Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-17-2013, 07:16 PM   #16
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: is Miami Heat peaking too early?

Not at all. Just fine tuning. They've built a big enough lead that they can rest going into the postseason. and have top seed locked up (still may have to compete with the top of the West for top overall though).

And Yao going down that season, was one of the biggest tragedies in NBA history... that could've been a great team. Maybe a title team. About as big a travesty as what's going on with the NYK right now...
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:21 PM   #17
Anaximandro1
High School Varsity 6th Man

Anaximandro1 has an OK reputation so far

The Heat have been downright amazing.Can anyone beat them? I'd like to believe the Spurs but I can't.

OKC? highly doubtful

Lebron is a once-in-a-generation player surrounded by great players.They colluded to destroy the competition and we are now seeing the results.

It's over
Anaximandro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:21 PM   #18
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

imdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat coolimdaman99 is considered somewhat cool

i hope so, its the only chance us fans of other teams have
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:26 PM   #19
NBASTATMAN
NBA sixth man of the year

NBASTATMAN posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryNBASTATMAN posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryNBASTATMAN posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUTORY
I remember that year when the Rockets won 22 in a roll and were promptly eliminated early in the playoffs.

The longer this regular season win streak the more pressure it will be for the Heat to deliver. and players fortune and play ebb and flow througout the season, it seems like Heat is cashing in all their luck right now.

If I were them, I wouldn't tempt fate with this long win streak and tank a few game to take the edge off.

If I recall Houston was without Yao and then lost Rafer Alston going into the playoffs. They had problems in the playoffs without both Yao and Rafer.
NBASTATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:16 PM   #20
HiphopRelated
Local High School Star

HiphopRelated has decent reputation

They haven't peaked, Bron and Wade aren't clocking a consistent 40mpg yet
HiphopRelated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:37 AM   #21
TheBigVeto
Negging Me Is Gay

TheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Kobe Stan is so lost that he finds himself arguing that winning is a bad thing. Pathetic.

This. Stupid OP is a Kobetard who's scared the Heat will break the Lakers' record.
TheBigVeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:26 AM   #22
Hoopz2332
National High School Star

Hoopz2332 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Kobe Stan is so lost that he finds himself arguing that winning is a bad thing. Pathetic.

Hoopz2332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:29 AM   #23
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You can't peak too early in mid march..
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:31 AM   #24
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Don't forget the 1st two rounds of the playoff are going to be like warmup sessions. I'm sorry, but the Eastern Conference is borderline embarrassing this year. Besides the Heat, I could argue the top 10 teams in the NBA are all in the Western Conference.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:38 AM   #25
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Remember this thread?

Was it you who changed the title?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=288439
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:41 AM   #26
SacJB Shady
College superstar

SacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputation

You never want to peak too early. You want to struggle in the first round and then peak at the right time
SacJB Shady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:47 AM   #27
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Don't forget the 1st two rounds of the playoff are going to be like warmup sessions. I'm sorry, but the Eastern Conference is borderline embarrassing this year. Besides the Heat, I could argue the top 10 teams in the NBA are all in the Western Conference.

Injuries have clearly had a lot to do with that Ultimately. Outside of the top 8 in the East there's a big drop off (Maybe Toronto after the Gay trade, but...). But this should've been a big time bounce back year for the East. Philly without Bynum. Chicago without Rose. Boston without Rondo. Atlanta has suffered a lot of injuries including Williams for the year. Knicks, Indiana and Brooklyn with a lot of nagging injuries. I know they had to work Wade in slowly, but the Heat have been lucky in terms of injuries this year. Thunder too.

But in a playoffs seed for seed East vs West. I think there would be some pretty good matchups. I mean I could see Milwaukee being even a tough matchup for Houston or LA. Boston (even without Rondo) vs GS/Houston/LA...I'm not sure. Chicago vs GS? I may take Chicago, I would if they can get even something out of Rose.

Last edited by Y2Gezee : 03-18-2013 at 02:57 AM.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:50 AM   #28
SacJB Shady
College superstar

SacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputationSacJB Shady has a very bad reputation

Boston struggled in the first round when they won the championship. Miami struggled against Boston before they got hot. It's better to struggle early and peak late.
SacJB Shady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:51 AM   #29
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
Injuries have clearly had a lot to do with that Ultimately. Outside of the top 8 in the East there's a big drop off (Maybe Toronto after the Gay trade, but...). But this should've been a big time bounce back year for the East. Philly without Bynum. Chicago without Rose. Boston without Rondo. Atlanta has suffered a lot of injuries including Williams for the year. Knicks and Brooklyn with a lot of nagging injuries. I know they had to work Wade in slowly, but the Heat have been lucky in terms of injuries this year. Thunder too.
no, we still suck.
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:52 AM   #30
coin24
NBA sixth man of the year

coin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation here

If the Heat stay healthy they realistically should sweep there way through the East playoffs...
From the games ive seen lately they arent exactly exhausting themselves for these wins

Bulls 72-10 and 69-13 say hi...
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: