Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2013, 09:35 AM   #46
TheBigVeto
Negging Me Is Gay
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,235
Default Re: Do you think Kobe could've won a championship

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
[/B

Why do people act like the game 7 against the suns in 06 never happened?

Brah, only Kobetards ignore that beautiful fact, pretending it didn't exist.
TheBigVeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:36 AM   #47
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!
 
SilkkTheShocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13,786
Default Re: Do you think Kobe could've won a championship

Kobe quit in game 7 of the 06 playoffs.
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:41 AM   #48
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
DMAVS41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 20,181
Default Re: Do you think Kobe could've won a championship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandito
I dont think Kobe couldve gone far with this team, or at least farther then Lebron did. But Kobe wouldn't have quit in 2010, he would've at least tried. But the problem with that Cavs team is that it was built for Lebron James not Kobe bryant. Kobe is not the passer Lebron is.

What happened to that Cavs team is that they needed another player that could shoot or defend better in the post.

And why do people pretend like Bynum was such a factor when he played like ten minutes per game in both championship season? It was pretty much Odom who wasn't even a good defender coming off the bench and Gasol while a great player is not a superstar like Lebron stans say he is.

Why did Kobe quit in 2006 then?
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #49
Quintilianus
Banned
 
Quintilianus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Lithuania
Posts: 218
Default Re: Do you think Kobe could've won a championship

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
[/B

Why do people act like the game 7 against the suns in 06 never happened?
Why do people act like 6 games before that never happened?
Kobe tried to use the tactic that brought them back where he hit that game-tieing and later game-winning shot. That game-tieing shot was the 1st or 2n shot of the 4th quarter for kobe, and they were down in that game too, so they managed to comeback with kobe playing as a decoy.
He later on scored 50 points in a loss just to realize that high scoring from him doesn't phase the suns.
Lakers tried to comeback with the same tactic in game 7. Kobe still played good in first three quarters, he had 20 something points with 50+FG%. And they were down 20+, so it's not like his aggresive play could've saved them, when the only tactic that worked in comebacks in that series was him being a decoy and not shooting that much

Last edited by Quintilianus : 04-09-2013 at 09:51 AM.
Quintilianus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:56 AM   #50
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star
 
Xiao Yao You's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Peking, P.R.C., Asia
Posts: 9,977
Default Re: Do you think Kobe could've won a championship

Is Phil the coach in the scenario because Kobe has won nothing without him.
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:12 AM   #51
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
DMAVS41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 20,181
Default Re: Do you think Kobe could've won a championship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintilianus
Why do people act like 6 games before that never happened?
Kobe tried to use the tactic that brought them back where he hit that game-tieing and later game-winning shot. That game-tieing shot was the 1st or 2n shot of the 4th quarter for kobe, and they were down in that game too, so they managed to comeback with kobe playing as a decoy.
He later on scored 50 points in a loss just to realize that high scoring from him doesn't phase the suns.
Lakers tried to comeback with the same tactic in game 7. Kobe still played good in first three quarters, he had 20 something points with 50+FG%. And they were down 20+, so it's not like his aggresive play could've saved them, when the only tactic that worked in comebacks in that series was him being a decoy and not shooting that much

Still doesn't change the fact that Kobe did exactly what you claim and others claim he'd never do.

Never ceases to amaze me.

And Kobe's play in that series for a superstar was good, but hardly great. Please don't act otherwise because it's just not true.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:13 AM   #52
Anaximandro1
High School Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 810
Default Re: Do you think Kobe could've won a championship

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Playmaker
there isn't a single player in nba history that could have won with cleveland.
Olajuwon and Duncan led championship teams in pts,rb,as and blk

peak Olajuwon or Duncan + Mo Williams,Delonte West,Gibson,Pavlovic,Wally,Joe Smith,Big Z and Varejao could have been enough to win a title
Anaximandro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:15 AM   #53
Quintilianus
Banned
 
Quintilianus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Lithuania
Posts: 218
Default Re: Do you think Kobe could've won a championship

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
Still doesn't change the fact that Kobe did exactly what you claim and others claim he'd never do.

Never ceases to amaze me.

And Kobe's play in that series for a superstar was good, but hardly great. Please don't act otherwise because it's just not true.
Did Kobe stop playing defense in that game? Did he stop facilitating? No, nor he had many turnovers in the 4th or the whole game.
Quintilianus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:20 AM   #54
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
DMAVS41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 20,181
Default Re: Do you think Kobe could've won a championship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintilianus
Did Kobe stop playing defense in that game? Did he stop facilitating? No, nor he had many turnovers in the 4th or the whole game.

He clearly quit in the 2nd half...and was sending a message. Do we really have to debate this?

Do people think something less than a decade ago is just going to be forgotten or not properly remembered.

Kobe quit in the 2nd half...plain and simple.

So acting like Kobe would never pull what Lebron did in game 5 in 2010 is not a valid argument at all.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:26 AM   #55
Bandito
NBA Role Player
 
Bandito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 14,391
Default Re: Do you think Kobe could've won a championship

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
Why did Kobe quit in 2006 then?
He was sending a message to Phil that him passing was no way to win a championship.

And he proved him right.


**** if I know what he quit. Who am I his conscience? But don't compare 2006 with 2010 either, the team Lebron had was better than 06 Lakers by a lot.
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:49 AM   #56
LEFT4DEAD
A WITNESS!!!
 
LEFT4DEAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In the middle of nowhere!
Posts: 2,265
Default Re: Do you think Kobe could've won a championship

Kobe would have a hard time to lead that Cavs' team into the playoffs, let alone to lead them so deep as Lebron did year after year.
LEFT4DEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:52 AM   #57
lebeast666
I Do This
 
lebeast666's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,322
Default Re: Do you think Kobe could've won a championship

Good one OP
lebeast666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:56 AM   #58
TheReturn
Rnbizzle 2.0
 
TheReturn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 1,365
Default Re: Do you think Kobe could've won a championship

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
No even as a Kobe fan...nobody could with those rosters in 07 and 09. Lebron averaged 38,8 and 8 and still lost in 09 that says it all.
/Thread
TheReturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:08 AM   #59
thabisyo
Local High School Star
 
thabisyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,256
Default Re: Do you think Kobe could've won a championship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandito
He was sending a message to Phil that him passing was no way to win a championship.

And he proved him right.


**** if I know what he quit. Who am I his conscience? But don't compare 2006 with 2010 either, the team Lebron had was better than 06 Lakers by a lot.



Even now on paper, the lakers are better than the maimi
thabisyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:22 AM   #60
pegasus
€uroInU$A
 
pegasus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,344
Default Re: Do you think Kobe could've won a championship

They would have made it to the ECF every single year, and I'm sure they would have won at least one chip.
pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:12 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy