Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-17-2013, 02:40 PM   #16
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Who's better, Dwight Howard or Bill Russell?

Dwight Howard should be compared to Artis Gilmore.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:49 PM   #17
WillC
Local High School Star

WillC is considered somewhat coolWillC is considered somewhat coolWillC is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Dwight Howard should be compared to Artis Gilmore.

That's a very good comparison.

Both players had fantastic strength, athleticism, both lacked post moves but scored because of their size and strength, neither played with much heart, both were excellent defenders. Gilmore was taller but Dwight was more athletic.
WillC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:29 PM   #18
La Frescobaldi
I brick nerf balls

La Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation hereLa Frescobaldi has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii
In what world is this considered to be something remotely appropriate to say? Don't respond to my posts in the future, nobody is forcing you to read them.

I always like your posts. I don't always AGREE with them, but they are thought out.
Good thing about ISH is you got pretty much freedom of speech & freedom of expression.
Bad thing about ISH is, you got a lot of people that don't know how much blood and treasure went into those freedoms... so they take em for granted.
La Frescobaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:34 PM   #19
Nezty
Decent playground baller

Nezty is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I doubt anyone on here even watched Russell play.
Nezty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:10 PM   #20
HPye7
Can barely lace up my sneakers

HPye7 has an OK reputation so far

bill russell and i dont think its that close, i like the artis gilmore comparison
HPye7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:20 PM   #21
SyRyanYang
Decent college freshman

SyRyanYang is starting to rub some people the wrong waySyRyanYang is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Dwight is basically a poor man‘s Russell
SyRyanYang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:46 AM   #22
Gotterdammerung
God-killer

Gotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this board

This is a joke thread.

On the one hand you have one of the very greatest players ever to exist. On the other hand you got a overrated all-star who has zero IQ and heart.

Russell's shot-blocking is probably the best in the history of the game. His timing and quick-twitch muscles were amazing - he could keep his feet on the court until the ball left the scorer's hand before deflecting it. By deflecting the ball Russell kept it in bounds and redirected it towards his teammates to spur the vaunted Celtics fast break. That is how Russell turned layups into short-armed tear drops, and shot-put jumpers into mid range rainbow shots, and mid range jumpers into moon ball hail mary prayers.

A six-space rebounder, could jump vertically like Rodman, besides laterally and front/backwards. Plus Russell was much stronger than his size seemed to indicate. Had amazing hands, and Jordan-level thirst to win. His IQ was probably higher than anyone else, except for a very select few.

Howard? Good rebounder, a solid defensive helper, no question, as long the offensive set didn't sucker him into being out of position. He's never been able to slow down bigs who could turn, face & go.
Gotterdammerung is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: