Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2013, 12:48 PM   #16
kshutts1
Great college starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,570
Default Re: Potential Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
What are some potential deals that could either make us better or younger with the potential to grow whether it be financially or actually better on the court?

Some of my ideas:

Carlos Boozer for Marshon Brooks and Kris Humphries

Carlos Boozer for Monta Ellis

Carlos Boozer and Luol Deng for Spencer Hawes, Evan Turner, Thaddeous Young and Jason Richardson

Luol Deng for Harrison Barnes and Richard Jefferson

First two -- those teams won't take on Boozer's contract

76ers -- If they keep Bynum that would be a pretty sick team in Philly. That deal has some potential. Not a fan of it from the Bulls point of view, though. Young is an offensive downgrade from Booze, JRich is an offensive downgrade from Deng. Only real positive is the additional 3p shooting Rich and Hawes provide.

Warriors -- They would laugh you off the phone.
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:48 PM   #17
kshutts1
Great college starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,570
Default Re: Potential Deals

Posted this in a separate thread and had pretty much no feedback:

I would like to see one of two trades happen:

1) Boozer and our pick (not Charlotte's) for Ilyasova and sign-and-trade Redick.

Reason -- Bulls get shooting (obviously), along with a high IQ player in Redick and a versatile stretch 3/4 to open the court up more for Rose to drive and kick or finish. Bucks give up some nice pieces, but gain an additional pick plus a 18/12 threat in Boozer. Lastly, for the Bucks, Ilyasova has a 5 year contract, Boozer's is only 3 years. Granted, Carlos is due a lot more money, but still getting out of a contract sooner is not a bad thing.

2) http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=o5payvw
I don't envision all of these contracts (Hayes and Jimmer can stay) needing to come back to the Bulls. Once the season is over, and players come off the books, Sac should have more cap space.

Reason -- Bulls get shooting/scoring from Thornton, and a potential top 3 player in the league (in a couple years) in Cousins. Thibs, and the Bulls strong core, can keep Cousins in line (if anyone can, that is), while Sac gets rid of some headaches/contracts while getting two professionals back. And neither professional is a scrub, either. Both can ball. If necessary, I'd throw in either our first or the Charlotte pick to get Cousins. To make this even more of a perfect world (putting this in "reasons" because it would be too perfect) would be the Bulls getting a sign-and-traded Evans included.
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:28 PM   #18
ljsbb27
Local High School Star
 
ljsbb27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,185
Default Re: Potential Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshutts1
First two -- those teams won't take on Boozer's contract

76ers -- If they keep Bynum that would be a pretty sick team in Philly. That deal has some potential. Not a fan of it from the Bulls point of view, though. Young is an offensive downgrade from Booze, JRich is an offensive downgrade from Deng. Only real positive is the additional 3p shooting Rich and Hawes provide.

Warriors -- They would laugh you off the phone.

Nets have a billionaire owner who took on Joe Johnson's contract which is even worse than Boozer's contract. Boozer also had chemistry with DWill and would help Lopez with rebounding which he struggles with.

Hawes would give us a quality back up center. Young is younger, more athletic and can play outstanding defense especially being coached by Thibs. He doesn't have the range Boozer has but he is extremely efficient. JRich is a veteran who could still play and provides outside shooting. Turner can provide an additional ball handler and playmaker.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:31 PM   #19
ljsbb27
Local High School Star
 
ljsbb27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,185
Default Re: Potential Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshutts1
Posted this in a separate thread and had pretty much no feedback:

I would like to see one of two trades happen:

1) Boozer and our pick (not Charlotte's) for Ilyasova and sign-and-trade Redick.

Reason -- Bulls get shooting (obviously), along with a high IQ player in Redick and a versatile stretch 3/4 to open the court up more for Rose to drive and kick or finish. Bucks give up some nice pieces, but gain an additional pick plus a 18/12 threat in Boozer. Lastly, for the Bucks, Ilyasova has a 5 year contract, Boozer's is only 3 years. Granted, Carlos is due a lot more money, but still getting out of a contract sooner is not a bad thing.

2) http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=o5payvw
I don't envision all of these contracts (Hayes and Jimmer can stay) needing to come back to the Bulls. Once the season is over, and players come off the books, Sac should have more cap space.

Reason -- Bulls get shooting/scoring from Thornton, and a potential top 3 player in the league (in a couple years) in Cousins. Thibs, and the Bulls strong core, can keep Cousins in line (if anyone can, that is), while Sac gets rid of some headaches/contracts while getting two professionals back. And neither professional is a scrub, either. Both can ball. If necessary, I'd throw in either our first or the Charlotte pick to get Cousins. To make this even more of a perfect world (putting this in "reasons" because it would be too perfect) would be the Bulls getting a sign-and-traded Evans included.

I'd welcome the Bucks trade as Ilyasova is a very skilled big who has the exact skill set we need in a big to fit the style of play of our other players.
Reddick is a player the Bulls wanted to bring in and for good reason. Plays well off the ball and is a deadly shooter which we surely need.

Don't see the Kings trade being realistic.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:36 PM   #20
ljsbb27
Local High School Star
 
ljsbb27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,185
Default Re: Potential Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosBoozer
deng isn't good enough, need more.

Adding the Charlotte pick get it done? Would you do it then?
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:18 AM   #21
kshutts1
Great college starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,570
Default Re: Potential Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
Nets have a billionaire owner who took on Joe Johnson's contract which is even worse than Boozer's contract. Boozer also had chemistry with DWill and would help Lopez with rebounding which he struggles with.

Hawes would give us a quality back up center. Young is younger, more athletic and can play outstanding defense especially being coached by Thibs. He doesn't have the range Boozer has but he is extremely efficient. JRich is a veteran who could still play and provides outside shooting. Turner can provide an additional ball handler and playmaker.

Kinda exactly. They already have JJs contract. And DWill. I don't see it happening. For the sake of getting rid of Boozer's contract it's a solid deal, especially since I really like Marshon's game. I just don't see it happening.

And I don't see my Kings deal being super realistic either. It is very unclear how SAC feels about Cousins. They could want to move the headcase, and if they do, I think the trade I proposed is sufficient value. Obviously adding Evans is unrealistic, as I stated in my post.
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:28 AM   #22
kshutts1
Great college starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,570
Default Re: Potential Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
Adding the Charlotte pick get it done? Would you do it then?
I assume he was referencing the GSW trade. If that's the case, then adding the Charlotte pick should not be good enough. Deng is an all-star, sure, but Barnes is arguably a better fit, and his potential is greater than Deng's current level. The draft is so hit-or-miss that I would never trade a promising player that I just drafted (struck gold in the draft) for another possible-maybe pick.

That being said, I'm not the GM of GSW, so.... who knows what they really think.
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:44 AM   #23
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!
 
poido123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 12,563
Default Re: Potential Deals

Would be funny to see the Marshon Brooks trade happen, I remember when we were considering him in the draft.
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:38 PM   #24
ljsbb27
Local High School Star
 
ljsbb27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,185
Default Re: Potential Deals

Reading some rumors that the Bulls are thinking about possibly trading Taj Gibson to the Suns for Jared Dudley.

Maybe we make a move to grab Thomas Robinson from the Rockets since they are looking to unload him to get some extra cap space? I think we have a trade exception...
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:17 AM   #25
kshutts1
Great college starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,570
Default Re: Potential Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
Reading some rumors that the Bulls are thinking about possibly trading Taj Gibson to the Suns for Jared Dudley.

Maybe we make a move to grab Thomas Robinson from the Rockets since they are looking to unload him to get some extra cap space? I think we have a trade exception...

That trade would leave me bittersweet. I love Gibson, but I believe that trade would improve our team. Gibson's too good to play only 20 mins a game, and he makes Booze expendable. But we'd have to find someone to take his contract first. I like Dudley's D and his 3p shooting. Rather see the Bulls bring back Dud and either of the Morris twins, though.
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:37 PM   #26
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH
 
Crystallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,405
Default Re: Potential Deals

We're keeping the Cats pick and Mirotic's rights. Those assets are way too valuable to a luxury-tax team. Unless you want the Bulls t add one star now, and then lose a ton of depth after a few failed seasons once we hit another round of cap-hell, not win anything because of the moves, and just be excited to add a new player(like Knicks fans get).
Impatient trades always make the team worse *exception Boston 2007, which had a set of variables that wont happen in todays NBA landscape, nor is it wise to use that method.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #27
kshutts1
Great college starter
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,570
Default Re: Potential Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
We're keeping the Cats pick and Mirotic's rights. Those assets are way too valuable to a luxury-tax team. Unless you want the Bulls t add one star now, and then lose a ton of depth after a few failed seasons once we hit another round of cap-hell, not win anything because of the moves, and just be excited to add a new player(like Knicks fans get).
Impatient trades always make the team worse *exception Boston 2007, which had a set of variables that wont happen in todays NBA landscape, nor is it wise to use that method.

The assets are incredibly important, but I'd rather have a bonafide star than an asset.

I'm not talking Deron Williams, Joe Johnson kinda star.. I'm talking top 15 player in the league star.
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:07 PM   #28
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH
 
Crystallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,405
Default Re: Potential Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshutts1
The assets are incredibly important, but I'd rather have a bonafide star than an asset.

I'm not talking Deron Williams, Joe Johnson kinda star.. I'm talking top 15 player in the league star.


I would rather aim for long term success and win championships. In order to do that with this current CBA, you need cap relief that returns with future talent-investments, and these two assets give us that.

What top-15 player would actually get traded for these two assets anyways? Nobody that would make us good enough to win a championship. I know a few delusional fans think Kevin Love is possible, but if we were being realistic, the best we can do is a cap dump, and trading cap-saving assets then becomes highly counteractive.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:09 PM   #29
ljsbb27
Local High School Star
 
ljsbb27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,185
Default Re: Potential Deals

I agree that they are valuable assets, but they are just that assets and they are unknown. If we can turn assets into a proven star than they were used wisely.
I'll admit that there's risk involved, but there's risk associated with holding onto the assets as well as using them to get a star.

Boozer and Deng if not moved will come off the books soon and will give us some financial flexibility. I could see Deng returning at a discounted rate, but he won't take a huge pay cut if some team throws a lot of money at him just to remain a Bull.

Mirotic could end up being a bust. The player we draft with the Charlotte pick could end up being a bust.

Or if we trade those assets for a proven star then maybe it doesn't work out with him in Chicago. Who knows?

Personally though if it means Kevin Love i'd be willing to give up those assets.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:10 PM   #30
ljsbb27
Local High School Star
 
ljsbb27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,185
Default Re: Potential Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshutts1
That trade would leave me bittersweet. I love Gibson, but I believe that trade would improve our team. Gibson's too good to play only 20 mins a game, and he makes Booze expendable. But we'd have to find someone to take his contract first. I like Dudley's D and his 3p shooting. Rather see the Bulls bring back Dud and either of the Morris twins, though.

I read it would be Dudley and Shannon Brown for Taj...
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:28 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy