Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-13-2013, 05:05 AM   #1
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

Default The league just became really boring and watered down.. no more competition

I mean honestly. This year's playoff is just going to be one of the most boring in years.

There is only 1 top team - the Heat. I believe they will win. This is not because I cheer for them, but it's because it's expected. It will be a failure if they don't.

There are 2 semi-contender teams - The Thunder and the Spurs. Thunder? Lost their 3rd best player from last season.. Durant and Westbrook just isn't going to cut it. They have made no improvements. Spurs? They're bit by the injury bug as well.. and they just cut Stephen Jackson. Parker/Ginobilli are injury prone, and Duncan is quite old.

The rest? Middle level teams that have no chance at the title.

What's the point of watching this playoffs? Watch the Heat play the Bucks and the Nets in the 1st two rounds? Everyone knows the Heat will win. It is no big accomplishment, everyone expects it.
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:07 AM   #2
Mr. Jabbar
Xmas MVP

Default Re: The league just became really boring and watered down.. no more competition

With kobe out, its not about the boxscores, the stats or the highlights, its like the soul of the game is suddenly gone. It already feels so empty, this is so sad man, so sad...
Mr. Jabbar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:11 AM   #3
Soundwave
Great college starter

Default Re: The league just became really boring and watered down.. no more competition

Heat-Knicks will be exciting.

OKC and the Clips in the West too.

The Lakers were just going to get beat in the 1st or 2nd round anyway, so really it's not that big of a loss. They were pretenders all year long.
Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:13 AM   #4
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
With kobe out, its not about the boxscores, the stats or the highlights, its like the soul of the game is suddenly gone. It already feels so empty, this is so sad man, so sad...
Agreed. The NBA just lost its soul..
Now the only thing left is watching a stacked team beat the rest of the NBA.. there is no excitement or emotion.
The feeling when Kobe hit those 2 threes in the 4th today to bring the Lakers back.. there will be no more of those.. we will only be seeing the Heat up by 20 and empty Miami seats.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:15 AM   #5
K Xerxes
Greatest

Why did you post this after Kobe's injury? Did you actually think the Lakers posed a threat to the title, facing OKC in the first round? Please, I have nothing but respect for Kobe and his greatness, but to get win one game off OKC would have been an accomplishment. Westbrook is gonna have a field day with or without Kobe. Kobe's injury does not change the underlying problem with this team: it cannot defend (especially in transition).
K Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:15 AM   #6
Poetry
High School JV MVP

I always watch, Bulls might be able to make some noise.
Poetry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:17 AM   #7
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 Basketball Mind

You weren't saying this when Kobe was winning his titles so according to you the league became "watered down" in a 3 year span despite no expansion?
RoundMoundOfReb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:18 AM   #8
Soundwave
Great college starter

The Lakers aren't even the most exciting team in LA. You guys had a good run, time for other franchises to get their share of the lime light.
Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:18 AM   #9
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Xerxes
Why did you post this after Kobe's injury?
Because knowing Kobe is out, I took a look at the current playoff teams. I don't even feel excited for the playoffs to start anymore..

Quote:
Heat-Knicks will be exciting.
OKC and the Clips in the West too.
Heats-Knicks won't take place until possibly the Eastern finals. And we don't know how that will turn out.. Knicks-Heat happened last playoffs too

OKC is not as good as last year's team.. that's what I mean by watered down.
Clips is so young and inconsistent. They're definitely not contenders yet, maybe 1 year away.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:20 AM   #10
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetry
I always watch, Bulls might be able to make some noise.
I agree with this.. Bulls have always been great to watch in the playoffs. But without Rose, they're just not the same. I loved the previous years when they played the Celtics. The series went up to 7 games. Wow.. one of the best playoff series... I watched every single game. but without Rose.. it's not going to happen. It'll likely be a repeat of last year.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:21 AM   #11
Hoopz2332
Local High School Star

....yeah, like the Lakers were real comp for the NBA's elite

Hoopz2332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:22 AM   #12
Mr. Jabbar
Xmas MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave
The Lakers aren't even the most exciting team in LA. You guys had a good run, time for other franchises to get their share of the lime light.

This is not about Lakers winning another championship, this is about a player that represented the competitive nature of the game going down, this is a devastating blow to basketball...
Mr. Jabbar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:26 AM   #13
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

Guys, it's not because Kobe is out that I posted this.

It has been happening bit by bit.. injuries.. teams falling apart throughout the season, but I always held some hope. Because Kobe was still playing.. that competitive spirit was old school.. and it gave hope that some teams still have the chance.

But after Kobe is gone.. you look at the entire picture, the current state of the NBA.. and yeah, I don't see how any NBA fan can still be so excited.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:27 AM   #14
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

this thread was about the situation of the entire league. Why was it moved.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: