Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-10-2013, 01:06 PM   #31
thabisyo
Local High School Star

thabisyo is starting to rub some people the wrong waythabisyo is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Video: Rose is ready.

I'm tired of these rose threads. I'm so sick of all of this. Wish he would come back or say he ain't coming back this season
thabisyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:11 PM   #32
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
If Westbrook has Rose's basketball intelligence, humble-ness, coach ability, feel for the game ...

He'd be an actual PG, and OKC could legitimately beat the Heat. But neither case is true, so it's whatever.
You're basically turning into a smarter more eloquent version of brenda. And I use smarter loosely because, like brenda, you post with a lot of ignorance when it comes to Westbrook.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:50 PM   #33
Mr Exlax
McFailed next season

Mr Exlax is a pretty well-respected posterMr Exlax is a pretty well-respected posterMr Exlax is a pretty well-respected poster

Look at OKC's record before they got Westbrook and look at their record since then. Lottery team his rookie season and then once he stepped up they've been a contender since then. He helps more than he does harm to the damn team people!
Mr Exlax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:53 PM   #34
tikay0
Banned

tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintilianus
he looks VERY slow compared to his former self

You wouldn't be saying that if I posted another video of him working on his penetration and post moves.

He's also going at 50-75% of game speed. I'm sure his goal was to test out his vertical explosion.

Last edited by tikay0 : 04-10-2013 at 02:07 PM.
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:55 PM   #35
Mr Exlax
McFailed next season

Mr Exlax is a pretty well-respected posterMr Exlax is a pretty well-respected posterMr Exlax is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikay0
You wouldn't be saying that if I posted another video of him working on his penetration and post moves.

Hey so you want him to come back this season right? Do you think he's gonna be in game shape and do you think they'll be able to develop the chemistry again while contending in the playoffs?
Old 04-10-2013, 02:05 PM   #36
tikay0
Banned

tikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong waytikay0 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
Hey so you want him to come back this season right? Do you think he's gonna be in game shape and do you think they'll be able to develop the chemistry again while contending in the playoffs?

I don't see why not. He's been practicing with the team this whole time. He knows the playbook, and all the sets. Even Boozer was saying, Rose would fit right back in. He's an MVP caliber player, and he's been working with them for an extensive period of time.

Of course, I'm not saying play him 40 minutes from the jump, but let him play, and see what happens. Give him until the 4-5th game to get back to form, and if he's more of a detriment to the team, sit him out until the next round.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:09 PM   #37
Wavves
Blaze it up fgt

Wavves is popular on this boardWavves is popular on this boardWavves is popular on this boardWavves is popular on this board

I don't have a problem with him not playing this playoffs, but I don't see how he would negatively impact the Bulls if he were to return.

This is a former MVP, and one of the best PG's in the league. If he can't come back and make his team better than take that MVP away from him right now.
Wavves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:12 PM   #38
tikay0
Banned

Even the biggest Bulls hater, Nick Friedell was saying Rose has been dominating in practice for the past few weeks, and he looks just like old Derrick Rose. He was firmly on the "sit Rose" coalition.

Rose himself said, "Once I'm ready, I'll be out there. If that means the 2nd game of the playoffs, then I'll be out there."
Old 04-10-2013, 02:13 PM   #39
Mr Exlax
McFailed next season

Quote:
I don't see why not. He's been practicing with the team this whole time. He knows the playbook, and all the sets. Even Boozer was saying, Rose would fit right back in. He's an MVP caliber player, and he's been working with them for an extensive period of time.

Of course, I'm not saying play him 40 minutes from the jump, but let him play, and see what happens. Give him until the 4-5th game to get back to form, and if he's more of a detriment to the team, sit him out until the next round.

I'll have to watch the video later. The other one when he was practicing or going 1 on 1 with the team didn't really tell me anything. I don't think he should come back this season and try to do it. I just have this thing with Chicago. When he's not playing the other players seem to play so much better. When he's there they ball watch. They're a championship caliber team to me (Able to make the playoffs w/o their best player), but when he's back they seem to do a complete 180. He should put them over the top not carry the team. Does that make any kind of sense?
Old 04-10-2013, 02:14 PM   #40
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.bball.guy
Youtube comment - He like, "pauk you a *******. BANG!"

I am in every random youtube basketball video.

Anyways, looks good, he could probably return but only Rose knows when he is ready, he wants to come back 110%.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #41
tikay0
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
I'll have to watch the video later. The other one when he was practicing or going 1 on 1 with the team didn't really tell me anything. I don't think he should come back this season and try to do it. I just have this thing with Chicago. When he's not playing the other players seem to play so much better. When he's there they ball watch. They're a championship caliber team to me (Able to make the playoffs w/o their best player), but when he's back they seem to do a complete 180. He should put them over the top not carry the team. Does that make any kind of sense?

You must not have watched game 1 against the 76ers last year. We were a well oiled machine, even with a 90% Rose.

I forgot who it was, but someone posted our team numbers with Rose, and without Rose, and it was staggering.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:29 PM   #42
Dengness9
Homecourt: Hell

Dengness9 is considered somewhat coolDengness9 is considered somewhat cool

With Rose the last two seasons the Bulls are one of the best teams in the league and win the most regular season games of anybody, not saying its this amazing accomplishment but its what they have done.

I know Rose missed a lot of time last year but that team only kept winning as much as they did because at the time they knew Rose was coming back.

After the first playoff game and they knew he was done, it took all the air out of the rest of the team since they knew they couldn't beat the Heat or even the 76'ers w/out him. To be fair Noah went down in the Sixers series and it changed everything too.

The Bulls have now played a full regular season without Rose since before his rookie season.....its not just the injuries to blame for a 5-6 seed finish in the east..... they need Derrick Rose to be a contender to the Heat in the east.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:44 PM   #43
Mr Exlax
McFailed next season

Quote:
I forgot who it was, but someone posted our team numbers with Rose, and without Rose, and it was staggering.

Really? That blows me away. I'd like to see it. I haven't watched them a ton. Just something I noticed. So they don't ball watch when he's playing then? I'd love to see those team numbers.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #44
hitmanyr2k
Complete Player

hitmanyr2k is a pretty well-respected posterhitmanyr2k is a pretty well-respected posterhitmanyr2k is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

First game of the playoffs makes sense in theatrical/symbolic terms. He went down in Game 1 last year. Come back in Game 1 this year and face those demons lol.
hitmanyr2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:15 PM   #45
tikay0
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmanyr2k
First game of the playoffs makes sense in theatrical/symbolic terms. He went down in Game 1 last year. Come back in Game 1 this year and face those demons lol.

The Red Knight Rises.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: