Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-08-2013, 04:01 AM   #1
esiotrot
Banned

esiotrot has an OK reputation so far
Default Do people really believe KD is only a good scorer because of his free throws?

First off: he gets a lot of cheap calls because of his flailing limbs and sht.

But last year, he averaged 28.0ppg on 49.6/38.7/86.0 (61%TS) with 7.6 free throws per game.

esiotrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:04 AM   #2
mjokc
Local High School Star

mjokc is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Do people really believe KD is only a good scorer because of his free throws?

Only people who are insecure about their favorite player. In other words Lebron, Kobe or Melo fans.
mjokc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:05 AM   #3
Graviton
The Last Alpha Lion

Graviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Do people really believe KD is only a good scorer because of his free throws?

People are just overreacting to the latest Melo hot streak and bashing Durant because they are "scoring rivals".
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:08 AM   #4
Eric Cartman
respect my authoritah

Eric Cartman is considered somewhat coolEric Cartman is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
People are just overreacting to the latest Melo hot streak and bashing Durant because they are "scoring rivals".

This.
Eric Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:16 AM   #5
esiotrot
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjokc
Only people who are insecure about their favorite player. In other words Lebron, Kobe or Melo fans.

I'm a Lebron fan, but I'm not overly unrealistic.

I think you're looking for Lebron, Kobe or Melo stans.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:18 AM   #6
Hoopz2332
National High School Star

Hoopz2332 has not been impressing people

Quote:

lebron is so much better than Durant his "stans" shouldn't have to worry about Durant...Melo and Kobe stans are another story considering Durant is better than both of them
Hoopz2332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:19 AM   #7
mjokc
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by esiotrot
I'm a Lebron fan, but I'm not overly unrealistic.

I think you're looking for Lebron, Kobe or Melo stans.

Yeah sorry, that was a bad generalization on my part. I know there are dumb KD stans too.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:20 AM   #8
mjokc
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopz2332
lebron is so much better than Durant his "stans" shouldn't have to worry about Durant...Melo and Kobe stans are another story considering Durant is better than both of them

I agree that Lebron is better, but that doesn't mean that Lebron stans aren't insecure if you DARE say that KD is better at something than Lebron.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:25 AM   #9
esiotrot
Banned

Quote:
Yeah sorry, that was a bad generalization on my part. I know there are dumb KD stans too.

The funny this is, in my six months of lurking, I've only seen one Durant stan (28renyoy/Joyner). And I haven't seen any Melo stans. They're usually just New York Knicks fans enthusiastic about their team.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:38 AM   #10
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Probably, but unfortunately most people are just stupid on here.

Durant goes to the line less than 1 more time than the likes of Kobe and Melo.

Durant shoots 9.4 free throws per game.

Kobe shoots 7.7 and Melo shoots 7.6

So everyone think about that for a second. That means that Durant, on average, draws a little less than 1 more shooting foul per game than comparable scorers. Harden goes to the line more often. Drawing fouls is part of being a great scorer.

Love him or hate him, I think anyone without a huge bias would at least admit he's really good a drawing fouls. So I don't think it's that unreasonable for a guy like Durant to go to the free throw line roughly 1 more time per game than some of the other elite scorers in the league.

I know, logic just sucks.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:44 AM   #11
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

maybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41

So everyone think about that for a second. That means that Durant, on average, draws a little less than 1 more shooting foul per game than comparable scorers. Harden goes to the line more often. Drawing fouls is part of being a great scorer.

Love him or hate him, I think anyone without a huge bias would at least admit he's really good a drawing fouls. So I don't think it's that unreasonable for a guy like Durant to go to the free throw line roughly 1 more time per game than some of the other elite scorers in the league.

Would rep. People are so ****ing stupid. Apparently Durant only scores like he does because of free throws, but Kobe and Melo, who only go to the line 1 time less and that's irrelevant. ISH is so ****ing retarded..
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:46 AM   #12
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

9.4 - 7.7 = 1.7
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:48 AM   #13
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
9.4 - 7.7 = 1.7

And you get two free throws per every trip to the line.

Hence roughly 1 more trip to the free throw line.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:54 AM   #14
mjokc
Local High School Star

Quote:
And you get two free throws per every trip to the line.

Hence roughly 1 more trip to the free throw line.

Old 04-08-2013, 05:05 AM   #15
maybeshewill13
**** u Thabo u ****

maybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected postermaybeshewill13 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
9.4 - 7.7 = 1.7
HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
maybeshewill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: