Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-23-2013, 10:03 PM   #1
Bladers
Banned

Bladers has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBladers has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBladers has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBladers has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBladers has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBladers has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBladers has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Legit Question: If there was a God. Would you worship it/him/her?

Looking for real and logical responses.
Bladers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:07 PM   #2
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Legit Question: If there was a God. Would you worship it/him/her?

Depends what he is like. If he is like Zeus and actively smites non-believers, then I would probably do it out of fear. If he was like the God I image in the Christian tradition, then I probably would even tho he wouldn't require it out of ego like it is currently taught.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:08 PM   #3
BuffaloBill
TG3II

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Here I am, now worship me.
BuffaloBill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:10 PM   #4
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If that is what he/she/it requires...yes
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:11 PM   #5
Batzman
Shit just got cereal

Batzman has an incredible reputation hereBatzman has an incredible reputation hereBatzman has an incredible reputation hereBatzman has an incredible reputation hereBatzman has an incredible reputation hereBatzman has an incredible reputation hereBatzman has an incredible reputation hereBatzman has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBill
Here I am, now worship me.
Damn. That was my line.
Batzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:13 PM   #6
BuffaloBill
TG3II

BuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBuffaloBill is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batzman
Damn. That was my line.

Good thing there is a such thing as polytheism. We can both be Gods. Fear us
BuffaloBill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:25 PM   #7
ace23

ace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputationace23 has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
If he was like the God I image in the Christian tradition, then I probably would even tho he wouldn't require it out of ego like it is currently taught.
What?
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:42 PM   #8
Bladers
Banned

Bladers has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBladers has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBladers has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBladers has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBladers has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBladers has one of the lowest reputations on this boardBladers has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Depends what he is like. If he is like Zeus and actively smites non-believers, then I would probably do it out of fear. If he was like the God I image in the Christian tradition, then I probably would even tho he wouldn't require it out of ego like it is currently taught.

I don't think ( the christian God at the very least) requires or demands worship as you stated. but idk if its what's being taught today though. maybe u should elaborate on that.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:44 PM   #9
iamgine

iamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cool

What if the god has another god above him? Just like how ants and fish view us.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:46 PM   #10
SpecialQue
NBA Superstar

SpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSpecialQue is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladers
I don't think ( the christian God at the very least) requires or demands worship as you stated. but idk if its what's being taught today though. maybe u should elaborate on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by God
If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

SpecialQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:48 PM   #11
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

If that's what I was commanded to do directly from the source. I wouldn't be convinced if it remained hidden, silent, and contacted only a select few humans who then relayed to me on some telephone game nonsense through written word or spoken testimonial that I must submit.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:56 PM   #12
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

For some reason, this reminded me of this crazy religious chick I knew in college. She was always pushing for me and my friends to either find God or get closer with him. One day she was talking about Heaven and Hell, and described them as this:

Heaven: You spend eternity worshiping God and serving him all the time.

Hell: People drink, do drugs, and have sex for eternity.

She was somehow angry and did not understand when I told her I would rather go to Hell than Heaven given the circumstances she laid out.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:01 PM   #13
Bladers
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecialQue
Old Testament vs New Testament.

Secondly. In the passage you are proving. God was not demanding or requiring the unbelievers to believe in him.

Its like for example someone you know wants you to commit treason against america. That doesn't mean america is making the rest of the world worship them. anyone can freely leave america to pledge their allegiance to other country if they want to. just as they could even back in the day.

But coming back to the country after doing so would be tricky to non allied and in good condition countries.

If you went to pakistan or most shady countries in the east and came back. you will be automatically be put on FBI watch and potential terror list and most definitely be getting a visit from the FBI questioning you on why u went to these countries.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:04 PM   #14
Bladers
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
For some reason, this reminded me of this crazy religious chick I knew in college. She was always pushing for me and my friends to either find God or get closer with him. One day she was talking about Heaven and Hell, and described them as this:

Heaven: You spend eternity worshiping God and serving him all the time.

Hell: People drink, do drugs, and have sex for eternity.

She was somehow angry and did not understand when I told her I would rather go to Hell than Heaven given the circumstances she laid out.

Well that's definitely not the case. I can assure you.
You don't spend eternity worshipping God and serving him all the time.
You spend eternity enjoying his company and his creation. that means touring all the universes..etc

Hell is basically you are with sinners yet in complete isolation while in torment and punishment.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:05 PM   #15
red1
Dinosaurs

red1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

if there was a god I would pray daily for him to smite your fggt ass
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: