Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-20-2013, 09:13 PM   #1
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Would the Heat be better off losing?

As ridiculously sick to watch as that was, it was the Heat expending a ridiculous amount of energy to beat Cleveland in a late march game. Do the Heat need this every night? WW3 against crappy teams? Wouldn't they be better off losing and just cruising till the end?

Just a thought.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:15 PM   #2
#number6ix#
WE INHERE LIKE ROGAINE

#number6ix# is a pretty well-respected poster#number6ix# is a pretty well-respected poster#number6ix# is a pretty well-respected poster#number6ix# is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Would the Heat be better off losing?

U play the game to win... I like the effort
#number6ix# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:15 PM   #3
b0bab0i
National High School Star

b0bab0i is a pretty well-respected posterb0bab0i is a pretty well-respected posterb0bab0i is a pretty well-respected poster

I agree. Pat Riley should tell them to rest up so they don't break his record of 33 wins on the 72 lakers team.
b0bab0i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:15 PM   #4
EnoughSaid
#COYG

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
As ridiculously sick to watch as that was, it was the Heat expending a ridiculous amount of energy to beat Cleveland in a late march game. Do the Heat need this every night? WW3 against crappy teams? Wouldn't they be better off losing and just cruising till the end?

Just a thought.

Miami used no energy whatsoever in the first half. They were playing at "warm up" speed. Just walking around, not trying. And why would they want to just let a game go instead of coming back like they did tonight? It's not like LeBron has had problems in the past carrying the load.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:16 PM   #5
DaSeba5
Heat|Dolphins|Marlins

DaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

There was no energy in the first half, so....

What kind of stupid team would want to lose a game when you have a chance at history? LeBron DID not want to lose to Cleveland in a blowout.

It's not like the Heat play on their A game for 48 minutes.
DaSeba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:18 PM   #6
b0bab0i
National High School Star

b0bab0i is a pretty well-respected posterb0bab0i is a pretty well-respected posterb0bab0i is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
Miami used no energy whatsoever in the first half. They were playing at "warm up" speed. Just walking around, not trying. And why would they want to just let a game go instead of coming back like they did tonight? It's not like LeBron has had problems in the past carrying the load.
Lebron's "elbow" injury in the 2010 playoffs. And lebron choking in the 2011 Finals?
b0bab0i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:18 PM   #7
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board

Quote:

Just a thought.
did you see the 1st half? shit was ugly no energy on defense/no driving to the basket it was horrible. They finally used the energy to climb back from that CRATER they digged up. But no you want to be hot going into the playoffs. Aren't you a Giants fan? You should know this
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:19 PM   #8
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Are all of you retarded? Let me simplify this. I don't think Miami should TRY to lose. I'm not asking you if they should try to lose. I'm asking if it would have been better if they did lose, and didn't need to have WW3, 10 more times in a row to break a record that while impressive means jack shit to what they are trying to accomplish.

It's a valid point.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:19 PM   #9
all_or_nothing
Can barely lace up my sneakers

all_or_nothing has an OK reputation so far

The Heat can realistically sweep the East in the playoffs, so why not?

Just 4-0 every team and get plenty of rest in between.
all_or_nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:19 PM   #10
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickingStar
did you see the 1st half? shit was ugly no energy on defense/no driving to the basket it was horrible. They finally used the energy to climb back from that CRATER they digged up. But no you want to be hot going into the playoffs. Aren't you a Giants fan? You should know this

It doesn't matter if the Heat are hot or not, and losing ONE game won't kill them. They are not running the table prior ot the playoffs, and i doubt the one loss kills their momentum.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:20 PM   #11
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Someone explain this ridiculous logic where Heat fans insist the Heat "weren't trying" or were just coasting during the first half? Do you realize the faulty logic in keeping a steady pace VS coming back from being down?

I'm sorry but that's stupid.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:20 PM   #12
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

They get every teams best shot win streak or not certainly when playing bad teams. They always want to win against miami..
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:20 PM   #13
BrickingStar
Banned

BrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this boardBrickingStar is popular on this board

Quote:
It doesn't matter if the Heat are hot or not, and losing ONE game won't kill them. They are not running the table prior ot the playoffs, and i doubt the one loss kills their momentum.
I doubt one more win does anything either.
BrickingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:20 PM   #14
DMV2
Keep on Rockin in...

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Having HCA in the Finals wouldn't hurt. Who knows they might need it against the Spurs.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:21 PM   #15
DaSeba5
Heat|Dolphins|Marlins

DaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Are all of you retarded? Let me simplify this. I don't think Miami should TRY to lose. I'm not asking you if they should try to lose. I'm asking if it would have been better if they did lose, and didn't need to have WW3, 10 more times in a row to break a record that while impressive means jack shit to what they are trying to accomplish.

It's a valid point.

The answer is no, especially to Cleveland. Can you imagine if we lost in a blowout to Cleveland? It would have been a media nightmare, and ISH would have 100 threads trashing LeBron and the Heat.

The Heat will be fine. There's enough games for them to rest, especially if the streak ends.
DaSeba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: