Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2013, 06:12 PM   #61
alexd
High school junior varsity star
 
alexd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 637
alexd has not been impressing people
Default Re: Giannis Antetokoumpo Greek 6'10" Point Guard (7'4" Wingspan) "Hottest Draft Prospect"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
D-League All Star team played under mixed rules with an NBA court. So no, not under FIBA rules.

It was not Delk that called a timeout, it was Marcus Banks.

Greek 2nd division is better than the D-League. And anyone saying otherwise is a freaking moron.

Yeah, pretty sure you are a troll.

i m not talking this year. delk did too when he played with panathinaikos and that proves nothing actually.i actually got some points about what i say you just call people names i guess you are troll.winning in 3-5-10 games doesn t mean that a whole league is better.olimpiakos won euroleague last year so greece has the best league in europe?that s just dumb my friend.i like the fact that you try to promote greek players and euroleague as well but don t sell it too high.d league is completely different than 2nd division here.in america they got a completely different philosophy about basketball.it s a matter of taste which one you like more.but clearly they are better trained there than here.better training = better team = better basketball= better league.we got many examples jaric went to the nba and got buffed like a truck.peja too.many good players have passed from d league like farmar,lin gortat.and remind me where farmar plays now?2nd division in greece?nope.he went to turkey for goods sake.in 2nd division most players don t even get paid because of bad management.get your facts right
alexd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:28 PM   #62
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 13,122
Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Giannis Antetokoumpo Greek 6'10" Point Guard (7'4" Wingspan) "Hottest Draft Prospect"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexd
i m not talking this year. delk did too when he played with panathinaikos and that proves nothing actually.i actually got some points about what i say you just call people names i guess you are troll.winning in 3-5-10 games doesn t mean that a whole league is better.olimpiakos won euroleague last year so greece has the best league in europe?that s just dumb my friend.i like the fact that you try to promote greek players and euroleague as well but don t sell it too high.d league is completely different than 2nd division here.in america they got a completely different philosophy about basketball.it s a matter of taste which one you like more.but clearly they are better trained there than here.better training = better team = better basketball= better league.we got many examples jaric went to the nba and got buffed like a truck.peja too.many good players have passed from d league like farmar,lin gortat.and remind me where farmar plays now?2nd division in greece?nope.he went to turkey for goods sake.in 2nd division most players don t even get paid because of bad management.get your facts right

Yeah Delk did it, but why did you bring him up? That was years ago and he barely even played. He was like the 15th man of the team.

And you are a troll. Anyone that says D-League is better than Greek 2nd division is trolling. Either they are retarded and ignorant, or they are trolling. If you really are Greek, then you should know better. So that means you would be trolling.

Last edited by Euroleague : 04-10-2013 at 06:30 PM.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:41 PM   #63
alexd
High school junior varsity star
 
alexd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 637
alexd has not been impressing people
Default Re: Giannis Antetokoumpo Greek 6'10" Point Guard (7'4" Wingspan) "Hottest Draft Prospect"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
Yeah Delk did it, but why did you bring him up? That was years ago and he barely even played. He was like the 15th man of the team.

And you are a troll. Anyone that says D-League is better than Greek 2nd division is trolling. Either they are retarded and ignorant, or they are trolling. If you really are Greek, then you should know better. So that means you would be trolling.

delk was 15th man?LOL.do you even see the league?have you even played basketball my friend?if u did then you can understand what i m saying and how wrong you are.you got 0 valid points to prove your words and yes i m greek and proud of it.but that doesn t mean i m ignorant just have common sense something you obviously lack anyway bored of trying to prove you are wrong so we can agree we disagree
alexd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:42 PM   #64
kurple
Very good NBA starter
 
kurple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,844
kurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Giannis Antetokoumpo Greek 6'10" Point Guard (7'4" Wingspan) "Hottest Draft Prospect"

would not mind it if the nuggets got him in the 1st round
kurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:45 PM   #65
alexd
High school junior varsity star
 
alexd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 637
alexd has not been impressing people
Default Re: Giannis Antetokoumpo Greek 6'10" Point Guard (7'4" Wingspan) "Hottest Draft Prospect"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurple
would not mind it if the nuggets got him in the 1st round

yeah it would suit denvers playstyle. he s athletic and long suited for run and gun basketball like denver and he can turn into a batum which would be perfect for you.plus karl takes the best from his player so its a win win
alexd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:03 PM   #66
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 13,122
Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Giannis Antetokoumpo Greek 6'10" Point Guard (7'4" Wingspan) "Hottest Draft Prospect"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexd
delk was 15th man?LOL.do you even see the league?have you even played basketball my friend?if u did then you can understand what i m saying and how wrong you are.you got 0 valid points to prove your words and yes i m greek and proud of it.but that doesn t mean i m ignorant just have common sense something you obviously lack anyway bored of trying to prove you are wrong so we can agree we disagree

Delk was barely ever playing at all on Panathinaikos. Obradovic didn't like him. He's known as one of the biggest bust signings in Euroleague history.

NBA D League is a joke. You obviously have never seen an NBA D-League.

The Chinese League is better than the D-League.

They have D-League games on YouTube. Maybe you should actually watch some and learn something. D-League is NOT as good as the Greek 2nd division.

Last edited by Euroleague : 04-10-2013 at 08:05 PM.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:14 PM   #67
Andrew Wiggins
National High School Star
 
Andrew Wiggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,067
Andrew Wiggins is popular on this boardAndrew Wiggins is popular on this boardAndrew Wiggins is popular on this boardAndrew Wiggins is popular on this board
Default Re: Giannis Antetokoumpo Greek 6'10" Point Guard (7'4" Wingspan) "Hottest Draft Prospect"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexd
yeah it would suit denvers playstyle. he s athletic and long suited for run and gun basketball like denver and he can turn into a batum which would be perfect for you.plus karl takes the best from his player so its a win win

you're probably the only guy on this forum who has seen him play so i'll ask you. Do you think his brother is an NBA prospect too? I saw he's born in 93 and averaging 13 pts/5 rbs which is good for his age
Andrew Wiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:49 PM   #68
alexd
High school junior varsity star
 
alexd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 637
alexd has not been impressing people
Default Re: Giannis Antetokoumpo Greek 6'10" Point Guard (7'4" Wingspan) "Hottest Draft Prospect"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggins
you're probably the only guy on this forum who has seen him play so i'll ask you. Do you think his brother is an NBA prospect too? I saw he's born in 93 and averaging 13 pts/5 rbs which is good for his age

thanasis is pretty athletic can jump high as you can see here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Egax6uSopnE
his much stronger than his brother and has a better basketball frame.he s more bulky and better defender.doesn t have many moves.most of his points come from fastbreaks dunking rebounds and spot up shots or slashing past slower defenders.both of them can play in the nba if they work their game.they won t make a splash but can be spark of the bench.both energy guys.they need to shoot better personally i don t like their shooting form.giannis will be better in my opinion.longer younger more upside in the long run.what you have to understand is that most of their competition is 2nd or even 3rd division in greece which can t be compared to the nba.most of our players even in the 1st division aren t nba level.some lack skill others lack athleticism or the will to be better and compete on high level(for example spanoulis)
another greek player whose playstyle is for nba is kostas papanikolaou.he s young athletic long and the thing i like about him is his attitude.he s always the last man standing doesn t quit and he has an adge.by edge i mean a f@ck off attitude to the opposite team and fans.energy guy needs to develop moves and dribble.when the knicks drafted him last year i was really glad
alexd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:47 AM   #69
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 13,122
Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Giannis Antetokoumpo Greek 6'10" Point Guard (7'4" Wingspan) "Hottest Draft Prospect"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggins
you're probably the only guy on this forum who has seen him play so i'll ask you. Do you think his brother is an NBA prospect too? I saw he's born in 93 and averaging 13 pts/5 rbs which is good for his age

This guy does not know what he is talking about. He's obviously just some PAO fan. He's never seen either of the Adetokoubo brothers play. And he clearly has no clue at all about the NBA.

Last edited by Euroleague : 04-11-2013 at 12:54 AM.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:48 AM   #70
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 13,122
Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Giannis Antetokoumpo Greek 6'10" Point Guard (7'4" Wingspan) "Hottest Draft Prospect"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexd
thanasis is pretty athletic can jump high as you can see here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Egax6uSopnE
his much stronger than his brother and has a better basketball frame.he s more bulky and better defender.doesn t have many moves.most of his points come from fastbreaks dunking rebounds and spot up shots or slashing past slower defenders.both of them can play in the nba if they work their game.they won t make a splash but can be spark of the bench.both energy guys.they need to shoot better personally i don t like their shooting form.giannis will be better in my opinion.longer younger more upside in the long run.what you have to understand is that most of their competition is 2nd or even 3rd division in greece which can t be compared to the nba.most of our players even in the 1st division aren t nba level.some lack skill others lack athleticism or the will to be better and compete on high level(for example spanoulis)
another greek player whose playstyle is for nba is kostas papanikolaou.he s young athletic long and the thing i like about him is his attitude.he s always the last man standing doesn t quit and he has an adge.by edge i mean a f@ck off attitude to the opposite team and fans.energy guy needs to develop moves and dribble.when the knicks drafted him last year i was really glad

You don't watch any NBA basketball ever.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:56 AM   #71
Andrew Wiggins
National High School Star
 
Andrew Wiggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,067
Andrew Wiggins is popular on this boardAndrew Wiggins is popular on this boardAndrew Wiggins is popular on this boardAndrew Wiggins is popular on this board
Default Re: Giannis Antetokoumpo Greek 6'10" Point Guard (7'4" Wingspan) "Hottest Draft Prospect"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexd
thanasis is pretty athletic can jump high as you can see here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Egax6uSopnE
his much stronger than his brother and has a better basketball frame.he s more bulky and better defender.doesn t have many moves.most of his points come from fastbreaks dunking rebounds and spot up shots or slashing past slower defenders.both of them can play in the nba if they work their game.they won t make a splash but can be spark of the bench.both energy guys.they need to shoot better personally i don t like their shooting form.giannis will be better in my opinion.longer younger more upside in the long run.what you have to understand is that most of their competition is 2nd or even 3rd division in greece which can t be compared to the nba.most of our players even in the 1st division aren t nba level.some lack skill others lack athleticism or the will to be better and compete on high level(for example spanoulis)
another greek player whose playstyle is for nba is kostas papanikolaou.he s young athletic long and the thing i like about him is his attitude.he s always the last man standing doesn t quit and he has an adge.by edge i mean a f@ck off attitude to the opposite team and fans.energy guy needs to develop moves and dribble.when the knicks drafted him last year i was really glad

thanks for the informative response man.

sounds like a guy to keep an eye on. i can't imagine the 2nd division is a high level of competition but i guess it'll be easier to see how good he really is next year if his team moves up to the top division.

i am familiar with Papanikolaou, i think the blazers own his nba rights now. will he move to the nba soon or does he have a long term contract with his greek team?
Andrew Wiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:04 AM   #72
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion
 
Euroleague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 13,122
Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Giannis Antetokoumpo Greek 6'10" Point Guard (7'4" Wingspan) "Hottest Draft Prospect"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggins
thanks for the informative response man.

sounds like a guy to keep an eye on. i can't imagine the 2nd division is a high level of competition but i guess it'll be easier to see how good he really is next year if his team moves up to the top division.

i am familiar with Papanikolaou, i think the blazers own his nba rights now. will he move to the nba soon or does he have a long term contract with his greek team?

Don't trust a word that guy says. He has no clue what he is talking about.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:49 AM   #73
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.
 
bdreason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: HB, CA
Posts: 20,835
bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Giannis Antetokoumpo Greek 6'10" Point Guard (7'4" Wingspan) "Hottest Draft Prospect"

No way he plays point in the NBA. He'll have to put on some weight and play Small Forward.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:38 AM   #74
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator
 
JtotheIzzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Wolviapolis
Posts: 14,076
JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Giannis Antetokoumpo Greek 6'10" Point Guard (7'4" Wingspan) "Hottest Draft Prospect"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
He's an 18 year old point guard from Greece, that NBA teams are measuring at 6'10", with a 7'4" wingspan. He is said to be the hottest prospect for NBA lotto teams. Boston Celtics general manager Danny Ainge compares him to Scottie Pippen.

You can see a video of CineSport talking about Giannis Antetokoumpo (Adetokunbo, Adetokoubo) at the link below.


http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2013/04...melo-v-durant/


the tall PG is a dying breed. he better learn to play the wing.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:28 AM   #75
deja vu
Form is temporary
 
deja vu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,496
deja vu has not been impressing people
Default Re: Giannis Antetokoumpo Greek 6'10" Point Guard (7'4" Wingspan) "Hottest Draft Prospect"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
NBA D League is a joke. You obviously have never seen an NBA D-League.

The Chinese League is better than the D-League.
You're a freakin' retard. Chinese League better than NBA D-League? NBA D-League players go to the CBA to dominate and destroy those puny Chinese players there. And you're saying that the CBA is better than the D-League?

Washed-up guys like Marbury and McGrady who can't find a job in the NBA are dominating the puny Chinese there. Putting up prime Jordan numbers. Nice job trolling though.
deja vu is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:19 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy