Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-09-2013, 10:59 AM   #1
ncrizzle
GritNgrind ur mind

ncrizzle is considered somewhat coolncrizzle is considered somewhat cool
Default Will it be Grizz vs Clipps 1st Round again, or do nugz lose 3seed?

Big catch 22 for me. Ofcourse i would love the highest seed and be able to sweep the Warriors in the first round. But a rematch between the clips and grizz would be a wet dream for basketball fans. So do you think denver will lose the 3 seed, or is THE REMATCH imminent?

Discucss
ncrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:32 AM   #2
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Will it be Grizz vs Clipps 1st Round again, or do nugz lose 3seed?

Hope so...loved that series last year and want to see Denver/GS which would be an entertaining series.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:36 AM   #3
Sparts Arwell
Banned

Sparts Arwell has an OK reputation so far

I'm confused by how the Nuggets can be the three seed instead of LAC. Dont division winners automatically get top seeded? I know the lower seed can still have home court if the record is better but I thought for seeding purposes division winners are automatically top 3?
Sparts Arwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:45 AM   #4
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah,I want this to happen.

Nuggets-Warriors and Grizzlies-Clippers sound so much better than Nuggets-Clippers, Grizzlies-Warriors
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:25 PM   #5
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Denver holds the three seed in my opinion, but I don't remember the remaining MEM or DEN games off the top off my head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparts Arwell
I'm confused by how the Nuggets can be the three seed instead of LAC. Dont division winners automatically get top seeded? I know the lower seed can still have home court if the record is better but I thought for seeding purposes division winners are automatically top 3?

No, division leaders get a guaranteed top 4 seed. Their record is worse that the Grizzlies at the 5 spot.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:31 PM   #6
Crafty
fcporto

Crafty has an OK reputation so far

I hope so, last year's series was awsome.
Crafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:42 PM   #7
Hizack
Kids at the park dunk on me

Hizack has decent reputationHizack has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparts Arwell
For the Playoffs in 2006 and before, what you've said is correct.
Since 2007 Playoffs this has been changed.
Hizack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:47 PM   #8
b0bab0i
National High School Star

b0bab0i is a pretty well-respected posterb0bab0i is a pretty well-respected posterb0bab0i is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hizack
For the Playoffs in 2006 and before, what you've said is correct.
Since 2007 Playoffs this has been changed.
Yep that's how Clipps had HCA against Denver as a 6th seed in 2006.
b0bab0i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #9
senelcoolidge
Great college starter

senelcoolidge is starting to rub some people the wrong waysenelcoolidge is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Memphis v. Denver would be great. Memphis v. Clippers would be good too. Either way Memphis is a first round team. GSW is also a first round out.
senelcoolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #10
ncrizzle
GritNgrind ur mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
Memphis v. Denver would be great. Memphis v. Clippers would be good too. Either way Memphis is a first round team. GSW is also a first round out.

memphis style of play is very play off fitting. Defense and post scorers get it done. Denver even if healthy wouldnt be able to run like they have been. Teams who cant execute well in half court are teams that are usually first round teams
Old 04-09-2013, 02:58 PM   #11
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Clippers vs Grizz & Denv vs GSW

or

Clippers vs GSW & Denv vs Memp

Those two would be the most entertaining scenarios. Clippers vs Denv would be fun to watch as well bu Mem vs GSW will be pretty quick and boring imo
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:30 PM   #12
The Playmaker
Banned

The Playmaker has an OK reputation so far

Rematch, I think Memphis wins this time around though.
The Playmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:40 PM   #13
TerranOP

TerranOP has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0bab0i
Yep that's how Clipps had HCA against Denver as a 6th seed in 2006.

Yeah I just noticed they did have HCA. What's the point in giving division leaders a top 3 seed if they don't get HCA though? I know the team with the better record deserves it, so what was the purpose of that system in the first place?
TerranOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:35 PM   #14
ncrizzle
GritNgrind ur mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerranOP
Yeah I just noticed they did have HCA. What's the point in giving division leaders a top 3 seed if they don't get HCA though? I know the team with the better record deserves it, so what was the purpose of that system in the first place?

Me thinks It has to do with tie breakers
Old 04-09-2013, 08:13 PM   #15
Hizack

Hizack has decent reputationHizack has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerranOP
It's all about seeding.

The 4-seed team is better than the 5-seed team anyway, who also is better than the 6-seed team anyway. So if a team is a 3-seed, they can play against a weaker opponent.
Hizack is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: