Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-09-2013, 10:56 PM   #46
Graviton
Cavs fan since 1970

Graviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: GOATbrooks last 4 games

Westbrook is still one of the best defenders at his position while Harden is one of the worst and gives no effort. Even Houstan fans are calling him out on his "Matador" defense.

Yea Harden is smarter and more efficient, that's why he averages less assists, more turnovers and shoots about the same percentage. He gets gifted more free throws though.

Since All-Star break...

Harden - 25/5/6.5 on 42% and 3.3 turnovers + crappy defense
Westbrook - 25/6/6.5 on 46% and 2.9 turnovers + elite defense

It's obvious who is better if you actually watch both play.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:00 PM   #47
Psycho
Banned

Psycho has a bad reputationPsycho has a bad reputationPsycho has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
Westbrook is still one of the best defenders at his position while Harden is one of the worst and gives no effort. Even Houstan fans are calling him out on his "Matador" defense.

Yea Harden is smarter and more efficient, that's why he averages less assists, more turnovers and shoots about the same percentage. He gets gifted more free throws though.

Since All-Star break...

Harden - 25/5/6.5 on 42% and 3.3 turnovers + crappy defense
Westbrook - 25/6/6.5 on 46% and 2.9 turnovers + elite defense

It's obvious who is better if you actually watch both play.

You're sporting a pretty big Hardon for Westbrook there.

Heh
Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:04 PM   #48
Facades
I brick open layups

Facades has an OK reputation so far

I'd take Westbrook over Harden atm, but time will tell who's the better player since neither have reached their primes yet. As far as Westbrook's decision making, I think a lot of the problem is that he's playing under a soft coach who lets him do whatever he wants and won't get on him when he makes stupid decisions. Imagine how good Westbrook would be playing for a coach like Pop.
Facades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:05 PM   #49
Jef
I hit open 5-footers

Jef is considered somewhat coolJef is considered somewhat cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFzM9...ature=youtu.be
Jef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:09 PM   #50
Amar'e_Juwanna
Great young streetballer

Amar'e_Juwanna has decent reputation

Couldn't beat the Knicks.
Amar'e_Juwanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:11 PM   #51
red1
Dinosaurs

red1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amar'e_Juwanna
Couldn't beat the Knicks.
lmao look at this knick fan getting cocky after one season of being relevant
red1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:12 PM   #52
Graviton
Cavs fan since 1970

Graviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho
You're sporting a pretty big Hardon for Westbrook there.

Heh
Shut up Perkins.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:31 PM   #53
The Playmaker
Banned

The Playmaker has an OK reputation so far

How does westbrook have elite defense?

you mean the same guy that was suppose to defend parker on this play?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqlZ-55Z6OM
The Playmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:38 PM   #54
Facades
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Playmaker
How does westbrook have elite defense?

you mean the same guy that was suppose to defend parker on this play?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqlZ-55Z6OM
He gets lost sometimes but his one-on-one defense is really good.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:39 PM   #55
The Playmaker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facades
He gets lost sometimes but his one-on-one defense is really good.
if his one on one defense is good, why was tony parker getting career highs all over the thunder defense until they put thabo on him?

people overrate westbrook because of his ability and talent. he doesn't produce like he should. he is the kobe bryant of this generation.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:45 PM   #56
Facades
I brick open layups

Quote:
if his one on one defense is good, why was tony parker getting career highs all over the thunder defense until they put thabo on him?

people overrate westbrook because of his ability and talent. he doesn't produce like he should. he is the kobe bryant of this generation.
Small sample size, good defenders get schooled sometimes. It happens. Plus, Thabo's an elite perimeter defender, Westbrook's not. He's a good defender but not elite.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:50 PM   #57
The Playmaker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facades
Small sample size, good defenders get schooled sometimes. It happens. Plus, Thabo's an elite perimeter defender, Westbrook's not. He's a good defender but not elite.
Ok, so we can agree that westbrook is nothing special on defense, so i'm not sure what exactly westbrook's advantages over harden are.

he is worse offensively at literally everything. westbrook can get to the rim better but harden is a much better finisher and is better at drawing/selling contact. harden is a much better decision maker.

so westbrook being a good defender and a great rebounder makes him better than a guy who is much better than him on offense at everything? doesn't make sense.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:05 AM   #58
Facades
I brick open layups

Quote:
Ok, so we can agree that westbrook is nothing special on defense, so i'm not sure what exactly westbrook's advantages over harden are.

he is worse offensively at literally everything. westbrook can get to the rim better but harden is a much better finisher and is better at drawing/selling contact. harden is a much better decision maker.

so westbrook being a good defender and a great rebounder makes him better than a guy who is much better than him on offense at everything? doesn't make sense.
I disagree. I think offensively they're pretty equal as of now. They're both very effective going to the rim. Harden has the 3 point shot, Westbrook has the mid range game. Harden's a better decision maker, Westbrook's a better passer. Hopefully someday we'll get to see Westbrook as the #1 option so we can really compare.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:48 AM   #59
SamuraiSWISH
Samurai Swoosh

SamuraiSWISH has an incredible reputation hereSamuraiSWISH has an incredible reputation hereSamuraiSWISH has an incredible reputation hereSamuraiSWISH has an incredible reputation hereSamuraiSWISH has an incredible reputation hereSamuraiSWISH has an incredible reputation hereSamuraiSWISH has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
Money, cmon bro. For a guy who doesn't care about Westbrook you sure like to post hateful essays about him every chance you get. You are more obsessed with him than his fans, you are nearing Silk's Melo hate level.
I'm commenting in a thread that someone else created, and giving my reasons why I don't like him. It's not baseless. It's history, which forms the overall opinion of a player. A stretch of games for a month or two doesn't alter the majority of what he has become.

How is that hating? I've also pointed out his positives. His positives for me just don't out weigh his negatives.

A stretch of good games where he's been some what more in control doesn't impress me. Do it for the long haul. Be a consistent, smart PG who makes the right decisions.

He still plays like a dip shit, though. I turned on the OKC - San Antonio game the other day, and like the first 2 or 3 possessions of the game, the retard comes down runs full speed and pulls that ugly ass transition jumper.

One of them not even hitting close to the rim. His game is ugly. He's over emotional, he's a terrible leader. I don't like him. Point blank. You're on the guy's jock, and always have been.

You tried telling me a few months back D-Wade was a bum and Westbrook was better. I told from a numbers perspective you'd be right, but given I have much more basketball knowledge and acumen in my memory bank ... I know when a guy is coasting, and when another guy is playing to the best of his abilities.

I told you Wade is still the better player than Westbrook, clearly. The situations just called for different performances out of the two. Wade still has the higher ceiling. When Westbrook returns from the land of Oz with a brain, then OKC and Westbrook will get respect from me.

Until then, the jury is still out on this tantrum throwing retard.
SamuraiSWISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:58 AM   #60
SillyRabbit
Kids at the park dunk on me

SillyRabbit has not been impressing people

Quote:

You know you're far gone when this is supposed to be an insult.
SillyRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: