Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-21-2013, 05:26 PM   #46
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Just2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this board
Default Re: What to buy an Asian couple for a wedding gift?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
no, it's practical. it helps them pay off wedding expenses and start off their new lives not in debt. wtf would we want a bunch of junk we most likely already have anyways?
Asians do shit right for real. My friend who's Korean, got married last year and one family bought a house, the other bought a car and furnished it top to bottom.

Man that is what I call a wedding gift. F*ck a honeymoon, a car and a house>>>>>>>
Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:00 PM   #47
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

daily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just2McFly
Asians do shit right for real. My friend who's Korean, got married last year and one family bought a house, the other bought a car and furnished it top to bottom.

Man that is what I call a wedding gift. F*ck a honeymoon, a car and a house>>>>>>>

How do you furnish a car?

The answers in this thread have me cracking up. Sitting here in the office laughing
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:01 PM   #48
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Just2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by daily
How do you furnish a car?

The answers in this thread have me cracking up.
omg what i am even typing?
Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:03 PM   #49
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

daily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdaily is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
omg what i am even typing?

Maybe it was a motorhome??
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:31 PM   #50
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:

because that's asking too much
Also, I don't even know where one is.

L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:48 PM   #51
SyRyanYang
Decent college freshman

SyRyanYang is starting to rub some people the wrong waySyRyanYang is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Asia is huge and has lots of countries and they are all different, not that anyone cares.
SyRyanYang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:54 PM   #52
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyRyanYang
Asia is huge and has lots of countries and they are all different, not that anyone cares.
Korean.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:06 PM   #53
CarlosBoozer
"Boozer"

CarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

CarlosBoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:13 PM   #54
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Giver her nothing. It's just a work mate.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:30 PM   #55
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

@ the rice cooker comment. Name me an asian who didn't get one the moment they moved away from the household?

I'm filipino, my wifey is filipina. Our weddings aren't any different from any traditional wedding. Except for maybe the fact we play alot of line dance music like the Electric Slide and the Bird Dance

But as for the present, it is customary to give cash. The only gifts I got were from the non-asians.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:48 PM   #56
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

Lol get them what any you would get any other American couple. They're just Asian, not aliens.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:53 PM   #57
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
Lol get them what any you would get any other American couple. They're just Asian, not aliens.
They are not Americanized Asians, I stated that already. They are very traditional. She doesn't drink or curse and I'm pretty sure he doesn't either. I've only met him once and he is real quiet.

I will give them some moneys.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:02 PM   #58
eriX
High School Starter

eriX has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Korean.

i know korean is heavy on traditions so something that represents good luck. Something small that they can put on shelves or what not. And if they are korean they dont really take red pockets, thats a chinese thing so... maybe a bracelet for them both?
eriX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:15 AM   #59
xfactor99
I hit open layups

xfactor99 has an OK reputation so far

Eh...I think if I was them I would be weirded out if a black guy got 'em Asian gifts. Either way it's hard to answer this question without knowing what he or she likes? Do you know? What does she like on Facebook. Something of interest here.

A safe choice is money or scotch/wine Koreans love the scotch.
xfactor99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:19 AM   #60
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: