Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2013, 05:07 AM   #16
esiotrot
Banned
 
esiotrot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 184
Default Re: Do people really believe KD is only a good scorer because of his free throws?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjokc
Yeah sorry, that was a bad generalization on my part. I know there are dumb KD stans too.

The funny this is, I've only seen one Durant stan (28renyoy/joyner) and most Melo 'stans' are just really optimistic Knicks fans.
esiotrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:19 AM   #17
Greg Oden 50
Banned
 
Greg Oden 50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,234
Default Re: Do people really believe KD is only a good scorer because of his free throws?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
People are just overreacting to the latest Melo hot streak and bashing Durant because they are "scoring rivals".


DURANT IS REFS's LOVER,PLAIN & SIMPLE........
he wiill never able plays in 80s-90s beaucse he is so soft
Greg Oden 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:13 AM   #18
joeyjoejoe
High School JV MVP
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 673
Default Re: Do people really believe KD is only a good scorer because of his free throws?

Na ppl don't believe that they just annoyed that he gets the whistle a little too often, dude can shoot the lights out tho
joeyjoejoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:46 AM   #19
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports
 
All Net's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 21,550
Default Re: Do people really believe KD is only a good scorer because of his free throws?

Maybe people who wear blindfolds..
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:16 AM   #20
ThatsGame
Heat >
 
ThatsGame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,563
Default Re: Do people really believe KD is only a good scorer because of his free throws?

Maybe it's HOW he gets to the line and not HOW MANY times.

Or in the case of Durant both.
ThatsGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:53 AM   #21
Clutch
NBA Legend
 
Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: MSG
Posts: 15,785
Default Re: Do people really believe KD is only a good scorer because of his free throws?

If you watch OKC you can see that a lot of fouls that Durant draws are phantom calls or weak ass fouls.

Him going to the line a lot raises his FG% (when you miss a shot and you're fouled it doesn't count as a missed field goal attempt) and also results in defenders not being able to pressure him because they know refs will call a foul even if they breathe on him.

I don't need statistical evidence. I watch games and I know Durant gets most phantom fouls in the league,and BY FAR.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:05 AM   #22
Segatti
Good High School Starter
 
Segatti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 934
Default Re: Do people really believe KD is only a good scorer because of his free throws?

People blame him because he is smart and takes advantage of the bad refeering. Doesn't matter what they say though, still the best scorer today.
Segatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:08 AM   #23
ThatsGame
Heat >
 
ThatsGame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,563
Default Re: Do people really believe KD is only a good scorer because of his free throws?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segatti
People blame him because he is smart and takes advantage of the bad refeering. Doesn't matter what they say though, still the best scorer today.

Doesn't matter what you say, scoring off bad refereeing doesn't make you the best scorer today, it makes you babied by the league and is covering up flaws.
ThatsGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:20 AM   #24
lilgodfather1
Wait and See
 
lilgodfather1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,050
Default Re: Do people really believe KD is only a good scorer because of his free throws?

Durant is a very good scorer, but some of the calls he gets are terrible. If he got treated like LeBron he wouldn't be the league leader in points. It comes down to the body types. If LeBron gets legitimately fouled on the arm, he's still making the shot because he's so strong. With KD he's missing the shot, and getting FT's.
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:21 AM   #25
HarryCallahan
Banned
 
HarryCallahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 5,648
Default Re: Do people really believe KD is only a good scorer because of his free throws?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
If you watch OKC you can see that a lot of fouls that Durant draws are phantom calls or weak ass fouls.

Him going to the line a lot raises his FG% (when you miss a shot and you're fouled it doesn't count as a missed field goal attempt) and also results in defenders not being able to pressure him because they know refs will call a foul even if they breathe on him.

I don't need statistical evidence. I watch games and I know Durant gets most phantom fouls in the league,and BY FAR.

Keep telling yourself that.
HarryCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:39 AM   #26
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Sarcastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: #KnicksTape
Posts: 21,354
Default Re: Do people really believe KD is only a good scorer because of his free throws?

Durant has taken 722 free throws on 1380 field goal attempts, or .523 free throws per field goal attempt.

Carmelo has taken 479 free throws on 1387 field goal attempts, or .345 free throws per field goal attempt.

Kobe has taken 581 free throws on 1529 field goal attempts, or .377 free thows per field goal attempt.

Lebron has taken 513 free throw on 1316 field goal attempts, or .389 free throws per field goal attempt.



Of course Durant is an amazing player, but to say that he is not aided by free throws is ludicrous.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:45 AM   #27
BuffaloBill
#HugLife
 
BuffaloBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 10,583
Default Re: Do people really believe KD is only a good scorer because of his free throws?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjokc
Only people who are insecure about their favorite player. In other words Lebron, Kobe or Melo fans.



Nailed it in the first post.
BuffaloBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:46 AM   #28
Clutch
NBA Legend
 
Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: MSG
Posts: 15,785
Default Re: Do people really believe KD is only a good scorer because of his free throws?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Durant has taken 722 free throws on 1380 field goal attempts, or .523 free throws per field goal attempt.

Carmelo has taken 479 free throws on 1387 field goal attempts, or .345 free throws per field goal attempt.

Kobe has taken 581 free throws on 1529 field goal attempts, or .377 free thows per field goal attempt.

Lebron has taken 513 free throw on 1316 field goal attempts, or .389 free throws per field goal attempt.



Of course Durant is an amazing player, but to say that he is not aided by free throws is ludicrous.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:55 AM   #29
Blue&Orange
MIAfan since Crusades
 
Blue&Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,506
Default Re: Do people really believe KD is only a good scorer because of his free throws?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
Probably, but unfortunately most people are just stupid on here.

Durant goes to the line less than 1 more time than the likes of Kobe and Melo.

Durant shoots 9.4 free throws per game.

Kobe shoots 7.7 and Melo shoots 7.6
Melo 22fga, Durant 17.9fga. You're 100% right, most people are just stupid here, they don't even know how to use stats correctly.

For your education:
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...2&postcount=29
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:17 PM   #30
juju151111
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 7,613
Default Re: Do people really believe KD is only a good scorer because of his free throws?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatsGame
Doesn't matter what you say, scoring off bad refereeing doesn't make you the best scorer today, it makes you babied by the league and is covering up flaws.
Why did Durant still dominant last season then while averging 7.6 fts
juju151111 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:12 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy