Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2013, 02:31 PM   #1
selrahc
Local High School Star
 
selrahc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,533
selrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this boardselrahc has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default How To Beat The Miami Heat

Last nights game showed how anyone can beat the Miami Heat. Foul hard on Miami's fast break attempts. This strategy alone can make it very hard for Miami to win for two reasons:

1. Miami scores a significant amount of their points off fast break points. By fouling them on their fast breaks, either on the ground before they can get to the rim or in the act of shooting so that they have to earn the basket instead of getting an easy dunk or layup, one of their biggest strengths will be taken away.

2. LeBron is too mentally fragile to keep his head in the game when other things are bothering him. This was obvious last night when he committed the flagrant foul on Carlos Boozer. His team was only down by 7 points or so with like 3 or 4 minutes left in the fourth quarter, and he goes and commits and idiotic foul instead of trying to rally his team to victory. There was a lot riding on that game last night, they were going for the best win streak in the history of the NBA. Lebron should have been focused and tried to win at all cost, but instead anybody who was watching could clearly see he was affected by the hard fouls and was letting it get to his head.

This should be the strategy of all teams playing the Miami Heat. They should have one or two of their players get back early so that they can tackle Lebron or Wade anytime they start a fast break.
selrahc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:36 PM   #2
Hoiids
Decent playground baller
 
Hoiids's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: South Beach
Posts: 388
Hoiids has not been impressing people
Default Re: How To Beat The Miami Heat

He made a statement with his hit on Boozer not just about last nights game, rather that he hasn't gotten call all year and he is fed up about it. Lebron needs to get clubbed upside the head for the refs to call a foul, hopefully they will start calling it his way.

I'm glad he did this now, and instead of actually meaningful games in the playoffs. Just setting himself up to get more calls.
Pretty smart imo
Hoiids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:44 PM   #3
Dragonyeuw
Local High School Star
 
Dragonyeuw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,840
Dragonyeuw is considered somewhat coolDragonyeuw is considered somewhat coolDragonyeuw is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: How To Beat The Miami Heat

I think Wade's comment about him being treated like Shaq is a valid analogy. The two of them were/are so physically superior and create tons of contact themselves on their moves, that they can effectively power their way through regular fouls and you practically have to tackle them like what Henrich did to actually draw the attention of the refs. You hit Lebron on the arm and it barely interrupts his shooting movement around the basket, that's why he gets so many and-1's.
Dragonyeuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:54 PM   #4
lebeast666
I Do This
 
lebeast666's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,322
lebeast666 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: How To Beat The Miami Heat

Oh so it took 28 tries to figure out how to stop Miami. Alright. Miami's gotta go 82-0 then? Of course they are beatable, but its not as easy as it seems. Especially in the playoffs in a 7 game series.
lebeast666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:57 PM   #5
arifgokcen
DON'T FEED THE TROLL
 
arifgokcen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,041
arifgokcen has decent reputation
Default Re: How To Beat The Miami Heat

And so it begins
arifgokcen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:00 PM   #6
Big Cheese
I hit open 5-footers
 
Big Cheese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 285
Big Cheese is considered somewhat coolBig Cheese is considered somewhat coolBig Cheese is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: How To Beat The Miami Heat

so play tough defense and stop them from getting highlight dunks and alley oops in transition

ground breaking discovery
Big Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:09 PM   #7
r15mohd
Local High School Star
 
r15mohd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,588
r15mohd has decent reputation
Default Re: How To Beat The Miami Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahc
Last nights game showed how anyone can beat the Miami Heat. Foul hard on Miami's fast break attempts. This strategy alone can make it very hard for Miami to win for two reasons:

1. Miami scores a significant amount of their points off fast break points. By fouling them on their fast breaks, either on the ground before they can get to the rim or in the act of shooting so that they have to earn the basket instead of getting an easy dunk or layup, one of their biggest strengths will be taken away.

2. LeBron is too mentally fragile to keep his head in the game when other things are bothering him. This was obvious last night when he committed the flagrant foul on Carlos Boozer. His team was only down by 7 points or so with like 3 or 4 minutes left in the fourth quarter, and he goes and commits and idiotic foul instead of trying to rally his team to victory. There was a lot riding on that game last night, they were going for the best win streak in the history of the NBA. Lebron should have been focused and tried to win at all cost, but instead anybody who was watching could clearly see he was affected by the hard fouls and was letting it get to his head.

This should be the strategy of all teams playing the Miami Heat. They should have one or two of their players get back early so that they can tackle Lebron or Wade anytime they start a fast break.

Yes, the Bulls were so impactful on Lebron that it caused him to only go for 32 Pts, 7 Reb, 3 Ast, 2 Stl, 4 Blk on 11-17 FG

It wasn't Lebron who cost them the game genius. Bad defensive match-up on Deng was more a factor plus not enough rebounding presence.
r15mohd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:09 PM   #8
3peated
Good High School Starter
 
3peated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 902
3peated has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: How To Beat The Miami Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoiids
He made a statement with his hit on Boozer not just about last nights game, rather that he hasn't gotten call all year and he is fed up about it. Lebron needs to get clubbed upside the head for the refs to call a foul, hopefully they will start calling it his way.

I'm glad he did this now, and instead of actually meaningful games in the playoffs. Just setting himself up to get more calls.
Pretty smart imo



can someone get me some FT numbers for lebron this season, and how many fouls he's committed this year, TY.
3peated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:11 PM   #9
SilkkTheShocker
RAY ALLEN FOR 3..BANG!
 
SilkkTheShocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 13,753
SilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this boardSilkkTheShocker has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: How To Beat The Miami Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebeast666
Oh so it took 28 tries to figure out how to stop Miami. Alright. Miami's gotta go 82-0 then? Of course they are beatable, but its not as easy as it seems. Especially in the playoffs in a 7 game series.


LMAO this
SilkkTheShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:12 PM   #10
Hoopz2332
Decent college freshman
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,748
Hoopz2332 is considered somewhat coolHoopz2332 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: How To Beat The Miami Heat

Is this what heat haters have come to? desperate attempts at reaching
Hoopz2332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:15 PM   #11
nathanjizzle
Banned
 
nathanjizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,174
nathanjizzle is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: How To Beat The Miami Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopz2332
Is this what heat haters have come to? desperate attempts at reaching

reaching for what, they got there ass handed to them but 2nd string players
nathanjizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:15 PM   #12
Breezy
Great young streetballer
 
Breezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 569
Breezy has not been impressing people
Default Re: How To Beat The Miami Heat

How to beat the Heat:
Step 1 - Score more points.
Step 2 - post game shower
step 3 - ???????
Step 4 - Profit!
Breezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:19 PM   #13
nathanjizzle
Banned
 
nathanjizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 8,174
nathanjizzle is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: How To Beat The Miami Heat

how to beat the heat- make lebron cry to stern like a bitch. rip the ball from bosh like hes a little bitch, and let wade handle the ball that washed up loser.
nathanjizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:20 PM   #14
Micku
NBA lottery pick
 
Micku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,973
Micku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMicku is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: How To Beat The Miami Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebeast666
Oh so it took 28 tries to figure out how to stop Miami. Alright. Miami's gotta go 82-0 then? Of course they are beatable, but its not as easy as it seems. Especially in the playoffs in a 7 game series.

lol, exactly. After 28 tries, someone finally beat the Heat. And it was still a close game. The Bulls outrebounded them, which gave them more chances to score.
Micku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:21 PM   #15
Hoopz2332
Decent college freshman
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,748
Hoopz2332 is considered somewhat coolHoopz2332 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: How To Beat The Miami Heat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
reaching for what, they got there ass handed to them but 2nd string players


Reaching because

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebeast666
Oh so it took 28 tries to figure out how to stop Miami. Alright. Miami's gotta go 82-0 then? Of course they are beatable, but its not as easy as it seems. Especially in the playoffs in a 7 game series.

Hoopz2332 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:48 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy