Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-09-2013, 04:14 AM   #1
I<3NBA
College superstar

I<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryI<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Do you think Kobe could've won a championship

in Cleveland?

he is clearly better than Lebron James in the "willpower" department. so i'm assuming he could've just "willed" that team to a championship.
I<3NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:16 AM   #2
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Do you think Kobe could've won a championship

Original thread idea.
RoundMoundOfReb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:16 AM   #3
The Playmaker
Banned

The Playmaker has an OK reputation so far

there isn't a single player in nba history that could have won with cleveland.
The Playmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:17 AM   #4
jcsrplumply
Local High School Star

jcsrplumply has no real reputation yet.

Here we go again.
jcsrplumply is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:20 AM   #5
I<3NBA
College superstar

I<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryI<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Playmaker
there isn't a single player in nba history that could have won with cleveland.
i think MJ could have won with that team. the original is better than the copy.
I<3NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:31 AM   #6
kennethgriffin
NBA rookie of the year

kennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this board

kobe won a title with top 90-100 all time ranked pau gasoft as his 2nd best player in 2009

and no other player on the team had ever made an allstar team

prime kobe was alpha as f*CK

so to answer op... yes
kennethgriffin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:39 AM   #7
retaxis
Good High School Starter

retaxis has no real reputation yet.

Kobe is a great player but comparing Lebrons 06 team to the best NBA front line that Kobe won with in Gasol-Odom-Bynum is not really comparable. Kobe can win but not without a hell of a lot of BIG MAN help.
retaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:41 AM   #8
Boomerang
Serious playground baller

Boomerang has an OK reputation so far

Current Lebron would take old Cavs team to championship.
Boomerang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:41 AM   #9
miller-time
NBA sixth man of the year

miller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermiller-time is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
kobe won a title with top 90-100 all time ranked pau gasoft as his 2nd best player in 2009

and no other player on the team had ever made an allstar team

prime kobe was alpha as f*CK

so to answer op... yes

And what 90-100 all time player did the Cavs have? Their second best scorer was Larry Hughes.

Kobe had

Pau > Gooden
Bynum > Ilgauskas
Odom > Pavlovic

Lakers without Kobe were way higher than Cavs without LeBron.
miller-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:47 AM   #10
kennethgriffin
NBA rookie of the year

kennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by retaxis
Kobe is a great player but comparing Lebrons 06 team to the best NBA front line that Kobe won with in Gasol-Odom-Bynum is not really comparable. Kobe can win but not without a hell of a lot of BIG MAN help.

Old 04-09-2013, 04:49 AM   #11
Königspinguin
LandValueTax=Future

Königspinguin has decent reputationKönigspinguin has decent reputation

He wouldn't get them out of the first round. Lebron is just a better player than Kobe.
Königspinguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:50 AM   #12
retaxis
Good High School Starter

retaxis has no real reputation yet.

Ken you know as well as I do Gasol - Odom (sixth man of the year) - Bynum (defence big body) was the best frontline in the NBA those years not to take anything from Kobe.
retaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:55 AM   #13
kennethgriffin
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Königspinguin
He wouldn't get them out of the first round. Lebron is just a better player than Kobe.

now? sure... all time? no... during the playoffs when the cavs were a 60 win team? no...

kobe was much more capable than lebron at the time for leading teams to championships

lebron was still in diapers learning how and when to do things. and figuring out how to play in 4th quarters.

fact is.. kobe won a title with the 3rd or 4th worst championship 2nd option in nba history

only hakeem and walton had lower ranked kick stands

bynum sat the 4th quarters and only averaged 6-8 points..

odom never made an allstar team

everyone else after that was pretty average

lebron needed 2 hall of famers in their prime just to win 1 asterisk title

Old 04-09-2013, 04:57 AM   #14
KOBE143
In GawdBe We Trust

KOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Kobe won b2b with Gasoft, Odumb, No knees Bynum and Fisher the worst starting pg of all time as his best teammates, so YES..
KOBE143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:02 AM   #15
6 for 24
I hit open layups

6 for 24 has no real reputation yet.

My InsideHoops brothers & sisters:

This is a wonderful discussion! Now here in Mozambique, we did not receive the NBA broadcasts during the time you refer to, but I can only assume this Cleveland team was horrible, yes? So the question is, can the great Kobe Bryant take a horrible team to the championship trophy?

I am no expert on the basketball, but, from the many hours I have watched Kobe Bryant, I would say yes, emphatically! I believe, so long as there are players that are willing to give Kobe the ball, the ball will find its way to the cylinder, awarding the points necessary to be victorious.

For example, let us look at this season. Again, it is difficult for me to follow the broadcasts due to the inclement weather and the lions, but from my understanding, Kobe has quite horrible teammates this year. And yet it seems his team is again the favorites to win the championship title! This is quite remarkable!

So, yes, yes, one thousand times yes!

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye
6 for 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: