Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-10-2013, 02:53 PM   #46
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Giannis Antetokoumpo Greek 6'10" Point Guard (7'4" Wingspan) "Hottest Draft Prospect"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
Wasn't he signed by CAI Zaragoza last winter? I wonder what the release clause is. Anyway, if the best competition he's faced is the Greek 2nd. division, then he's far from being remotely close to playing in the NBA.

Greek 2nd division is a higher level than the NBA D-League.
Euroleague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:54 PM   #47
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Euroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected posterEuroleague is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Giannis Antetokoumpo Greek 6'10" Point Guard (7'4" Wingspan) "Hottest Draft Prospect"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
At that level yes... juniors...

Against higher competition (even against seniors) he is actually a SF and is 6'9" who is a point-forward at best of a "PG"... even Boris Diaw was a PG (and at much higher level)... even Sun Yue was/is a 6'10" PG, not in the NBA or even D-League, he still is that in Asia tho... many tall NBA players played PG pre-NBA... just before Giannis it was Kyle Anderson in similar prospect (6'8" PG), who now plays for UCLA and is a SF....

He isnt even that good from what i have seen, good ballhandling/passing for his size, but lacks in everything else, especially against higher competition....

If he gets to the NBA as he is right now he will be a SF/PF and warming the bench.... kindof exactly what happened to Sun Yue (and he was an actual pure PG and actually better than Giannis aswell)....

In the NBA you are not a 6'8+ PG unless you can do that successfully.... and no player has been able to do that since Magic Johnson, except Lebron James kindof.... around that height the only guy that officially plays PG in the NBA is Shaun Livingston (6'7") and the biggest reason he is played that way today is not just because he does have extremly smooth/refined handles but because he cant do anything else better, there is no other option, he is used as a backup PG..

He plays POINT GUARD on the senior team also. He is the backup point guard of the Filathlitikos team. He's supposedly been measured at 6'10" recently. Yes, he plays POINT GUARD on the senior team also. Not "point forward".

Last edited by Euroleague : 04-10-2013 at 02:59 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:55 PM   #48
CavaliersFTW
3-time NBA All-Star

CavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euroleague
He plays POINT GUARD on the senior team also. He's supposedly been measured at 6'10" recently. Yes, he plays POINT GUARD on the senior team also. Not "point forward".
Typical ***** big man who's afraid to play his role. He wouldn't be able to "handle" the ball against normal sized NBA point guards, they'd pick his pocket every time. And he's clearly afraid to bang with those soft Euro-bigs so wtf is he supposed to do when he runs into Dwight Howard? I'm sorry but he just doesnt' seem like all he's hyped up to be

Last edited by CavaliersFTW : 04-10-2013 at 02:59 PM.
CavaliersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:57 PM   #49
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by chips93
draftexpress wrote a pretty comprehensive report on him, hes gonna play for zaragoza next year, and whoever drafts him, will likely leave him develop in spain for a year or twp. his nba buyout situation is fairly straight forward.

False. Both Giannis and his agent already told Greek media they have told every NBA team scouting him that he does NOT want to play in the Spanish League next year, and that they should NOT draft him unless they intend to have him in the NBA next year.

They have been telling teams to not bother drafting him if they don't want him in the NBA next season.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #50
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
Typical ***** big man who's afraid to play his role. He wouldn't be able to "handle" the ball against normal sized NBA point guards, they'd pick his pocket every time. And he's clearly afraid to bang with those soft Euro-bigs so wtf is he supposed to do when he runs into Dwight Howard? I'm sorry but he just doesnt' seem like all he's hyped up to be

Ainge said he's Scottie Pippen like. I'm sure you know better though. And Pippen was 6'8" to 6'9" and he had no problem playing point guard in the NBA. None at all.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:05 PM   #51
CavaliersFTW
3-time NBA All-Star

CavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Ainge said he's Scottie Pippen like. I'm sure you know better though. And Pippen was 6'8" to 6'9" and he had no problem playing point guard in the NBA. None at all.
Pippen was a 6-7.5 playmaking forward. No different than an Elgin Baylor or Lebron James. None of those guys are taller than 6-8 w/o shoes on. Heck, Magic Johnson wasn't even taller than 6-8 w/o shoes. And those are all-time talents we're talking about not some obscure gangly 6-10 Europrospect. 6-10 is like Joakim Noah's height, he's going to be the clumsiest most turnover prone "point guard" in NBA history if that's the position he's supposed to play. Honestly, it's just a gimmick. He's not a pro-level point guard. At a legit 6-10, calling yourself a point guard is a joke.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:43 PM   #52
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Pippen was a 6-7.5 playmaking forward. No different than an Elgin Baylor or Lebron James. None of those guys are taller than 6-8 w/o shoes on. Heck, Magic Johnson wasn't even taller than 6-8 w/o shoes. And those are all-time talents we're talking about not some obscure gangly 6-10 Europrospect. 6-10 is like Joakim Noah's height, he's going to be the clumsiest most turnover prone "point guard" in NBA history if that's the position he's supposed to play. Honestly, it's just a gimmick. He's not a pro-level point guard. At a legit 6-10, calling yourself a point guard is a joke.

Pippen was every bit of 6-8 to 6-9. And he played point guard a lot. He was able to guard any point guard in the league, and he often did. He also ran the offense and brought the ball up the floor a ton. You must be a new NBA fan.

Last edited by Euroleague : 04-10-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:50 PM   #53
CavaliersFTW
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Pippen was every bit of 6-8 to 6-9. And he played point guard a lot. He was able to guard any point guard in the league, and he often did. He also ran the offense and brought the ball up the floor a ton. You must be a new NBA fan.
Nope. 6-7.5 w/o shoes with a 7-2 wingspan.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:52 PM   #54
alexd
High school junior varsity star

alexd has not been impressing people

Quote:
Greek 2nd division is a higher level than the NBA D-League.

and i m from greece
alexd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:00 PM   #55
Droid101
5-time NBA All-Star

Droid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexd
and i m from greece
Even the noobs are learning how stupid Euroleague is fast.
Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:04 PM   #56
KyrieTheFuture
College superstar

KyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputationKyrieTheFuture has a terrific reputation

It's so unfortunate that you're the only one who brings up Euro prospects because I actually want to discuss these guys but everyone thinks you're a joke so it's impossible
KyrieTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:16 PM   #57
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
Nope. 6-7.5 w/o shoes with a 7-2 wingspan.

You are an idiot.

Last edited by Euroleague : 04-10-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:18 PM   #58
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
and i m from greece

The D-League All Star Team went 0-3 versus Greek 2nd division teams just a couple summers ago.

And the Greek 2nd division teams were even playing several of their youth squad players in those games.

NBA D-League is an absolute joke.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:55 PM   #59
alexd
High school junior varsity star

alexd has not been impressing people

Quote:
The D-League All Star Team went 0-3 versus Greek 2nd division teams just a couple summers ago.

And the Greek 2nd division teams were even playing several of their youth squad players in those games.

NBA D-League is an absolute joke.

and barcelona won lakers once..so barca the best team in the world?u can t compare europe type of basketball with the nba.
in nba you have more isos more dribble moves more showtime.in europe you can t do that because of many reasons like athleticism,the court is smaller rules etc etc.it s like greece won usa in 2006.we got a break it s not like we were the better team.all american teams have a disadvantage when they play european type of basketball because of different rules.for example when delk came to panathinaikos he asked for a timeout during the game and everyone was like so your point is completely invalid
2nd division in greece is a joke.they got some talent but they never develop them.why u think good players leave from very early age?even our 1st division sucks nowdays except from panathinaikos and olimpiakos and the get weaker each year goes by.you can t say we got a good level as a league when for the last 10 years we have 2 good teams.that s just stupid.for gods sake we made Acie Law one of the best players in the league.r u kidding me?filathlitikos (i know some of the players personally) is a good team but don t compare them to D league.Giannis can be a good player don t get me wrong but only if he plays with better competition and excel.he has tools.he reminds me kinda young batum with a bad shooting form.he can t really dribble but he has a huge wing span that helps him but in order to play in nba he needs to dribble more.even in your highlights you can see he dribbles too high.someone like bradley will eat him alive before he comes to half court.he has average shooting at the very best with a bad release and he needs to bulk up A LOT.and don t tell me that durant isn t bulk either because if u compare him to durant you r on crack or something
alexd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:58 PM   #60
Euroleague
I Feel Devotion

Quote:
and barcelona won lakers once..so barca the best team in the world?u can t compare europe type of basketball with the nba.
in nba you have more isos more dribble moves more showtime.in europe you can t do that because of many reasons like athleticism,the court is smaller rules etc etc.it s like greece won usa in 2006.we got a break it s not like we were the better team.all american teams have a disadvantage when they play european type of basketball because of different rules.for example when delk came to panathinaikos he asked for a timeout during the game and everyone was like so your point is completely invalid
2nd division in greece is a joke.they got some talent but they never develop them.why u think good players leave from very early age?even our 1st division sucks nowdays except from panathinaikos and olimpiakos and the get weaker each year goes by.you can t say we got a good level as a league when for the last 10 years we have 2 good teams.that s just stupid.for gods sake we made Acie Law one of the best players in the league.r u kidding me?filathlitikos (i know some of the players personally) is a good team but don t compare them to D league.Giannis can be a good player don t get me wrong but only if he plays with better competition and excel.he has tools.he reminds me kinda young batum with a bad shooting form.he can t really dribble but he has a huge wing span that helps him but in order to play in nba he needs to dribble more.even in your highlights you can see he dribbles too high.someone like bradley will eat him alive before he comes to half court.he has average shooting at the very best with a bad release and he needs to bulk up A LOT.and don t tell me that durant isn t bulk either because if u compare him to durant you r on crack or something

D-League All Star team played under mixed rules with an NBA court. So no, not under FIBA rules.

It was not Delk that called a timeout, it was Marcus Banks.

Greek 2nd division is better than the D-League. And anyone saying otherwise is a freaking moron.

Yeah, pretty sure you are a troll.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: