Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-08-2013, 04:26 AM   #16
chips93
Very good NBA starter

chips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Is John Wall now a top 5 PG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton
Check Wizard's defense after Wall came back, they became a top defensive team and actually started beating elite teams with their defense.

It's not about his blocks or highlights, it's about his impact on the court. The way the team itself plays defense with him engaged. If you actually watched the games you would know. Lately he has been concentrating more on offense and scoring, but overall he is a great defender.

I wouldn't say Kyrie is "terrible" defender either, he just gets lost or overpowered at times, which is more an experience, strength and age issue and the crappy overall Cavs defense doesn't help either

the wizards have been really good defensively all year though.
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:26 AM   #17
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wall is tearing it up. Don't jynx him LOL
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:34 AM   #18
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Since All-Star Break and in past month or two...

1) Westbrook
2) Wall
3) Paul
4) Deron
5) Parker

Honorable mentions: Lawson, Curry, Conley, Jeff Teague

Defensively Wall is one of the best and as far as breaking down the defense and finding teammates goes he is as good if not better than Westbrook. What doesn't show up on the statsheet is his dynamic presence, every time he is on the court the opposing team has trouble containing his drives, which leads to open shots for everyone. He has an impact on the court matched only by Westbrook/Rose.

Curry/Irving can get hot and win you a game on offense, but they are not anything special defensively or at controlling the flow of the game. Wall controls the pace and dominates if not gameplanned correctly.

Still butthurt he made Westbrook his son last time they played stay salty.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:42 AM   #19
HarryCallahan
Banned

HarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation hereHarryCallahan has an incredible reputation here

Not yet, but I he plays at this level through next season yes he will be.
HarryCallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:43 AM   #20
Graviton
Cavs fan since 1970

Graviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton[B

1) Westbrook
2) Wall
3) Paul
4) Deron
5) Parker

Defensively Wall is one of the best and as far as breaking down the defense and finding teammates goes he is as good if not better than Westbrook. What doesn't show up on the statsheet is his dynamic presence, every time he is on the court the opposing team has trouble containing his drives, which leads to open shots for everyone. He has an impact on the court matched only by Westbrook/Rose.

Curry/Irving can get hot and win you a game on offense, but they are not anything special defensively or at controlling the flow of the game. Wall controls the pace and dominates if not gameplanned correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
Still butthurt he made Westbrook his son last time they played stay salty.

I see your reading comprehension and IQ is still below terrible.

But yea, I am salty about Kyrie averaging 19/6/3 on 41% since All-Star break and shooting 12-51 in his last 3 while getting carried by his "scrub" teammates. Stay stupid my friend.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:48 AM   #21
Cali Syndicate
Good college starter

Cali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputation

Quote:

1) Westbrook
2) Wall
3) Paul
4) Deron
5) Parker

Since the all star break deron has upped his play big time. He's finally found a groove and has been playing right there where he should be. basically right there with Westbrook not fourth. Cp3 has been off and on, not sure how you seen him ahead of deron.

Parker has been missing games left and right since the all star and hasnt nearly been as strong as he was in the first half.

And curry has been phenomenal since the break. He's more than just an honorable mention. I know you hate the warriors but don't let that blind your judgement.

Wall is good though. Battled injuries earlier but is playing to his potential. Should easily be a top five pg. but as far as him leading the wizards to a winning record in comparison to Irving.....well wizards are overall a much better team.
Cali Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:28 AM   #22
Graviton
Cavs fan since 1970

Graviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
Since the all star break deron has upped his play big time. He's finally found a groove and has been playing right there where he should be. basically right there with Westbrook not fourth. Cp3 has been off and on, not sure how you seen him ahead of deron.

Parker has been missing games left and right since the all star and hasnt nearly been as strong as he was in the first half.

And curry has been phenomenal since the break. He's more than just an honorable mention. I know you hate the warriors but don't let that blind your judgement.

Wall is good though. Battled injuries earlier but is playing to his potential. Should easily be a top five pg. but as far as him leading the wizards to a winning record in comparison to Irving.....well wizards are overall a much better team.

Ninja I am from the Bay, I watch almost every Warrior game.

I just hate how soft they are and how little balls they show a lot of the time. And Curry outside of jacking up 3s does very little, people talk about Westbrook/Kobe jacking up stupid shots but Curry is up there too. Even when he makes them, how many fastbreak pull up 3s does he take on average? One day it will help the team, but next day he jacks up like 10 3s and only makes 3, he settles for jumpers too often. Watch them get owned in the playoffs with their playstyle, all those 3s won't be falling much.

Curry has been great, but I wouldn't put him on the "elite" tier with those other guys that bring more to the table, he is just below them in that 7-10 spot.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:50 AM   #23
entropy35
High School Starter

entropy35 is considered somewhat coolentropy35 is considered somewhat cool

Only ones better than wall this season are Parker, Paul, Westbrook and Curry (even though he isn't the greatest defender). So yes he is top 5.

If he continues his recent play (25/8/5 on 48%FG PER ~29) then i can see him challenge for that #1 spot.
entropy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:15 AM   #24
Greg Oden 50
Banned

Greg Oden 50 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryGreg Oden 50 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryGreg Oden 50 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
I see your reading comprehension and IQ is still below terrible.

But yea, I am salty about Kyrie averaging 19/6/3 on 41% since All-Star break and shooting 12-51 in his last 3 while getting carried by his "scrub" teammates. Stay stupid my friend.

he plays with injury,u moron
Greg Oden 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:21 AM   #25
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

CP3, Parker, Westbrook are clearly above the rest this season.

So his competition are
Curry
Irving
Rondo
DWill

I'd take Curry and Irving without a doubt, and probably Rondo and DWill before John Wall, so no.
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:23 AM   #26
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Rubio2Gasol has decent reputation

Yea he probably been the best the last couple of weeks...but that don't constitute an automatic top 5 place.
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:43 AM   #27
treadster
Good High School Starter

treadster has an OK reputation so far

yes, because he making those jumpshot while putting up a hell of amazing stats
treadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:52 AM   #28
raprap
Local High School Star

raprap is a pretty well-respected posterraprap is a pretty well-respected posterraprap is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by noob cake
GTFO with Wall defense. Block =! Defense.

Defense is about rotation. Not making memorable defensive plays.
raprap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:57 AM   #29
Jyap9675
True Point Guard

Jyap9675 has decent reputation

Wall's been beastin recently..
Jyap9675 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #30
Cali Syndicate
Good college starter

Cali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Ninja I am from the Bay, I watch almost every Warrior game.

I just hate how soft they are and how little balls they show a lot of the time. And Curry outside of jacking up 3s does very little, people talk about Westbrook/Kobe jacking up stupid shots but Curry is up there too. Even when he makes them, how many fastbreak pull up 3s does he take on average? One day it will help the team, but next day he jacks up like 10 3s and only makes 3, he settles for jumpers too often. Watch them get owned in the playoffs with their playstyle, all those 3s won't be falling much.

Curry has been great, but I wouldn't put him on the "elite" tier with those other guys that bring more to the table, he is just below them in that 7-10 spot.

Curry does jack threes but he's been converting them on a 45% clip since the all star break. And a transition 3 is not even a bad shot especially when taken from a shooter like curry. Warriors do take a lot of threes though and IMO don't have enough heart and leadership to be any type of elite team right now but that's not what I was talking about.

Strictly speaking since the break, curry has been better than Parker. For the season, I agree curry is more in the top ten than the top five.
Cali Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: