Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2013, 09:37 PM   #331
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!
 
NumberSix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Internets
Posts: 24,898
Default Re: Lebron James vs Chimpanzee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikay0
"They didn't". Even though there's clear evidence that they did.
What's the "clear evidence"? That YOU say so? That's it?

If you want to believe that these movie scenes are real, go ahead. I'm not even engaging in a conversation this monumentally stupid.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:38 PM   #332
LikeABosh
LBJ fan since 12/30/84
 
LikeABosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,869
Default Re: Lebron James vs Chimpanzee

A tiger couldn't even harm a Rhino is a one vs. one battle, simple as that.
LikeABosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:40 PM   #333
tikay0
Banned
 
tikay0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,854
Default Re: Lebron James vs Chimpanzee

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
What's the "clear evidence"? That YOU say so? That's it?

If you want to believe that these movie scenes are real, go ahead. I'm not even engaging in a conversation this monumentally stupid.

Ummmm, no. The video of the tiger backing the **** down when it fails at an ambush attack.

You're not engaging in this conversation anymore, because you got handled.

Bye bye buddy.
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:42 PM   #334
daily
cereal killah
 
daily's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,743
Default Re: Lebron James vs Chimpanzee

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
What's the "clear evidence"? That YOU say so? That's it?

If you want to believe that these movie scenes are real, go ahead. I'm not even engaging in a conversation this monumentally stupid.

The fights were staged but the animals were not trained, they used wild animals. They would actually allow them to fight to the death at times. Some guy named Buck something was a huge animal collector for zoos in the 1930s and would capture animals and pit them against each other for his safari films he'd make while on animal capture trips

Same man was also a collector for the San Diego Zoo and I think Bronx zoo at one time
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:43 PM   #335
OldSchoolBBall
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,230
Default Re: Lebron James vs Chimpanzee

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix

Bengal tigers eat black bears all the time and siberian tigers occasionally eat grizzlies.

Actually, when they were settling the USA and pushing the frontier out west, they would have animal fights all the time in carnivals. They would ship ibn all sorts of exotic animals from Asia, including lions and tigers. It is said that the bears would always win. Indeed, the largest regular land bears and polar bears could very likely kill any big cat.
OldSchoolBBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:49 PM   #336
tikay0
Banned
 
tikay0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,854
Default Re: Lebron James vs Chimpanzee

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
Actually, when they were settling the USA and pushing the frontier out west, they would have animal fights all the time in carnivals. They would ship ibn all sorts of exotic animals from Asia, including lions and tigers. It is said that the bears would always win. Indeed, the largest regular land bears and polar bears could very likely kill any big cat.

Aint no damn Tiger messing with a Grizzly Bear H2H.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNehtyJMK2A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SqqG_LUss0
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:49 PM   #337
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!
 
NumberSix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Internets
Posts: 24,898
Default Re: Lebron James vs Chimpanzee

Quote:
Originally Posted by daily
The fights were staged but the animals were not trained, they used wild animals. They would actually allow them to fight to the death at times. Some guy named Buck something was a huge animal collector for zoos in the 1930s and would capture animals and pit them against each other for his safari films he'd make while on animal capture trips

Same man was also a collector for the San Diego Zoo and I think Bronx zoo at one time
No, they absolutely where not. There's no such thing as a captive wild animal.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:50 PM   #338
tpols
NBA Superstar
 
tpols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 14,088
Default Re: Lebron James vs Chimpanzee

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
Actually, when they were settling the USA and pushing the frontier out west, they would have animal fights all the time in carnivals. They would ship ibn all sorts of exotic animals from Asia, including lions and tigers. It is said that the bears would always win. Indeed, the largest regular land bears and polar bears could very likely kill any big cat.
In the cats defense you're taking away their biggest strength when you put them in a cage one on one fight.. They evolved on stealth.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:50 PM   #339
ZaaaaaH
Banned
 
ZaaaaaH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: District of Columbia
Posts: 1,847
Default Re: Lebron James vs Chimpanzee

Quote:
Originally Posted by daily


I go away for dinner and this is what happens?

Great video but lets be real here thats a small FEMALE Tiger vs Full Grown MALE Lion and still Got that Lion to Lay like a biitch Couple of times. The Female Tiger just got exhausted from the Fight and with her Lack of strength behind her attacks got the Lion feeling even more Superior.

Let me Make this Clear Tiger will Beat a Lion 90% Of the Time. This is from multiple people who has done studies not just from Experience but from Science measured facts as well.
ZaaaaaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:52 PM   #340
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!
 
NumberSix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Internets
Posts: 24,898
Default Re: Lebron James vs Chimpanzee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikay0
Uhhh, a siberian tiger is actually bigger than a grizzly.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:56 PM   #341
ZaaaaaH
Banned
 
ZaaaaaH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: District of Columbia
Posts: 1,847
Default Re: Lebron James vs Chimpanzee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
In the cats defense you're taking away their biggest strength when you put them in a cage one on one fight.. They evolved on stealth.


This is where I was going at. I can Create Many Hypothetical BS to help the Tiger win. But in reality these animals live in the Jungle and they are ALL PREYS TO TIGERS.

Fight in PITCH DARK let see who fucccken wins.

To Clear Everything H2H In a Dam Cage a ****en Black Rhino would Crush everything but this aint real.
ZaaaaaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:57 PM   #342
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!
 
NumberSix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Internets
Posts: 24,898
Default Re: Lebron James vs Chimpanzee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaaaaaH
I go away for dinner and this is what happens?

Great video but lets be real here thats a small FEMALE Tiger vs Full Grown MALE Lion and still Got that Lion to Lay like a biitch Couple of times. The Female Tiger just got exhausted from the Fight and with her Lack of strength behind her attacks got the Lion feeling even more Superior.

Let me Make this Clear Tiger will Beat a Lion 90% Of the Time. This is from multiple people who has done studies not just from Experience but from Science measured facts as well.
Besides their spine, lions and tigers are not very different. Tigers are generally bigger, but a lion and a tiger of equal size are nearly identically equal. Tiger MIGHT have an advantage due to the stronger front legs which would be more dangerous for claw swipes.

Pretty even match IMO. If there's any advantage, it's not that big.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:57 PM   #343
tikay0
Banned
 
tikay0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,854
Default Re: Lebron James vs Chimpanzee

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
Uhhh, a siberian tiger is actually bigger than a grizzly.

Quote:
The brown bear (Ursus arctos) is a large bear distributed across much of northern Eurasia and North America. Adult bears generally weigh between 100 and 635 kg (220 and 1,400 lb) and its largest subspecies, the Kodiak bear, rivals the polar bear as the largest member of the bear family[2][3][4] and as the largest land-based predator.[5] There are several recognized subspecies within the brown bear species. In North America, two types are generally recognized, the coastal brown bear and the inland grizzly bear, and the two types could broadly define all brown bear subspecies. An adult grizzly living inland in Yukon may weigh as little as 80 kg (180 lb), while an adult brown bear in nearby coastal Alaska living on a steady, nutritious diet of spawning salmon may weigh as much as 680 kg (1,500 lb).[3] The exact number of overall brown subspecies remains in debate.

Quote:
According to modern research of wild Siberian tigers in Sikhote-Alin, an average adult male of more than 35 months of age weighs 176.4 kg (389 lb), the average asymptotic limit being 222.3 kg (490 lb); an adult tigress weighs 117.9 kg (260 lb). The mean weight of historical Siberian tigers is supposed to be higher: 215.3 kg (475 lb) for male tigers and 137.5 kg (303 lb) for females


Quote:
Weights of up to 318 kg (700 lb) have been recorded and exceptionally large males weighing up to 384 kg (850 lb) are mentioned in the literature but, according to Mazák, none of these cases can be confirmed via reliable sources.[10]


And guess what? Those bears in the video were Coastal Brown Bears.

Last edited by tikay0 : 03-19-2013 at 10:02 PM.
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:59 PM   #344
tikay0
Banned
 
tikay0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,854
Default Re: Lebron James vs Chimpanzee

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
Besides their spine, lions and tigers are not very different. Tigers are generally bigger, but a lion and a tiger of equal size are nearly identically equal. Tiger MIGHT have an advantage due to the stronger front legs which would be more dangerous for claw swipes.

Pretty even match IMO. If there's any advantage, it's not that big.

You forget about their fighting styles. The lion can only swipe with one arm. Where as the tiger can get on it's powerful hind legs, and use both arms to swipe, and claw.

I always go with the tiger heads up.
tikay0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:01 PM   #345
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!
 
NumberSix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: The Internets
Posts: 24,898
Default Re: Lebron James vs Chimpanzee

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikay0
First off, good job using wikipedia.
Good stuff purposely editing out the tiger confirmed to weigh over 1000lbs.


second, you're using the bears weight when it's all fattened up before hibernation when it literally doubles it's weight.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:33 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy