Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-21-2013, 02:37 PM   #16
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

ripthekik has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: *Warning..self righteous tome inside* "I may not agree with what you say...

I have no problem with you deleting threads, that is, if they are entirely off-topic. However deleting it based on their username is not something I agree with. If the thread would stand, if it was posted by someone else, and you delete it because you dislike the OP, then I see something very wrong with that.

I feel that's when you crossed the line between moderating, and abusing your powers.

If the thread is off-topic, or in some form doesn't deserve to be here, then delete it, there will be no complaints. However when you delete a thread, silence a poster, while there are other threads on the front page that are more deserving of closing, it is denying someone the freedom of speech.

Basically, personal feelings and what is technically deletable should be separated.
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:39 PM   #17
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board
Default Re: *Warning..self righteous tome inside* "I may not agree with what you say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripthekik
I have no problem with you deleting threads, that is, if they are entirely off-topic. However deleting it based on their username is not something I agree with. If the thread would stand, if it was posted by someone else, and you delete it because you dislike the OP, then I see something very wrong with that.

I feel that's when you crossed the line between moderating, and abusing your powers.

If the thread is off-topic, or in some form doesn't deserve to be here, then delete it, there will be no complaints. However when you delete a thread, silence a poster, while there are other threads on the front page that are more deserving of closing, it is denying someone the freedom of speech.

Basically, personal feelings and what is technically deletable should be separated.
You are a cancer to this forum and contribute noting
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:43 PM   #18
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickingStar
You are a cancer to this forum and contribute noting
lebron fan.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:12 PM   #19
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It has nothing to do with dislike. MAny of you have so destroyed your reputations that a topic you make is sure to end in foolishness. Like Euroleague. EVERY topic he makes is awful...because hes been a joke for years and cant speak without anthony parkers statue being posted.

Has nothing to do with what he says. Its who he is now. Many of you are reaching that point...and you did it to yourself.

We dont hate any of you personally. I dont at least. And you accuse people of say...loving Lebron...and I can see the deleted topics....just as many pro Lebron as anti. A topic on Lebron becoming second greatest ever was deleted today by someone you seem to think only deletes anti Lebron topics. But of course you dont notice because you only make anti lebron topics. They get deleted because they are or will be awful....then you get upset like you were wronged.

We dont care about yu personally. But you make topics that are a lock to be a mix of 2 year old gifs, tired repeated points, and emoticons.

You can not stand on your points anymore because you have been making the same ones for too long in too many topics.

Thats on you. People like RMWG jus get rid of the topics before they grow. Yours and the other side. But both sides get emotional as if anyone has it out for them.

Its just...bad topic removal. Yes your bad topics go first...thats because we dont need to read your topics to know what its about and how its gonna go. Its always the same.

And you made it that way.

You personally...I dont care about. I think I remember agreeing with something we were talking about in off court....but you one topic types just....breed bad topics.

Not our fault.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:18 PM   #20
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
It has nothing to do with dislike. MAny of you have so destroyed your reputations that a topic you make is sure to end in foolishness. Like Euroleague. EVERY topic he makes is awful...because hes been a joke for years and cant speak without anthony parkers statue being posted.

Has nothing to do with what he says. Its who he is now. Many of you are reaching that point...and you did it to yourself.

We dont hate any of you personally. I dont at least. And you accuse people of say...loving Lebron...and I can see the deleted topics....just as many pro Lebron as anti. A topic on Lebron becoming second greatest ever was deleted today by someone you seem to think only deletes anti Lebron topics. But of course you dont notice because you only make anti lebron topics. They get deleted because they are or will be awful....then you get upset like you were wronged.

We dont care about yu personally. But you make topics that are a lock to be a mix of 2 year old gifs, tired repeated points, and emoticons.

You can not stand on your points anymore because you have been making the same ones for too long in too many topics.

Thats on you. People like RMWG jus get rid of the topics before they grow. Yours and the other side. But both sides get emotional as if anyone has it out for them.

Its just...bad topic removal. Yes your bad topics go first...thats because we dont need to read your topics to know what its about and how its gonna go. Its always the same.

And you made it that way.

You personally...I dont care about. I think I remember agreeing with something we were talking about in off court....but you one topic types just....breed bad topics.

Not our fault.
good post.

the thing is, the other day my thread went 5+ pages, and it was all good. Lebron fans and non-fans were all posting in civilized manner in there. So you are wrong about all my threads going wrong, and you are wrong to not give me the benefit of the doubt. That's the only problem I have with mods. It's perfectly fine to delete a derailed thread. But not giving someone the benefit of the doubt is NEVER right. Just like in law.. even if it's a 10 times repeated offender.. still innocent until proven guilty for his current accused crime. Crossing that line, you're just using your emotions.

I think the off-court thing you are talking about is about gun-control.. i might be wrong.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:16 PM   #21
DatAsh
Local High School Star

DatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation hereDatAsh has an incredible reputation here

Worst defender in the league is a title that I'd be willing to bet almost no one is qualified to give.

What annoys me is posters who so consistently defend certain players - or attack others - that I can 99% of the time guess the exact content of their post, based on nothing but their username, the thread title, and the post that came before theirs. It's not as if this is a small group either, there's probably 10-15+ of these guys for Kobe, and for 5-10 for Lebron and Jordan each.
DatAsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:29 AM   #22
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Far as benefit of the doubt goes...

At this point its hard to justify. Doesnt make you a bad person...but its obvious what you have to say. Just to make a point...the first 10 topics I appear in when I do a search for my posts:

Rondo
Some topic on my random thoughs
Kemba Walker
Rasheed Wallace
2012 playoff predictions
THe differences in ball handling from my childhood to now
Battlestar galactica...
Ed Reed
Elvin Hayes

10 totally different subjects.

Same for you?

7 of the 10 are about Lebron(hating) or Wade(praising) and of the 3 that arent...one mentions if hes gonna keep passing up big shots, and 2 are off court forum topics. On the next page...7 Lebron topics...a topic you made claiming some "lebron stans" tried to hack your account..a Lebron fan made topic telling you to "Eat Shit F@g" and a topic Jeff deleted(I know that because I cant see whats in it...I can read topics deleted by mods).

So 17 of 20 random topics involving you are directly related to Lebron hate....or deleted by Jeff. Which of course doesnt count the many others deleted. If it were just all you made in the NBA forum including deletes...its probably 90-95 out of 100.

When something is the same 95% of the time what logic is there in assuming it wont be next time?

As I said...I dont generally delete topics. I lock them...and its obvious that it was me. But really...nothing worthwhle comes from 20 Lebron hating topics and the few that do remain are usually by someone we dont already know only talks about that one issue.

People not generally obsessed with the subject make hating topics that dont get deleted because they get...benefit of the doubt.

Far as why praising topics last longer.....as I said earlier...always a lot more positive to say about an all time great than negative. A topic of over the top Lebron praise is simply more likely to be true/reasonable than over the top hate. So its less likely to be deleted.

It really is nothing personal.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:00 AM   #23
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Quote:

Worst defender in the league is a title that I'd be willing to bet almost no one is qualified to give.

I agree. So many people have to come up and they usually dont play all that much to verify it...and if they do they arent guarding anyone likely to light them up.

If legit superstars...I guess Nash was the worst of this era. I saw the Warriors just...run a train on him once. He couldnt hide...they would find him. It almost looked personal. But having thought about it...would Clippers Cassell do any better? Old Donyell Marshall? Nah.

I really am amazed that guys like Lebron, Melo, and Kobe have ever been mentioned in those talks. Someone always acts like Kobe is just playing awful defense the last few years....what he does is coast...but if only for the obvious ability when he does try hes out of any reasonable discussion of even the worst guards.

GUys like Peja ive seen hated on for defense...then watched them lock down on a star for a few key posessions.

More often than not when someone implies a star is some truly god awful defender its just hate blinding them. Nash was from time to time. But he never needed hiding any more than a number of guys with more physical tools than he had.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:09 AM   #24
STATUTORY
Bear Chested Da Brawn

STATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputation

Quote:
Far as benefit of the doubt goes...

At this point its hard to justify. Doesnt make you a bad person...but its obvious what you have to say. Just to make a point...the first 10 topics I appear in when I do a search for my posts:

Rondo
Some topic on my random thoughs
Kemba Walker
Rasheed Wallace
2012 playoff predictions
THe differences in ball handling from my childhood to now
Battlestar galactica...
Ed Reed
Elvin Hayes

10 totally different subjects.

Same for you?

7 of the 10 are about Lebron(hating) or Wade(praising) and of the 3 that arent...one mentions if hes gonna keep passing up big shots, and 2 are off court forum topics. On the next page...7 Lebron topics...a topic you made claiming some "lebron stans" tried to hack your account..a Lebron fan made topic telling you to "Eat Shit F@g" and a topic Jeff deleted(I know that because I cant see whats in it...I can read topics deleted by mods).

first of all you can search threads?

then secondly, who are you to determine what's "interesting" threads about lebron constantly get good number of responses so they are obviously "interesting" to the audience of this forum. Your threads on topics like Rondo, Kemba, Ed Reed, Hayes, etc probably struggle to get more than 10 responses. So how are they interesting? to you perhaps but not to the general readers of this forum.

Let the free market decide value of threads and vote via replies. No more despotism.
STATUTORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:30 AM   #25
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Not my topics. Just topics I appeared in.

And number of replies being higher for something idiotic than reasonable is no reason for everything to be idiotic. Im sure more people would go see an idiot who promised to do backflips across the interstate than a scientist explain a new kind of radiation. Thats the nature of humans.

Besides we have thousands of people here on a regular basis....a topic can get 200 replies with the same group of 10 opposing fanatics arguing with eachother. The 400 people online a day not involved is more telling.

There are literally 50 reply topics that are 4 people arguing the same points they argued the day before. You may not see many because someone deletes them...but they happen. And the same people drive replies in slightly less idiotic topics on the same subjects.

I get more people complaining about those topics than there are people in them. But the people in them will stay and argue for 9 hours and make it appear active. It really isnt. Its 6-7 people of 6-7 thousand who wont move on with their day.

Might be 30 posts in an hour...10 actual replies...8 of just emoticons and 2-3 words....a gang of gifs...and people asking why such and such isnt banned yet. That isnt a topic going well. Its just...existing. And more people than you might believe will bug one of us about it.

Last edited by Kblaze8855 : 03-22-2013 at 08:44 AM.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:53 AM   #26
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here

cant believe im posting the first TL;DR
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:20 AM   #27
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
We dont hate any of you personally.
No, no, I hate. It's been six years. The ones that complain to Jeff don't realize that at this point I'd rather lose mod status than stop being rude. That, and no one cares what they think. My offensiveness is intentional and fueled by meanness of spirit. These trolls don't realize that none of us would be mods if they weren't such terrible human beings. Their diarrhitic posting of the same stupid shit over and over makes what we do necessary or else this forum would be unbearable. No mod on this forum came to this forum because they wanted to be a mod. I didn't ask for the position and I'm pretty sure that's normally the case. We have a dumbass in this very topic asking you:
Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUTORY
who are you to determine what's "interesting"
He's the mod you ****ing moron. You don't even know what "despotism" is, but I do wish you lived in a country like Iran where you were being oppressed, because then at least you wouldn't be posting on this message board.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:29 AM   #28
STATUTORY
Bear Chested Da Brawn

STATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputationSTATUTORY has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
No, no, I hate. It's been six years. The ones that complain to Jeff don't realize that at this point I'd rather lose mod status than stop being rude. That, and no one cares what they think. My offensiveness is intentional and fueled by meanness of spirit. These trolls don't realize that none of us would be mods if they weren't such terrible human beings. Their diarrhitic posting of the same stupid shit over and over makes what we do necessary or else this forum would be unbearable. No mod on this forum came to this forum because they wanted to be a mod. I didn't ask for the position and I'm pretty sure that's normally the case. We have a dumbass in this very topic asking you:He's the mod you ****ing moron. You don't even know what "despotism" is, but I do wish you lived in a country like Iran where you were being oppressed, because then at least you wouldn't be posting on this message board.

come the fuq down bruv, u sound seriously incensed.

it's a shame you been on this forum for 6 years and you don't even get what this place is about.
STATUTORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:30 AM   #29
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUTORY
it's a shame you been on this forum for 6 years and you don't even get what this place is about.
Your dumbass trolling? I hope not.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:05 AM   #30
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
Why can't we sticky one kobe/lebron super thread and merge all these nonsense topics into it? That way people who want to can still talk about them but they won't be spamming the forums.

Because we as mods can't merge threads.. I would merge alot of threads if I could.

Threads that I personally delete are for these reasons

A troll thread
Agenda based
Made just to wind people up which starts insults
Topics that are done to death

I lock topics when there are other threads on the same subject..

I don't have anything against people here but get annoyed by idiot trolls who post for the simple fact to get under people's skin and cause trouble.. It has nothing to do with liking the player a said troll seems to think

Last edited by All Net : 03-22-2013 at 11:12 AM.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: