Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-31-2013, 11:42 AM   #16
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Andre Iguodala opting out of contract

Iggy can come to Atlanta, 4 years, $48 million, he can take the roster spots of Devin Harris, Johan Petro, and Jordan Farmar's bought out contract.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:59 PM   #17
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

NugzFan is considered somewhat coolNugzFan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekindled
would you do Deng+Butler+Rip for Iggy+gallo

Ugh no

Do these teams have cap space? Chicago? Indy? Boston? Sounds like people are just naming teams where iggy would be "a good fit" whether or not it's realistic. Obviously he would fit well on many teams. Doesn't mean it can happen.
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:01 PM   #18
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
Iggy can come to Atlanta, 4 years, $48 million, he can take the roster spots of Devin Harris, Johan Petro, and Jordan Farmar's bought out contract.

I'd be shocked if Denver didn't offer thatmuch or if iggy chose Atlanta over
Denver.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:35 PM   #19
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If the Nuggets can bring him back and save some money, allowing them to grab an outside shooter or two, they should do that. Iggy can also handle the ball, and Andre Miller isn't getting any younger.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:38 PM   #20
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I would be surprised if he decided to leave Denver or if Denver decided to let him go.
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:51 PM   #21
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
If the Nuggets can bring him back and save some money, allowing them to grab an outside shooter or two, they should do that. Iggy can also handle the ball, and Andre Miller isn't getting any younger.

I think that's the goal. He won't get a contract averaging 16 mill but maybe long term security for less per year could work. Maybe 11-12 per?
Old 03-31-2013, 03:59 PM   #22
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugzFan
I think that's the goal. He won't get a contract averaging 16 mill but maybe long term security for less per year could work. Maybe 11-12 per?

Yeah I'm think along the lines of what KG just got, 3 years 36 million.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:50 PM   #23
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by (e)
Don't see why not. He could opt out and resign a long term deal...then get traded. I'm sure the Nuggs would rather have this happen than to have him opt out and walk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJR
Denver has his bird rights so the option of a sign and trade is there.

Thanks for the responses...I ask because I'd jump on it if I were Golden State...let them have Klay Thompson...or Harrison Barnes.

5 years for $60 seems fair.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:55 PM   #24
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Denver will sign him then trade him a month later ala Nene.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:57 PM   #25
Kurosawa0
NBA rookie of the year

Kurosawa0 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
Thanks for the responses...I ask because I'd jump on it if I were Golden State...let them have Klay Thompson...or Harrison Barnes.

Teams are holding onto those rookie contracts like gold. With the new tax coming in, 1st rounders are going to be much more valuable.
Kurosawa0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:07 PM   #26
kurple
Very good NBA starter

kurple has a near all-star reputation herekurple has a near all-star reputation herekurple has a near all-star reputation herekurple has a near all-star reputation herekurple has a near all-star reputation herekurple has a near all-star reputation here

good news

12 a year is reasonable. hopefully not 5 years
kurple is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:15 PM   #27
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115

"let us"?
Old 03-31-2013, 06:16 PM   #28
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugzFan
"let us"?

Well, lol, this is if he decided he didn't wanna re-sign...then you guys could do a S&T to get back something.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:35 PM   #29
midatlantic09
Local High School Star

midatlantic09 is a pretty well-respected postermidatlantic09 is a pretty well-respected postermidatlantic09 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan

Are you kidding me? Iggy is not worth $12 million a year at age 29. A reasonable contract for him would be something like 4 yrs/$35 million. The guy will be 30 pretty soon and is on the decline and you don't pay $12 million a year to a guy who averages like 13, 5, and 5 on 44-45% shooting. I won't be surprised if Iggy is down to like 10, 4, 4 by the time he's like 32.

Last edited by midatlantic09 : 03-31-2013 at 06:42 PM.
midatlantic09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:06 PM   #30
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by midatlantic09
Are you kidding me? Iggy is not worth $12 million a year at age 29. A reasonable contract for him would be something like 4 yrs/$35 million. The guy will be 30 pretty soon and is on the decline and you don't pay $12 million a year to a guy who averages like 13, 5, and 5 on 44-45% shooting. I won't be surprised if Iggy is down to like 10, 4, 4 by the time he's like 32.

Uhh, ok.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: