Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-28-2013, 10:22 AM   #31
dh144498
ripthekik is my hero!

dh144498 is considered somewhat cooldh144498 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Who's better, Lebron or Kobe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebeast666
fixed. nice try though

nope.

all hail godbe.
dh144498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:45 AM   #32
Ne 1
College superstar

Ne 1 is a pretty well-respected posterNe 1 is a pretty well-respected posterNe 1 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artillery
Lebron only needs to win one more ring with a Finals MVP to be better than Kobe. They'd be tied at two a piece then. Sidekick rings don't factor into this comparison unless you want to compare Lebron to Shaq(the guy owns three of Kobe's rings).
Well How many rings do you credit Magic with?
Ne 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:14 AM   #33
tazb
HoFx3+1

tazb posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrytazb posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrytazb posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by coin24
Lord godbe. Better at all aspects of the game, especially clutch moments. Not to mention better looking and better dressed.. That mamba we are not worthy

He's literally not better than LeBron in one aspect of the game let alone all. The only thing the rapist has on the king is he's a better free-throw shooter.
tazb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:21 AM   #34
Kingwillball
3-time NBA All-Star

Kingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Is this thread a joke ? Lebron is better than kobe ever was right now and will go down as the better player all time when its said and done.
Kingwillball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:24 AM   #35
AussieG
High School Starter

AussieG has an OK reputation so far

LeBron for years and years. Kobe before LeBron entered the league or maybe during his rookie year.

Kobe is better at those last second clutch fadeaway three's though.
AussieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:24 AM   #36
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazb

He's literally not better than LeBron in one aspect of the game let alone all. The only thing the rapist has on the king is he's a better free-throw shooter.

Better post play
Better Footwork
Better fade away jumper
Better Mid Range Game
Better Slasher
Better Lock Down Defense
Better Clutch player
More Killer Instinct
Better work Ethic

Just to name a few.

As far as LeBron...

Stronger
Better Dunker
Better Passer
Better teammate (He is not a d*ck like Kobe)
Better Help Defender/Roamer
More Athletic

Now...just waiting for the boo birds and same typical people with the same typical responses.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:27 AM   #37
tazb
HoFx3+1

tazb posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrytazb posts stuff that is definitely making some people angrytazb posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
Better post play
Better Footwork
Better fade away jumper
Better Mid Range Game
Better Slasher
Better Lock Down Defense
Better Clutch player
More Killer Instinct
Better work Ethic

Just to name a few.

As far as LeBron...

Stronger
Better Dunker
Better Passer
More Athletic

Now...just waiting for the boo birds and same typical people with the same typical responses.

LeBron still improving in 3/4 of the things you said.
tazb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:29 AM   #38
dh144498
ripthekik is my hero!

dh144498 is considered somewhat cooldh144498 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Lebron stan logic - future possibilities = NOW.
dh144498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:29 AM   #39
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

True

That is why I always say to talk about this things are premature.
But facts are facts at the time being. And if you compare the two it's still Kobe.

It's better to measure Magic vs. Bird to say or Wilt vs. Russel. Careers are over we can see their whole body of work.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:30 AM   #40
RRR3
Ryūja no Mai

RRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Better post play
Better Footwork
Better fade away jumper
Better Mid Range Game
Better Slasher
Better Lock Down Defense
Better Clutch player
More Killer Instinct
Better work Ethic

Just to name a few.

As far as LeBron...

Stronger
Better Dunker
Better Passer
More Athletic

RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:34 AM   #41
lebeast666
I Do This

lebeast666 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
True

That is why I always say to talk about this things are premature.
But facts are facts at the time being. And if you compare the two it's still Kobe.

It's better to measure Magic vs. Bird to say or Wilt vs. Russel. Careers are over we can see their whole body of work.

ya Kobes got more achievements, only thing that puts him on top. but everything else LeBron >>>

and if LeBron were to get another ring and fmvp this year. Not even a discussion anymore.
lebeast666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:57 AM   #42
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Better post play
Better Footwork
Better fade away jumper
Better Mid Range Game
Better Slasher
Better Lock Down Defense
Better Clutch player
More Killer Instinct
Better work Ethic

Just to name a few.

As far as LeBron...

Stronger
Better Dunker
Better Passer
More Athletic

I would say Bron is the better overall defender while Kobe is the better help defender in his prime(his off ball defense is not where it used to be). Kobe was also an elite man defender for a few years but I don't think he did it both areas long enough to rate over Bron's defensive impact.

Bron is the better roamer defender in transition and can track down blocks from behind.

I would also say Bron is the better slasher;

finally in terms of clutchness I honestly don't think much separates them.Yes Bron had some mental flaws which lead to playoff failures but I think Kobe has had his share of flaws that attributed to his own failures.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:04 PM   #43
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputationMMM has a terrific reputation

BTW i used to be one of those people who used to downplay Kobe's rings with Shaq and while I still think guys like AI, Pierce, T-Mac might of also won rings I don't think they would have been able to duplicate the dominance of the Shaq/Kobe era. Any reasonable basketball poster would have to come to terms with just how valuable Kobe was to those teams.

As for Bron, his resume is not complete yet and still has 4-5 years left i his prime. So, if he is able to add a few more rings to his stash i think his resume has the potential to surpass Kobe's.

Also what separates these 2 elite stars for me is i prefer the way LeBron plays the game and to some degree that might make the difference if their accomplishments are similar.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:13 PM   #44
pauk
NBA Legend

pauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation herepauk has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy
I feel that this is a DRAMATICALLY under discussed comparison, PARTICULARLY here on this message board where everyone's interests are so diverse. Part of the problem is that very few people are big enough fans of these two to insert the player where they otherwise don't belong.

I just wished some of you had the balls to bring up the hard hitting and original comparison's like me here with my Lebron and Kobe thread. You losers are stuck on the same old trendy BS like "Was Cliff Robinsons 1988 NIT all tournament team selection merited?"

It's hard to decide between these two players either way you go.. OP is a ******

No, for a true basketball fan its extremly easy...

1. Different players/games, but Lebron is a better overall individual player, does more on the court, is more impactful, more productive, more dominant, better peak...
2. Kobe had a better career / more accolades, as in ranked higher on the all-time list, played many more years afterall....
3. Lebron is on pace to end up with a better career than Kobe though....

Its as simple as that...

Last edited by pauk : 03-28-2013 at 12:16 PM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:16 PM   #45
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebeast666
ya Kobes got more achievements, only thing that puts him on top. but everything else LeBron >>>

and if LeBron were to get another ring and fmvp this year. Not even a discussion anymore.

Still up for debate even after that.
I say if LeBron get two more titles playing at his current rate then the case is closed. But let's say he loses another one this year. Or maybe does not make it. Then Kobe's case get's stronger.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: