

It's a subjective ranking, that's not why I facepalmed. The problem is, if you are using the table in your OP to make this determination, quite a few of your criteria are flawed:

1st All-NBA - 90s centers are far more competitive than current forwards; in addition, Hakeem had to fight for only one spot on the first team (as opposed to the 2 forward spots)

1st All-Defensive - same as above

ROTY - I don't know why you'd mention this

All-Star MVP - same

POTM - there are two awards now, while there was only one for most (all?) of Hakeem's career

WS/48 - highly flawed box score metric

PER - I'm not going to get into this again
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:12 PM   #34
Kovach
Decent playground baller
 
Kovach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Novi Sad, Serbia
Posts: 318
Kovach is considered somewhat coolKovach is considered somewhat coolKovach is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Lebron vs Hakeem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
Offensive player? No... just no..
The most fundamentally sound center of all time whose arsenal of moves is unrivaled by pretty much anyone not named MJ is worse than a forward with the aesthetics of a tractor? Sure.
Kovach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:14 PM   #35
lebeast666
I Do This
 
lebeast666's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,322
lebeast666 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Lebron vs Hakeem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymone
What has Hakeem ever done that LeBron hasn't?

Well I know something Hakeem hasn't accomplished that LeBron has, pile up a bunch of haters.
lebeast666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:14 PM   #36
Quintilianus
Banned
 
Quintilianus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Lithuania
Posts: 218
Quintilianus has not been impressing people
Default Re: Lebron vs Hakeem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovach
The most fundamentally sound center of all time whose arsenal of moves is unrivaled by pretty much anyone not named MJ is worse than a forward with the aesthetics of a tractor? Sure.
I laughed way too hard at this
Quintilianus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:15 PM   #37
Raymone
The Chosen King
 
Raymone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,315
Raymone has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Lebron vs Hakeem.

If LeBron played in the 90s, do you really think he would've been stopped by Jordan and the Bulls? What team in history could stop LeBron?
Raymone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:15 PM   #38
arifgokcen
DON'T FEED THE TROLL
 
arifgokcen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,041
arifgokcen has decent reputation
Default Re: Lebron vs Hakeem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintilianus
He wasn't, best player in the world doesn't quit on his team.... two years in a row. In no universe is that a dominant player or a best player. There's no case besides statistics for that crazy claim. Or dickriding, but I'm not a type of person to downplay a human just because he likes a player more than a team. Again, I'm not trying to insult you or anybody on this site, i'm just naming possibilities

Wasn't former MVP rose injured in LeBron's PO run? And the most dominant defensive force and center in the league dwight howard? Or the whole knicks team banged up as sh*t? Or this year there's no top 3 player kobe, no rose, no rondo, no granger, no amare (maybe, dunno will he play in PO) and many more great players that aren't all-stars but are crucial to their teams? C'mon dude, it's not like this isn't the weakest league in yeaaars. And I do realize that's not LeBron's fault, I don't nitpick him for that, but when you compare Hakeem's path to his both championships and LeBron's to his both(as he's 60% likely to win this year, i'll say both) it's not even close.

Horry has called hakeem the best center ever, MJ has done it, Shaq has done it, there's something to that man
Whats up with these all new trolls.

and not just kobe stans there are a lot of new lebron stans too.

ISH has become the ultimate troll forum.There really is no thread that anyone can discuss anything without these trolls.

Interestingly enough most of these newcomers make me question the average age.How hard is it to put two words together.
arifgokcen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:16 PM   #39
Dragonyeuw
Local High School Star
 
Dragonyeuw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,840
Dragonyeuw is considered somewhat coolDragonyeuw is considered somewhat coolDragonyeuw is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Lebron vs Hakeem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymone
What has Hakeem ever done that LeBron hasn't?

Lead a team to the championship as the 6th seed playing on the road the whole way through.
Dragonyeuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:16 PM   #40
Rubio2Gasol
College star
 
Rubio2Gasol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,933
Rubio2Gasol has decent reputation
Default Re: Lebron vs Hakeem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebeast666
Well I know something Hakeem hasn't accomplished that LeBron has, pile up a bunch of haters.

He had them once.
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:17 PM   #41
inclinerator
Future NBA G.O.A.T
 
inclinerator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,142
inclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Lebron vs Hakeem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovach
The most fundamentally sound center of all time whose arsenal of moves is unrivaled by pretty much anyone not named MJ is worse than a forward with the aesthetics of a tractor? Sure.
let me guess, hakeem was a better offensive player than shaq or wilt also since he has a better array of moves
inclinerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:20 PM   #42
Quintilianus
Banned
 
Quintilianus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Lithuania
Posts: 218
Quintilianus has not been impressing people
Default Re: Lebron vs Hakeem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arifgokcen
Whats up with these all new trolls.

and not just kobe stans there are a lot of new lebron stans too.

ISH has become the ultimate troll forum.There really is no thread that anyone can discuss anything without these trolls.

Interestingly enough most of these newcomers make me question the average age.How hard is it to put two words together.
In what way does my post look like trolling?
I try to be objective as I can, yes I'm a laker fan, grew up watching Kobe if that's what you mean, but that's it, I don't have hard feelings for anybody, try to evaluate everything that I see as objective as possible
Quintilianus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:21 PM   #43
Kovach
Decent playground baller
 
Kovach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Novi Sad, Serbia
Posts: 318
Kovach is considered somewhat coolKovach is considered somewhat coolKovach is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Lebron vs Hakeem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymone
If LeBron played in the 90s, do you really think he would've been stopped by Jordan and the Bulls? What team in history could stop LeBron?
I don't know, how many teams from the 90's did he face?
Kovach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:22 PM   #44
HomieWeMajor
Thinking we local
 
HomieWeMajor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Rewind to '89
Posts: 2,644
HomieWeMajor has a terrific reputationHomieWeMajor has a terrific reputationHomieWeMajor has a terrific reputationHomieWeMajor has a terrific reputationHomieWeMajor has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Lebron vs Hakeem.

OP does Lebron like his BJs wet and sloppy ?
HomieWeMajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:24 PM   #45
Kovach
Decent playground baller
 
Kovach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Novi Sad, Serbia
Posts: 318
Kovach is considered somewhat coolKovach is considered somewhat coolKovach is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Lebron vs Hakeem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inclinerator
let me guess, hakeem was a better offensive player than shaq or wilt also since he has a better array of moves
No of course not, a dunk, a jump-hook and moving your opponent out of your way with your ass clearly trump everything Hakeem could do on offense.
Kovach is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:36 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy