Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-16-2013, 10:45 PM   #1
Cali Syndicate
well, well, well...

Cali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputation
Default Best core for a non-playoff team moving forward?

Core as in the top 3 or 4 players, which the team will keep and build around.

For me, it's Portland. Aldridge is a top 5 PF - easily a cornerstone player. Batum, all around solid player. Plus he bring athleticism to that all important wing spot. And now with Lillard, who will wreck havoc developing a pick'n'roll game with Aldridge. I think Portland is well on their way.

I also like Sacramento with Evans and Cousins. Obviously they need to make some moves. But both those players have the potential to be among the best at their respective positions.

Philly with Bynum, Jrue, Young and Evans? What about the Hornets? John Wall, Beal and Nene?
Cali Syndicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:47 PM   #2
Zodiac
Local High School Star

Zodiac is considered somewhat coolZodiac is considered somewhat coolZodiac is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Best core for a non-playoff team moving forward?

The Hornets core can't seem to stay healthy and Eric Gordon doesn't really want to be there it seems.
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:04 PM   #3
LikeABosh
Banned

LikeABosh is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Lakers?
LikeABosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:10 PM   #4
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Detroit with Monroe and Drummond are gonna destroy the league in a few years.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:16 PM   #5
Cali Syndicate
well, well, well...

Cali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputationCali Syndicate has a terrific reputation

NOH - Gordon and Vasquez are nice pieces. As a GM would you want to keep either as a core player? Vasquez's has some nice numbers but I don't typically watch Hornets games. Is he a keeper? Gordon I would want IF he wasn't always sidelined. Talent means nothing if you can't stay healthy. Rivers and Davis are the other pieces. Ryan Anderson too.

If Gordon doesn't want to be there, and they can trade him for a quality star....then Vasquez, Anderson and Davis with Rivers off the bench as a combo guard doesn't look to bad.

Gordon for who though? He has a huge contract and injury prone.

Lakers? they have Dwight I guess. Kobe probably still has 2 or 3 good years left. If he has more, all the more power to him. Clark? Meh. They are better than a fringe playoff team anyways. I don't really count them. Plus they will probably make the playoffs anyways.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:18 PM   #6
shady6121
NBA Fan

shady6121 has decent reputationshady6121 has decent reputation

Detroit Pistons. Their core has a huge upside imo.
shady6121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:20 PM   #7
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Chicago should offer Deng for Gordon and see what happens.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:48 PM   #8
Cali Syndicate
well, well, well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady6121
Detroit Pistons. Their core has a huge upside imo.

Drummond has a good upside and I understand Monroe's value but who else? Knight? Is he even that good? Stuckey has been a huge disappointment IMO.

Quote:
Chicago should offer Deng for Gordon and see what happens.

Not bad. Rose and Gordon would be huge. Gordon doesn't offset Rose at all since he's good off the ball. And Butler is proving to be a keeper.

Vasquez, Rivers, Deng, Anderson, Davis?

A gamble but not a bad trade. Salaries almost match up too.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:49 PM   #9
#number6ix#
LETS GO HEAT!!!!!!!!!!

#number6ix# is a pretty well-respected poster#number6ix# is a pretty well-respected poster#number6ix# is a pretty well-respected poster#number6ix# is a pretty well-respected poster

Raptors
#number6ix# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:57 PM   #10
Cali Syndicate
well, well, well...

Lowry ruined my fantasy team.

Him and Granger
Old 03-17-2013, 12:46 AM   #11
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
Drummond has a good upside and I understand Monroe's value but who else? Knight? Is he even that good? Stuckey has been a huge disappointment IMO.

Not bad. Rose and Gordon would be huge. Gordon doesn't offset Rose at all since he's good off the ball. And Butler is proving to be a keeper.

Vasquez, Rivers, Deng, Anderson, Davis?

A gamble but not a bad trade. Salaries almost match up too.

I think Dumars drafted Knight with the intention of making him Dumars: Part II. Dumars was actually a PG out of college (I saw the draft two years ago). He was 6'3, with a jumpshot, and he played defense. Brandon Knight is lookin a little Dumarsy...I think that's a legit core. They also have some real good depth. Jerekbo, Maxiell (tho I expect him to be gone), Bynum, Stuckey...Stuckey seems like a perfect 6th man combo guard. Could still offer them something, tho I guess it could also be time to move him.

But I like that New Orleans team...I might move Austin Rivers, to be honest. I also don't like Lopez as the starter...If the idea is to bring Anderson off the bench and then move Davis to the 5 after starting at the 4, I'd rather have a guy like Perkins starting. Lopez is better suited to bring energy off the bench.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:57 AM   #12
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

no one likes the wizards?
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:01 AM   #13
kenny817
Good High School Starter

kenny817 is popular on this boardkenny817 is popular on this boardkenny817 is popular on this boardkenny817 is popular on this board

Cavs?

Kyrie/Waiters/Gee/Thompson/Zeller

Plus another top 3 or 5 draft pick this year
kenny817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:12 AM   #14
No_Look604
Local High School Star

No_Look604 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayNo_Look604 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

"[Bynum], we talkin bout [Bynum]?" - Allen Iverson voice.
No_Look604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:51 AM   #15
RoundMoundOfReb
Objective Poster

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

wiz and cavs imo
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: