Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #1
ThatsGame
Bosh Saves MIA

ThatsGame has decent reputationThatsGame has decent reputation
Default Was Bird and Magic's relationship real?

I just got to thinking about Larry Bird and Magic's relationship and the era that they played in and I am wondering. Could their relationship have been fake? Could it have just been made up because Larry was white and Magic was black, and that them being considered best of friends in the media was used to try and erase racial barriers? Do you think the NBA payed them off to do it?
ThatsGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:11 PM   #2
dh144498
ripthekik is my hero!

dh144498 is considered somewhat cooldh144498 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Was Bird and Magic's relationship real?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatsGame
I just got to thinking about Larry Bird and Magic's relationship and the era that they played in and I am wondering. Could their relationship have been fake? Could it have just been made up because Larry was white and Magic was black, and that them being considered best of friends in the media was used to try and erase racial barriers? Do you think the NBA payed them off to do it?

it was/is real.
dh144498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:11 PM   #3
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

who cares.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:13 PM   #4
TheReal Kendall
Love Live Life

TheReal Kendall is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReal Kendall is starting to rub some people the wrong way

could be fake could be real. Why does it matter now?
TheReal Kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:17 PM   #5
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!

Levity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation here

That Larry/Magic documentary made it seem like Nike pushed for them to have a relationship, and eventually, the two of them did become friends because of it. Though, all documentaries are propaganda, so take it how you want it.
Levity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:20 PM   #6
selrahc
Local High School Star

selrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this board

i heard from a source close to bird that they didnt like each other very much until they participated in a gangbang together and their eyes met as they were both coming. after that they were good friends.
selrahc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:22 PM   #7
dh144498
ripthekik is my hero!

dh144498 is considered somewhat cooldh144498 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahc
i heard from a source close to bird that they didnt like each other very much until they participated in a gangbang together and their eyes met as they were both coming. after that they were good friends.

dh144498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:23 PM   #8
elementally morale
College superstar

elementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputation

I think they really respect each other but the 'I love you so much' part always seemed forced to me. But off the court Magic seems forced 95% of the time anyway, so what do I know?
elementally morale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:26 PM   #9
buddha
dude, where's my shaq?

buddha is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
i remember a time when bird and magic didnt like each other very much until they double penetrated me and their eyes met as they were both coming. after that they were good friends.

what he really meant
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:41 PM   #10
inclinerator
Future NBA G.O.A.T

inclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

they are lovers
inclinerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:08 PM   #11
AlphaWolf24
Bringer of Rain

AlphaWolf24 is considered somewhat coolAlphaWolf24 is considered somewhat cool

they are good friends who respect each other...

- Magic said ....when he and Larry filmed a commercial near Larry's hometown....

- Larry told Magic that both of em' had to go to Mama's house ( Larry's moms) to eat lunch.( it was mandatory).

- they all talked and formed a great relationship that day ( beyond just athlete/sports stuff)

- and through the rest of the 80's and beyond ( off the court) they only strengthened thier friendship.

- Both had alot in common on the court and off.
AlphaWolf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:24 PM   #12
diamenz
Good High School Starter

diamenz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

1080p original source rip or it didn't happen.
diamenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:46 AM   #13
I<3NBA
College superstar

I<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryI<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

they may have been forced to fake it at the start, but overtime, a real friendship developed and grew.
I<3NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:57 AM   #14
Cherry Picker
I shoot 85 %

Cherry Picker has a terrific reputationCherry Picker has a terrific reputationCherry Picker has a terrific reputationCherry Picker has a terrific reputationCherry Picker has a terrific reputation

They got paid by the government to create racial harmony
Cherry Picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:16 AM   #15
aj1987
MH!

aj1987 is a pretty well-respected posteraj1987 is a pretty well-respected posteraj1987 is a pretty well-respected poster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtykEHPRO1Q

It's a great documentary and must watch for basketball fans.
aj1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: