Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Russell Westbrook: "When the game starts, the basketball is your only friend"

Let me tell you something else I've heard. I knew you were sharp, but this blew me away: Is it true you could've gone to Stanford for academics?
    Yeah, I was about to go to Stanford out of high school.

For basketball, too?
    No, for academics. Stanford didn't recruit me for basketball. In high school, I was honor roll, sixth or seventh in my class GPA-wise, a 3.90 overall, but I got 4.0s all the time. And I wanted to go to Stanford. I mean, I wanted to play basketball, but my parents would always say, 'Without school, you'll be stuck.' So I started paying more attention to school, and I played basketball along with it. But I was just getting noticed in basketball and I had to figure out what made sense in basketball, so I put a hold on school stuff. I wanted to go to Stanford, and my dean told me with my grades I was in good shape. But they didn't want me for basketball.

Default Re: Russell Westbrook: "When the game starts, the basketball is your only friend"

SmartBrook
    GeniusBrook
    PlayslikeanidiotbutisactuallysmartinreallifeBrook

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    SmartBrook
    GeniusBrook
    PlayslikeanidiotbutisactuallysmartinreallifeBrook
    once again goatbrook proving that he is the real most interesting man in the world

enigmabrook - lowest IQ player in the nba, decently intelligent in real life

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    once again goatbrook proving that he is the real most interesting man in the world

enigmabrook - lowest IQ player in the nba, decently intelligent in real life
    Chalmers is more interesting and more $wagful.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Chalmers is more interesting and more $wagful.

LMAO this picture kills me, chalmers wearing the heartbreaker t-shirt

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    Swagbrook has no time for emotional faggy shit like friendship. He is a predator when he is on the court. Sure they work together on the same team but all the same, goatbrook never loses sight of his primary goal of raping his enemies and instilling the fear of the goatbrook.
    Future rep

The ISH'ers Champion!

MOF tried f'cking Kobe's leg after playing horrible. Lost all my respect and support from that moment on.

[COLOR="White"]Just kidding...[/COLOR]

Very good NBA starter

He's apparently so friendly with the basketball that he made a jacket out of one

"Do you hope people will look back on your game and say the same thing, like, "That guy did not conform -- he did his thing."

I don't know, man. The position, everybody plays it different. Everybody has their own style. According to the media, I guess, there's a specific type of point guard. But I don't think that's necessarily true. I think, however you get it done, just get it done. That's it."

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    When did dressing like a bowl of skittles become fashionable?

He makes Waltz Frazier and Carl Sager seem like the epitome of understated elegance.

Westbrook

I usually hit open layups GOATbrook's Avatar

GOATbrook with GOAT mentality. Future GOAT and current best PG in league.

Lad

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    if this was the Heat, they'll replace "basketball" with "refs"

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BoutPractice

He makes Waltz Frazier and Carl Sager seem like the epitome of understated elegance.
    Ironic Avatar tho. baron davis the progenitor of the lenless frames

That's kind of the point

Anyway, good read. I am starting to appreciate Westbrook's mentality more and more, even if he really, really needs to learn to slow down at times.