Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2013, 04:20 PM   #31
KG215
NBA Legend
 
KG215's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,297
Default Re: GOATbrooks last 4 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
Eh, if you're going to pick an arbitrary number of games, at least have the numbers be off the charts in those games like Melo's 42/8 on 61% in his last 4.
Arbitrary or not, 28-10-8 over a 4 game stretch is still pretty damn impressive. Obviously Carmelo has been better over his last 4 games, but still, Westbrook's numbers in his last 4 aren't anything to sneeze at.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:21 PM   #32
SamuraiSWISH
GOAT gonna GOAT
 
SamuraiSWISH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4,828
Default Re: GOATbrooks last 4 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
And yet, despite all of that, he's still putting up very good numbers. I guess we should just be even more amazed by what kind of numbers he could be putting up if he didn't play in such an out of control unorthodox ugly manner.
He doesn't have the intelligence, or patience to play like that ...

Kid plays off emotion, purely. Which is part of his downfall, why he shouldn't be a "PG", and why he usually makes horrendous decisions with the ball.

I'd love to see this turtle on his own team, and we would see how good they can be sans amazing defensive role players, and a top five player in Kevin Durant.

He'd be force to think the game out more, without basic coverages, and would see more doubles and triples. He'd struggle I believe. With that said, sometimes he uses his physical gifts to play stellar defense.
SamuraiSWISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:35 PM   #33
KG215
NBA Legend
 
KG215's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,297
Default Re: GOATbrooks last 4 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
He doesn't have the intelligence, or patience to play like that ...

Kid plays off emotion, purely. Which is part of his downfall, why he shouldn't be a "PG", and why he usually makes horrendous decisions with the ball.

I'd love to see this turtle on his own team, and we would see how good they can be sans amazing defensive role players, and a top five player in Kevin Durant.

He'd be force to think the game out more, without basic coverages, and would see more doubles and triples. He'd struggle I believe. With that said, sometimes he uses his physical gifts to play stellar defense.
Yeah, it sounds like to me you're letting a personal dislike and/or hatred of Westbrook get in the way of seeing just how good he really is. Yes, he's a highly emotional and instinctual player. That doesn't mean he's not an elite top 5-10 player in the league right now. And it also doesn't mean he's not vital to OKC's success. Contrary to popular belief, he and Durant work very well together.

Last edited by KG215 : 04-09-2013 at 04:42 PM.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:41 PM   #34
SamuraiSWISH
GOAT gonna GOAT
 
SamuraiSWISH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4,828
Default Re: GOATbrooks last 4 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Yeah, it sounds like toe you're letting a personal dislike and/or hatred of Westbrook get in the way of seeing just how good he really is.
Or it sounds like you'd like to give him oral pleasures given he plays on your favorite team.

I don't hate him, I just don't like him as a player. Or even a person for that matter, but I don't like LeBron as a person ... but I love his game sometimes. So I still remain objective. I think you're not admitting to his faults as a player. I've acknowledged his strengths, which you act as if I didn't and I'm just hating on him. But his flaws are too glaring for me.

Westbrook has problems with his game. He's an emotional player, and probably actually has emotional / anger problems as well ... which makes him being a leader as PG tumultuous and a bad decision maker.

He should be the teams emotion guy, playing SG ... and have a more controlled, intelligent guy running the team. Then, the OKC's weakness as it pertains to Westbrook's decision making would be off set.

Otherwise, his emotion and outbursts can win them games, and lose them games. He isn't consistent, and you never know what you're going to get with him.

His best game ever in the Finals is a microcosm of him as a person and player. His emotions and relentless attacking ability had OKC competing in a game when no one else was really showing up. But his lack of intelligence also cost them the game on a ridiculous dumb foul. He lost them the game he could've won for them.

SamuraiSWISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:43 PM   #35
The Playmaker
Banned
 
The Playmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 49
Default Re: GOATbrooks last 4 games

rwb has been better than durant since the all-star break.

however, i think it is clear that the thunder made the wrong move and that they should have kept harden over westbrook. i actually think harden will end up being better than durant too.
The Playmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:52 PM   #36
ShaqAttack3234
7-time NBA All-Star
 
ShaqAttack3234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12,966
Default Re: GOATbrooks last 4 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Arbitrary or not, 28-10-8 over a 4 game stretch is still pretty damn impressive. Obviously Carmelo has been better over his last 4 games, but still, Westbrook's numbers in his last 4 aren't anything to sneeze at.

Yeah, I wasn't saying anything about his level of play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Playmaker
rwb has been better than durant since the all-star break.

however, i think it is clear that the thunder made the wrong move and that they should have kept harden over westbrook. i actually think harden will end up being better than durant too.

Considering Durant has average 28 per game for the year and Westbrook has averaged 23, it's surprising how close they are in scoring since the break. Durant has averaged 26.5 since the break in 38.2 mpg and Westbrook has averaged 25.2 since the break in just 34.4 mpg.

As far as Westbrook and Harden. As of now, I have to go with Westbrook because he's the better defender, a better rebounder and he's improved his mid-range game. He's pretty good there now, and has been making bank shots as well as shown the ability to be one of the best point guards in the post.

I like Harden better as a passer and decision maker, but his game is pretty much 3s and drives to the basket. I'd like to see a mid-range game from him. Plus, Harden actually turns the ball over more than Westbrook and Westbrook's aggressiveness does work for OKC, imo. He may make bad decisions at times, but his athleticism often makes up for it, and I think that more than anything, teams view him as a real threat because of it.

I don't see Harden becoming better than Durant, but it's too early to say since this is his first year with his own team.
ShaqAttack3234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 04:57 PM   #37
The Playmaker
Banned
 
The Playmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 49
Default Re: GOATbrooks last 4 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
As far as Westbrook and Harden. As of now, I have to go with Westbrook because he's the better defender, a better rebounder and he's improved his mid-range game. He's pretty good there now, and has been making bank shots as well as shown the ability to be one of the best point guards in the post.

I like Harden better as a passer and decision maker, but his game is pretty much 3s and drives to the basket. I'd like to see a mid-range game from him. Plus, Harden actually turns the ball over more than Westbrook and Westbrook's aggressiveness does work for OKC, imo. He may make bad decisions at times, but his athleticism often makes up for it, and I think that more than anything, teams view him as a real threat because of it.

I don't see Harden becoming better than Durant, but it's too early to say since this is his first year with his own team.
-WB is a pretty inconsistent defender. he makes good defensive plays at times but often times he stinks and gets torched. it is no surprise that tony parker has had some of his biggest games when westbrook was on him. it wasn't until they put thabo on him when parker started slowing down.

WB hasn't been a good defender since his rookie season, truthfully.

-Rebounding shouldn't be a big deal since they're both guards, but it's not like westbrook is putting up j-kidd rebounding numbers and it's not like harden is putting up bargnani rebounding numbers. I don't see why it would be a big deal.

-harden is better because of his efficiency and his decision making. i'm not sure why you are shrugging that off like it's not a big advantage because it is. these two are both dynamic offensive players but harden's superior efficiency and decision making makes him the better player.

so what if harden doesn't have a mid-range game? it hasn't stopped him from producing.

people get confused because of wb's tremendous talent but he is not the better player.
The Playmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:20 PM   #38
maybeshewill13
**** u Perkins u ****
 
maybeshewill13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: ═sjaki
Posts: 6,220
Default Re: GOATbrooks last 4 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
He doesn't have the intelligence, or patience to play like that ...

Kid plays off emotion, purely. Which is part of his downfall, why he shouldn't be a "PG", and why he usually makes horrendous decisions with the ball.

I'd love to see this turtle on his own team, and we would see how good they can be sans amazing defensive role players, and a top five player in Kevin Durant.

He'd be force to think the game out more, without basic coverages, and would see more doubles and triples. He'd struggle I believe. With that said, sometimes he uses his physical gifts to play stellar defense.
Oh he mad as fuqqq
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:24 PM   #39
esiotrot
Banned
 
esiotrot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 184
Default Re: GOATbrooks last 4 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
Or it sounds like you'd like to give him oral pleasures given he plays on your favorite team.

I don't hate him, I just don't like him as a player. Or even a person for that matter, but I don't like LeBron as a person ... but I love his game sometimes. So I still remain objective. I think you're not admitting to his faults as a player. I've acknowledged his strengths, which you act as if I didn't and I'm just hating on him. But his flaws are too glaring for me.

Westbrook has problems with his game. He's an emotional player, and probably actually has emotional / anger problems as well ... which makes him being a leader as PG tumultuous and a bad decision maker.

He should be the teams emotion guy, playing SG ... and have a more controlled, intelligent guy running the team. Then, the OKC's weakness as it pertains to Westbrook's decision making would be off set.

Otherwise, his emotion and outbursts can win them games, and lose them games. He isn't consistent, and you never know what you're going to get with him.

His best game ever in the Finals is a microcosm of him as a person and player. His emotions and relentless attacking ability had OKC competing in a game when no one else was really showing up. But his lack of intelligence also cost them the game on a ridiculous dumb foul. He lost them the game he could've won for them.


Money23/SamuraiSwoosh
esiotrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:18 PM   #40
ShaqAttack3234
7-time NBA All-Star
 
ShaqAttack3234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 12,966
Default Re: GOATbrooks last 4 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Playmaker
-WB is a pretty inconsistent defender. he makes good defensive plays at times but often times he stinks and gets torched. it is no surprise that tony parker has had some of his biggest games when westbrook was on him. it wasn't until they put thabo on him when parker started slowing down.

WB hasn't been a good defender since his rookie season, truthfully.

-Rebounding shouldn't be a big deal since they're both guards, but it's not like westbrook is putting up j-kidd rebounding numbers and it's not like harden is putting up bargnani rebounding numbers. I don't see why it would be a big deal.

-harden is better because of his efficiency and his decision making. i'm not sure why you are shrugging that off like it's not a big advantage because it is. these two are both dynamic offensive players but harden's superior efficiency and decision making makes him the better player.

so what if harden doesn't have a mid-range game? it hasn't stopped him from producing.

people get confused because of wb's tremendous talent but he is not the better player.

Westbrook is clearly a better defender than Harden, and his rebounding is a plus. He's the best rebounder at his position and has to be considered among the best rebounding guards right now.

Mid-range game is definitely important to me, and just being more well rounded. Even though they put up similar numbers, Westbrook impresses me more. If Harden had the mid-range game I'd probably agree.
ShaqAttack3234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:21 PM   #41
dh144498
ripthekik is my hero!
 
dh144498's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,769
Default Re: GOATbrooks last 4 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
Or it sounds like you'd like to give him oral pleasures given he plays on your favorite team.

I don't hate him, I just don't like him as a player. Or even a person for that matter, but I don't like LeBron as a person ... but I love his game sometimes. So I still remain objective. I think you're not admitting to his faults as a player. I've acknowledged his strengths, which you act as if I didn't and I'm just hating on him. But his flaws are too glaring for me.

Westbrook has problems with his game. He's an emotional player, and probably actually has emotional / anger problems as well ... which makes him being a leader as PG tumultuous and a bad decision maker.

He should be the teams emotion guy, playing SG ... and have a more controlled, intelligent guy running the team. Then, the OKC's weakness as it pertains to Westbrook's decision making would be off set.

Otherwise, his emotion and outbursts can win them games, and lose them games. He isn't consistent, and you never know what you're going to get with him.

His best game ever in the Finals is a microcosm of him as a person and player. His emotions and relentless attacking ability had OKC competing in a game when no one else was really showing up. But his lack of intelligence also cost them the game on a ridiculous dumb foul. He lost them the game he could've won for them.


dh144498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:06 PM   #42
SamuraiSWISH
GOAT gonna GOAT
 
SamuraiSWISH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4,828
Default Re: GOATbrooks last 4 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by esiotrot
Money23/SamuraiSwoosh
This guy is a genius just like Westbrook ... As if I was even tying to hide the fact I'm CLEARLY that guy. I changed my username for a reason. I took sabbatical because of all the morons who don't understand the game, and many of them seem to be young fans of Westbrook populating this thread.

Westbrook has a personality disorder, low IQ, and a very subjective but to me a very ugly aesthetic to his game.

Incredible athlete, can be a fierce competitor when fueled off emotons or his personality disorder ... but ultimatly is a mental midgit, can't think the game out, has terrible shot selection, not a great playmaker given his penetrating abilities and is an inconsistent defender.

But when he does decide to play defense, it's usually quite stellar. How does this guy even have fans though? He's unlikable, fake tough guy / renegade, gets into beef with teammates and POUTS DURING GAMES !! Has a straight up annoying gloat tactic when OKC is up, and then pouts like a girl and childishly tries to bump, shove and injure players when he's getting styled on.

He's obviously un-coachable. Incredible athlete, but he might be slightly retarded. The ninja turtles evil, retarded brother they didn't want you to know about. Oh, and he dresses like Urkel and a Teletubby's love child.

SamuraiSWISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:26 PM   #43
The Playmaker
Banned
 
The Playmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 49
Default Re: GOATbrooks last 4 games

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
Westbrook is clearly a better defender than Harden, and his rebounding is a plus. He's the best rebounder at his position and has to be considered among the best rebounding guards right now.

Mid-range game is definitely important to me, and just being more well rounded. Even though they put up similar numbers, Westbrook impresses me more. If Harden had the mid-range game I'd probably agree.
How does having a mid-range game make WB better? when WB averages less ppg with much worse efficiency than the beard does? I don't get it. WB has more skills and talent but he's not smart and that is why james is better.

if we based players just on skills and talent then WB might be better than durant but we all know that is false.

don't think wb's advantage with defense and rebound is enough especially since their both guards and wb isn't anything special on that end, not like he is avery bradley out there.
The Playmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:41 PM   #44
red1
#realtalk
 
red1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 8,365
Default Re: GOATbrooks last 4 games

I liked russell since he was drafted and lately he's been growing on me even more. Am not a thunder fan in the least yet I wouldnt mind seeing swagbrook win a ring and fmvp
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:47 PM   #45
Graviton
The Lost Ninja Turtle
 
Graviton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The Van
Posts: 3,360
Default Re: GOATbrooks last 4 games

Money, cmon bro. For a guy who doesn't care about Westbrook you sure like to post hateful essays about him every chance you get. You are more obsessed with him than his fans, you are nearing Silk's Melo hate level.

And cmon stop living in the past and watch some OKC games. Since the All-Star break Westbrook has been playing great basketball reflected in both his more efficient stats, less turnover and team record. Saying he is an uncoachable cancer that hurts his team is just downright retarded when OKC is fighting for 1st seed without Harden, in large part due to Westbrook's anc Durant's all around game and domination.

How do you expect people to take you seriously when you make hateful ignorant claims backed with no facts and no shred of objectivity. Anyone who has watched OKC games this year knows the truth. Whoever doesn't just keeps rehashing Westbrook material from 2011.

Why you think there has been so little Westbrook hate threads in past few months? The trolls have no ammo due to his stellar play
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:34 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy