Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-01-2013, 10:01 PM   #1
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Default Bleak Playoff picture

Utah owns the tie breaker and plays 5 of their final 8 games at home including against bad teams like TWolves twice and HOrnets.
If Dallas gets by road games vs the Lakers and Nuggets, they will have an easy sched vs bad teams like Hornets twice, Suns etc.
Lakers face face good teams like Dallas, Memphis, Clippers, Spurs and Houston and again needs to have a better record than the Jazz to advance.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:04 AM   #2
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Bleak Playoff picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Utah owns the tie breaker and plays 5 of their final 8 games at home including against bad teams like TWolves twice and HOrnets.
If Dallas gets by road games vs the Lakers and Nuggets, they will have an easy sched vs bad teams like Hornets twice, Suns etc.
Lakers face face good teams like Dallas, Memphis, Clippers, Spurs and Houston and again needs to have a better record than the Jazz to advance.

meh if you think logically ...they are not making playoffs....can they beat memphis/clippers/spurs??? lo heck no

even if they somehow make the playoffs....is their defense any good? heck no

can they make any kind of noise when they are give 110-120 pts on regular basis to turrible teams??? heck no

D'Toni ran Kobe/Nash into dust and both are banged up pretty bad...Pau is not 100% & neither is Dwight....

reality sucks but....they messed around too much at the start of the season....

after an yr watching nash ...I think it was a bad bad signing...not only we have him 2 more yrs after this but we gave away 2 1st round picks...out of which 1 could be lottery

part of the blame goes on Jackbe too....he single handidly is responsible for the Wizs/Bucks loss...he need to understand he has players who are really really good players around him ...in nash/dwight/pau...
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:59 AM   #3
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
meh if you think logically ...they are not making playoffs....can they beat memphis/clippers/spurs??? lo heck no

even if they somehow make the playoffs....is their defense any good? heck no

can they make any kind of noise when they are give 110-120 pts on regular basis to turrible teams??? heck no

D'Toni ran Kobe/Nash into dust and both are banged up pretty bad...Pau is not 100% & neither is Dwight....

reality sucks but....they messed around too much at the start of the season....

after an yr watching nash ...I think it was a bad bad signing...not only we have him 2 more yrs after this but we gave away 2 1st round picks...out of which 1 could be lottery

part of the blame goes on Jackbe too....he single handidly is responsible for the Wizs/Bucks loss...he need to understand he has players who are really really good players around him ...in nash/dwight/pau...

I agree except, I'm not going to lay any blame on Kobe despite the fact he has blown a few games for us. The only reason we have a shot IS Kobe.
He is by far the least of our problems.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 03:32 AM   #4
Delta_Hoop
I hit open 5-footers

It looks kinda bleak, and the Jazz are great at home yes, but they still have to face the Nuggets (Lawson is out but they're still a solid team anyway), Warriors, Thunder and Grizzlies. Those could be four losses for them right there, with them finishing 42-40.

Meanwhile, despite their tough schedule, the Lakers have most of their remaining games at home, and if the Lakers could finish around 5-3, I think that would get them into the playoffs with a 43-39 record (as long as Dallas doesn't catch up...)

Really it all depends on the Lakers. If they can finish 5-3 or even better like 6-2 or something, that would be great. But you never know with this team, they could easily go 2-6 and blow it completely. I'm just hoping for the best.
Delta_Hoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:12 AM   #5
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
I agree except, I'm not going to lay any blame on Kobe despite the fact he has blown a few games for us. The only reason we have a shot IS Kobe.
He is by far the least of our problems.
It kinda balances things out esp when Kobe also almost singlehandedly lead the team to victories like the Hawks, raptors and many other games. Its just disappointing tho that he had those bad games in the crucial stretch.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:16 AM   #6
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta_Hoop
It looks kinda bleak, and the Jazz are great at home yes, but they still have to face the Nuggets (Lawson is out but they're still a solid team anyway), Warriors, Thunder and Grizzlies. Those could be four losses for them right there, with them finishing 42-40.

Meanwhile, despite their tough schedule, the Lakers have most of their remaining games at home, and if the Lakers could finish around 5-3, I think that would get them into the playoffs with a 43-39 record (as long as Dallas doesn't catch up...)

Really it all depends on the Lakers. If they can finish 5-3 or even better like 6-2 or something, that would be great. But you never know with this team, they could easily go 2-6 and blow it completely. I'm just hoping for the best.
all depends on the Lakers? You forgot about Dallas. These teams have to lose games too.
better than 5-3? I hope you are right. Pls note that Kobe guaranteed that they are making the playoffs.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:00 AM   #7
Delta_Hoop
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
all depends on the Lakers? You forgot about Dallas. These teams have to lose games too.
better than 5-3? I hope you are right. Pls note that Kobe guaranteed that they are making the playoffs.

Yeah the other teams have to lose, but what I meant was that if the Lakers win their games, they're fine. Utah will most likely lose 3-4 games, if the Lakers take care of business and do better than that, then they'll pass Utah, Dallas won't catch them and the playoff spot is theirs.
Delta_Hoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:56 PM   #8
L.A. Jazz
enjoy '13,hope for '14

After watching this season so far, i think making the playoffs is no good for our Lakers. it will only help to hide some obvious flaws. this team right now has no chance contending. Making the playoffs means nothing. Even if the win one round. it's the Lakers and not the Kings. Only the ring counts. and this team will not beat the better teams in the NBA, not now in one game and for sure not in a playoff series.
L.A. Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:14 PM   #9
bladefd
Good college starter

Here's the deal.. Lakers gotta win tonight. If we win tonight then I think Mavs pretty much fall out of the picture unless if they win out and Lakers just completely blow it.

That leaves Utah. That one will be tough. They are playing very well right now. I'm losing optimism for the Lakers..
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:52 PM   #10
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
Here's the deal.. Lakers gotta win tonight. If we win tonight then I think Mavs pretty much fall out of the picture unless if they win out and Lakers just completely blow it.

That leaves Utah. That one will be tough. They are playing very well right now. I'm losing optimism for the Lakers..

What is very hard to swallow is that Utah's lineup is so much more inferior than the Lakers. You put the players/position side by side and the Lakers have the edge.
And Yes I know DK, coaching was the problem.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:08 AM   #11
DKLaker

Quote:
What is very hard to swallow is that Utah's lineup is so much more inferior than the Lakers. You put the players/position side by side and the Lakers have the edge.
And Yes I know DK, coaching was the problem.

Yeah, I think everyone sees it now. I can only pray that they'll bite the bullet and fire 'Antoni because his way is NEVER going to work in the NBA....why waste more seasons over money? It will cost the team more to keep missing the playoffs or go out in the 1st round.

BTW, where is Lakerfreak?????
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: