Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-31-2013, 10:05 AM   #1
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Kobe Bryant hints at next season being his last...

Link

Quote:
的値l talk to my family and stuff and really see if I want to continue to sacrifice as much as I知 sacrificing right now. I知 putting my body through a lot to just try to get ready to play every single night. To do what I知 doing right now, it痴 not easy. I値l tell you, it痴 taken a lot of commitment.

Is your sense that next season will be your last?

鄭s I sit here right now, yeah.

Is there anything the Lakers can say that would make it more likely you played beyond next season?

哲o, Bryant told NBA.com. 的t痴 my decision. It痴 really about what I want to do, if I want to train and be psychotic with my training. That痴 what it comes down to. It痴 really how I知 feeling physically.

I could see it IF his injuries continue and the Lakers fail to make a title run next year.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:11 AM   #2
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Kobe Bryant hints at next season being his last...

Very sad news.

There is no doubting that he's the best ever.
9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:12 AM   #3
raprap
Local High School Star

raprap is a pretty well-respected posterraprap is a pretty well-respected posterraprap is a pretty well-respected poster

raprap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:15 AM   #4
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

The_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected posterThe_Yearning is a pretty well-respected poster

AKA he wants more help. Old man Nash and mentally weak D-Ho isn't going to cut it.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:23 AM   #5
9erempiree
27 yrs of watching NBA

9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board9erempiree has one of the lowest reputations on this board

In a league with fake stars and manufactured superstars....Kobe can still prove why he's the best ever.

9erempiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:24 AM   #6
EllEffEll
Local High School Star

EllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this boardEllEffEll is popular on this board

Of course, it tastes like *S* to say it, but the only title I see the Lakers winning this season is that of "GOAT Underachieving Team in NBA History"

The dog days of an extremely (to use Kobe's favorite adverb) disappointing season is likely to produce statements like that, but in Kobe's case, he may feel that he's ready for his farewell tour 6 months from now too.
EllEffEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:35 AM   #7
bmulls
Great college starter

bmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation herebmulls has a near all-star reputation here

I doubt he retires. He's still playing at a very high level. Right now he's feeling run down, the season is almost over, he's had nagging injuries all season and by all measures the Lakers have been a disappointment. Right now he needs a break.

But you know come August and September after he's been sitting at home for a few months he'll be dying to get back out there.
bmulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:38 AM   #8
Solid Snake
Local High School Star

Solid Snake is starting to rub some people the wrong waySolid Snake is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I can guarantee everyone the life of my unborn child that he will NOT retire next year.

This is the equivalent of a poster on message boards who's popular, active, but not necessarily the most liked person, who at one point randomly decides they need to make a post announcing their intentions to "retire from the forums."

All of us are internet nerds right? How many times have we seen this on message boards? Those people NEVER stick to their word. So what Kobe's doing is the equivalent of a poster who got so butthurt either over a single event, or an accumulation of events - the wear and tear of longterm butthurtedness, that they "lash out," essentially saying, "I'm sick of you haters. I'll show you. I'll fake announce my retirement, see how much you miss me then."

With that said, I sure as hope he doesn't retire. He's the one of the few longterm legends that's still playing from the 90s and his departure merely serves as a reminder of my own mortality.
Solid Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:46 AM   #9
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

If he's still competing at a high level than it would be crazy for him to retire after next season especially if the Lakers get him some real help. They're still in a position to be contending next season. They just have to make a few moves. Re-sign Dwight Howard, find someone who will take Gasol. They have some young guys on the team that can step up. Howard/Kobe/Nash is a good trio to still build around. Get rid of Gasol and MWP and get some youth in that lineup. Keep Jamison as the 6th man.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:01 AM   #10
Knoe Itawl
Bringer of Light

Knoe Itawl has not been impressing people

One can only hope.........
Knoe Itawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:07 AM   #11
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Attention whore. He's not retiring, he's manipulating.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:19 AM   #12
jongib369
Decent college freshman

jongib369 has an incredible reputation herejongib369 has an incredible reputation herejongib369 has an incredible reputation herejongib369 has an incredible reputation herejongib369 has an incredible reputation herejongib369 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9erempiree
Very sad news.

There is no doubting that he's the best ever.
"No doubting"

jongib369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:26 AM   #13
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

I think it will come down too what team lakers form.
I doubt he wants to play in losing teams.. then again forming winning teams around him at age 36 will be extremly hard.
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:33 AM   #14
tazb
HoFx3+1

tazb posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrytazb posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrytazb posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Yearning
AKA he wants more help. Old man Nash and mentally weak D-Ho isn't going to cut it.

This.
tazb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:34 AM   #15
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputationHeavincent has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
One can only hope.........

I know it's been a very long 17 years for Kobe haters. 17 years of being wrong all the time

"He'll never live up to the hype coming out of high school"
"He'll never win without Shaq"
"He's old and done"

Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: