Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-28-2013, 12:05 PM   #1
CavaliersFTW
3-time NBA All-Star

CavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Need a few opinions on the Elgin mix:

*spoiler alert* - don't watch if you'd rather wait for the final:

Here's what could approximate as the first 5 minutes of the mix:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vsg8wQmoCg

Is the 4 and a half minutes of "dramatic music" before the 300 violins beat too slow of a pickup? The final mix I estimate to be about 14-16 minutes so the first few minutes (a typical persons attention span) IMO needs to reel in the audience. ISH, give me your thoughts, comments, questions and concerns
CavaliersFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:39 PM   #2
CavaliersFTW
3-time NBA All-Star

CavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCavaliersFTW is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Need a few opinions on the Elgin mix:

No one has an opinion?
Old 03-28-2013, 02:40 PM   #3
Hoiids
Decent playground baller

Hoiids has not been impressing people

No one cares about you
Hoiids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:43 PM   #4
CavaliersFTW
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoiids
No one cares about you
I think it's more that everyone's pre-occupied with how a shorthanded Bulls bench played simple old school defense and Lebron couldn't handle it and choked like his old 2011 self
Old 03-28-2013, 02:54 PM   #5
fpliii
sick of agendas...

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'd offer my opinion, but I don't want to spoil the mix for myself.

If nobody else responds soon-ish, I'll give it an early look.
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:02 PM   #6
KobesFinger
Laker Gang

KobesFinger has a terrific reputationKobesFinger has a terrific reputationKobesFinger has a terrific reputationKobesFinger has a terrific reputationKobesFinger has a terrific reputation

I like it, there's a nice variety of his game there. That being said, have you got any defensive plays? I also think it may be a bit much for the "nope, LeBron is GOAT" kids, and I didn't like the slowing effect. That was my only dislike of the video. Also, is there a way to make the black and white clips brighter? Good job though
KobesFinger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:10 PM   #7
jlip
Good college starter

jlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW

Is the 4 and a half minutes of "dramatic music" before the 300 violins beat too slow of a pickup? The final mix I estimate to be about 14-16 minutes so the first few minutes (a typical persons attention span) IMO needs to reel in the audience. ISH, give me your thoughts, comments, questions and concerns

I may not be one who can provide a satisfactory reply for you, because, honestly, when I watch b-ball highlights I don't tend to pay much attention to the music anyways, unless the song is something that really stands out. The music here had no effect on whether I would continue to watch the rest of the video or not. BTW...Great vid!
jlip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:24 PM   #8
CavaliersFTW
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobesFinger
I like it, there's a nice variety of his game there. That being said, have you got any defensive plays? I also think it may be a bit much for the "nope, LeBron is GOAT" kids, and I didn't like the slowing effect. That was my only dislike of the video. Also, is there a way to make the black and white clips brighter? Good job though
Yes I have a few defensive plays that will be in the mix - remember this is only the first 5 minute of ~15 minutes of footage - but I can put a few more in the early parts of the mix

The slow-down effect - do you mean the effect I used for some of his layups early in the mix? Would you prefer to see less of it, or absolutely none of it? I think it looked cool on some clips but maybe I over did it

Yes I can make the b/w clips brighter
Old 03-28-2013, 03:43 PM   #9
KobesFinger
Laker Gang

KobesFinger has a terrific reputationKobesFinger has a terrific reputationKobesFinger has a terrific reputationKobesFinger has a terrific reputationKobesFinger has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Yes I have a few defensive plays that will be in the mix - remember this is only the first 5 minute of ~15 minutes of footage - but I can put a few more in the early parts of the mix

The slow-down effect - do you mean the effect I used for some of his layups early in the mix? Would you prefer to see less of it, or absolutely none of it? I think it looked cool on some clips but maybe I over did it

Yes I can make the b/w clips brighter

Yeah that, it draws attention to the finish but takes attention away from his first step. I'd rather see less of it, say when he does an acrobatic lay up or a finish in traffic.
KobesFinger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:49 PM   #10
CavaliersFTW
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobesFinger
Yeah that, it draws attention to the finish but takes attention away from his first step. I'd rather see less of it, say when he does an acrobatic lay up or a finish in traffic.
Okay I'll go through and make some adjustments - thanks for the input
Old 03-28-2013, 06:58 PM   #11
Overdrive
Local High School Star

Overdrive is considered somewhat coolOverdrive is considered somewhat cool

Might give it a shot tomorrow if you got no music by then. Too late today. Can't wait for this mix. One of my favs from the days before I witnessed the league myself.
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:49 PM   #12
Psileas
NBA lottery pick

Psileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

I haven't watched the video yet, but as long as it's not rap, it's a good start for me...
Psileas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:16 AM   #13
senelcoolidge
Great college starter

senelcoolidge is starting to rub some people the wrong waysenelcoolidge is starting to rub some people the wrong way

It's actually very good as it is. Will you move on to the 70's players at some point?
senelcoolidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:28 AM   #14
Horatio33
Winning>Stats

Horatio33 has an OK reputation so far

Get rid of the music and the slo mo effects, takes away from the video.
Horatio33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:19 AM   #15
CavaliersFTW
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horatio33
Get rid of the music and the slo mo effects, takes away from the video.
If you've watched any of my YT mixes before you'd know that isn't going to happen

I reduced the use of slow motion though
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: