Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-09-2013, 04:55 PM   #1
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default What would the Lakers record be if they traded Gasol for Smith/Williams?

What would the Lakers record be if they traded Gasol for Smith/Williams?

At the beginning of the summer, the Hawks were shopping both Josh Smith and Marvin Williams, and offered both for Pau Gasol. Williams ending up being shipped to Utah for Harris, while the Hawks never moved Smith.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:57 PM   #2
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: What would the Lakers record be if they traded Gasol for Smith/Williams?

Steve Nash would have really helped out Marvin.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:06 PM   #3
The Playmaker
Banned

The Playmaker has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What would the Lakers record be if they traded Gasol for Smith/Williams?

probably about the same since Kobe would still be on the team. kobe is the biggest reason why the lakers are struggling. he is unwilling to defer and he has to win it his way.

kobe's ego has made him for better and for the worse many times in his career, this made him for the worse
The Playmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:12 PM   #4
TheReal Kendall
Love Live Life

TheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputationTheReal Kendall has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Playmaker
probably about the same since Kobe would still be on the team. kobe is the biggest reason why the lakers are struggling. he is unwilling to defer and he has to win it his way.

kobe's ego has made him for better and for the worse many times in his career, this made him for the worse

Exactly! People don't realize Kobe is like a cancer. If the team was Nash, Howard, Smith, Jamison, Williams and Meeks I believe they would be a lot better
TheReal Kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:13 PM   #5
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I don't know but the Jazz's record would be a hell of a lot better if Hayward, Burks, Millsap and Carroll had been getting Marvin Gaye's minutes.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:34 PM   #6
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

11th seed?
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:45 PM   #7
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

A bit better but people would be saying "imagine how good they would be if they kept Pau"
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:30 PM   #8
dh144498
ripthekik is my hero!

dh144498 has not been impressing people

The Playmaker and TheReal Kendall same person?
dh144498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:31 PM   #9
KobeMagic
Can barely lace up my sneakers

KobeMagic has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Playmaker

Exactly! People don't realize Kobe is like a cancer. If the team was Nash, Howard, Smith, Jamison, Williams and Meeks I believe they would be a lot better
KobeMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:42 PM   #10
6 for 24
I hit open layups

6 for 24 has no real reputation yet.

Residents of InsideHoops:

I am learning so much here! But this topic confuses me. In this trade, is not Mr. Kobe Bryant still a Los Angeles Laker? If that be the case, the record would be: champion. Much as the planets circulate around the Earth, the basketball world circulates around Kobe Bryant and this is independent of his mates.

When I was 15 I killed my first lion. At this time, as is the ceremony in Mozambique, I was assigned a piss boy to manage my daily mundane tasks. My first servant was a fine, lithe boy by the name of Obi. He worked hard and didn't dare question me, and I grew quite fond of him. But I could tell, staring into his blank eyes, that he did not have the heart of a lion slayer as I, my father before me, and my father's father before him. So when, one day, he fell into our town's primary well while retrieving my daily ration, I did not feel a huge loss. After all, I knew it is not the piss boy that makes the champion.

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye
6 for 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:57 PM   #11
PickernRoller
2/5

PickernRoller has not been impressing people

Bunch of threads been polluted lately with the new members. I can see multiple alts already...

Just what ISH needed.
PickernRoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:04 PM   #12
ThaRegul8r
National High School Star

ThaRegul8r has a near all-star reputation hereThaRegul8r has a near all-star reputation hereThaRegul8r has a near all-star reputation hereThaRegul8r has a near all-star reputation hereThaRegul8r has a near all-star reputation hereThaRegul8r has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by PickernRoller
Bunch of threads been polluted lately with the new members. I can see multiple alts already...

Just what ISH needed.

A blind man should have been able to see what would happen with the opening of registration.

But, of course, quantity is the only thing that matters around here.
ThaRegul8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:06 PM   #13
Genaro
Local High School Star

Genaro has an OK reputation so far

Let's not forget the main problem the Lakers had this season was injuries. Pau missed himself 33 until now.
So if we're talking about a healthy Josh Smith and a healthy Marvin Williams, then their record would be better.
Genaro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:15 PM   #14
Micku
NBA lottery pick

Micku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well, there are pros and cons to Josh Smith.

He can't shoot, but he can defend and he is better at running up the floor than Gasol.
Micku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:18 PM   #15
Sparts Arwell
Banned

Sparts Arwell has an OK reputation so far

I agree with the posters whove indicated Kobe is likely their biggest obstacle. All that lipservice about how he wants to win so badly just doesnt add up with the facts. They win more when he shoots less, yet most nights he still chucks them right out of the game. He knows the correlation and he doesnt care. He puts himself above the team, the franchise, and the fans to a counterproductive effect. And somehow the latter two love him for it.
Sparts Arwell is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: