Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-28-2013, 11:58 AM   #1
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!

Levity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation here
Default Regarding the 1st pick in this years draft...

Is there a consensus first pick at this point, or should it finally be based on team needs?

With Nerlens Noel's ACL tear, is he still the everyones number 1 pick? If the suns, who are obviously tanking, end up with the first pick, I can see them still taking Noel due to the defensive presence he could bring to their front court, not to mention how great their medical staff is.

But say a team like Orlando lucks into the first pick, do they go with the number one consensus pick at the time of the draft, or do you think they should fill a need instead?

Pretty much every year the draft has a player who everyone agrees should go number one. From what ive read regarding this draft, that choice is not as obvious. So will we see the team with the first pick draft someone based on what their team actually needs?
Levity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:01 PM   #2
chips93
Very good NBA starter

chips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterchips93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Regarding the 1st pick in this years draft...

still no consensus number 1, and i cant remember the last time, this late in a season, where there wasnt a consensus

it will probably be based on team need, either noel or ben mclemore
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:04 PM   #3
Fudge
No fufu shit

Fudge has a terrific reputationFudge has a terrific reputationFudge has a terrific reputationFudge has a terrific reputationFudge has a terrific reputationFudge has a terrific reputation

It's still gonna be Noel I think, even if the team with the 1st pick doesn't need a big. He's a game changer on the defensive end already, yet he's still pretty raw. Can't say the same about B-Mac, Shabazz, Smart. Plus, he's like 2 years younger than a lot of projected lottery picks in the draft. Dudes still 18.
Fudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:08 PM   #4
Dave3
NBA lottery pick

Dave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDave3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levity
Is there a consensus first pick at this point, or should it finally be based on team needs?

With Nerlens Noel's ACL tear, is he still the everyones number 1 pick? If the suns, who are obviously tanking, end up with the first pick, I can see them still taking Noel due to the defensive presence he could bring to their front court, not to mention how great their medical staff is.

But say a team like Orlando lucks into the first pick, do they go with the number one consensus pick at the time of the draft, or do you think they should fill a need instead?

Pretty much every year the draft has a player who everyone agrees should go number one. From what ive read regarding this draft, that choice is not as obvious. So will we see the team with the first pick draft someone based on what their team actually needs?
Was there a consensus first pick in 2006? I don't really remember Bargnani being that hyped as the for sure 1st pick.
Dave3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:17 PM   #5
b0bab0i
National High School Star

b0bab0i is a pretty well-respected posterb0bab0i is a pretty well-respected posterb0bab0i is a pretty well-respected poster

Nerlens Noel might return to UK?
b0bab0i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:23 PM   #6
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandremiller07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0bab0i
Nerlens Noel might return to UK?
His brother said he was entering the draft didn't he?
http://www.sbnation.com/college-bask...cky-basketball
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:47 PM   #7
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Either McLemore or Noel
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:19 PM   #8
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Drafting based on need is the worst thing to do in the NBA draft. Drafting on need is what caused Sam Bowie to go ahead of Michael Jordan.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:35 PM   #9
senelcoolidge
College star

senelcoolidge has not been impressing people

I have a feeling that the #1 pick in this coming draft will not be the best player in his class..maybe not even top 3 in their draft class.
senelcoolidge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:36 PM   #10
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Should be MCW
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: