Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-17-2013, 07:32 AM   #1
B4llin
Serious playground baller

B4llin has not been impressing people
Default Boston Celtics - Rebounding Center?

The Boston Celtics are/were/have been a rebounding center away from being champion's the last few years. They have gone DEEP into the playoffs numerous times since the formation of this big three, winning, loosing garnett, loosing to the lakers in the finals etc etc. Being one of the last in the league in rebounding numerous times also, so why havent they gotten a rebounding center by now?

They have the pieces, they've had the money, I just don't understand why?

KG back at PF? There's just so many reason's for them to even dig into the luxury tax and get a FA center for the chance at a title? Don't they owe it to paul and KG to go into the luxury tax for one year, sign a big for 5 years when PP and KG are expiring contracts?
B4llin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:48 AM   #2
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Boston Celtics - Rebounding Center?

what hurt the Celtics is their offense is built around the least effective shot, and when you have mileage on your legs it is quite easy to drift and fall in love with the long 2. The Celtics defended at an elite lever over the last 5 years but had way to many offensive lulls due to how their offense is constructed. They did not score in the paint or draw fouls at a high rate which the leagues top offenses are now built on. Nor were they as potent of a 3 point team as their championship team iirc. Even this season i think the Celtics could win a title if they could get 1 guy to draw fouls at an elite rate, score in the paint, or shoot the 3 at an elite rate, because they still can stop the opposing offense especilly with KG on the floor.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:56 AM   #3
Rubio2Gasol
Decent college freshman

Rubio2Gasol is considered somewhat coolRubio2Gasol is considered somewhat cool

Boston Celtics - Break it up and rebuild.

They could have made a run with Rondo but it don't make sense anymore. Ainge a couple years ago went in on Auerbach for not trading aging stars, he's making the same mistake. Especially when PP has expressed being open to a move and KG has huge value.
Rubio2Gasol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:13 AM   #4
teddytwelvetoes
Kids at the park dunk on me

teddytwelvetoes has an OK reputation so far

I'm still mad at Ainge for placing his trust in a center rotation of Shaq and Jermaine O'Neal. Even though the Celtics were by far the best team in the league when Shaq was healthy early in the season.
teddytwelvetoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:05 AM   #5
B4llin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
Boston Celtics - Break it up and rebuild.

They could have made a run with Rondo but it don't make sense anymore. Ainge a couple years ago went in on Auerbach for not trading aging stars, he's making the same mistake. Especially when PP has expressed being open to a move and KG has huge value.

You trying to be a 'troll' something? how can you look at the celtics this year and say blow it up? What they have become this year is just proof of how good they are and have been. Just a few rebounds, and a david stern less league away from 5 straight titles.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:07 AM   #6
B4llin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
what hurt the Celtics is their offense is built around the least effective shot, and when you have mileage on your legs it is quite easy to drift and fall in love with the long 2. The Celtics defended at an elite lever over the last 5 years but had way to many offensive lulls due to how their offense is constructed. They did not score in the paint or draw fouls at a high rate which the leagues top offenses are now built on. Nor were they as potent of a 3 point team as their championship team iirc. Even this season i think the Celtics could win a title if they could get 1 guy to draw fouls at an elite rate, score in the paint, or shoot the 3 at an elite rate, because they still can stop the opposing offense especilly with KG on the floor.

Did read, and i know my posts are not the easiest to read on the board but please use ****ing paragraphs dude.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:45 AM   #7
Rubio2Gasol
Decent college freshman

Rubio2Gasol is considered somewhat coolRubio2Gasol is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4llin
You trying to be a 'troll' something? how can you look at the celtics this year and say blow it up? What they have become this year is just proof of how good they are and have been. Just a few rebounds, and a david stern less league away from 5 straight titles.

I actually like the Celtics...and I think they were unlucky not to get to the finals last year but without Rondo they ain't winning a championship. At 35 and 36 respectively.

Garnett is still worth something to some teams, even if he retires at the end of the season and Pierce is worth something as well. To get back pieces for them right now would be a huge + when it comes time to actually rebuild.
Rubio2Gasol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:54 AM   #8
ralph_i_el
BBeal=Yung DC Snypa

ralph_i_el is a pretty well-respected posterralph_i_el is a pretty well-respected posterralph_i_el is a pretty well-respected posterralph_i_el is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4llin
The Boston Celtics are/were/have been a rebounding center away from being champion's the last few years. They have gone DEEP into the playoffs numerous times since the formation of this big three, winning, loosing garnett, loosing to the lakers in the finals etc etc. Being one of the last in the league in rebounding numerous times also, so why havent they gotten a rebounding center by now?

They have the pieces, they've had the money, I just don't understand why?

KG back at PF? There's just so many reason's for them to even dig into the luxury tax and get a FA center for the chance at a title? Don't they owe it to paul and KG to go into the luxury tax for one year, sign a big for 5 years when PP and KG are expiring contracts?

They are just a rebounding center away from a championship....if the league lets him on the court with the other 5 guys.
ralph_i_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:01 AM   #9
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

offensive woes are bigger weaknesses than rebounding. If they were built like a traditional 2000 offense than i think multiple championships would have been the result.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:20 AM   #10
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
offensive woes are bigger weaknesses than rebounding. If they were built like a traditional 2000 offense than i think multiple championships would have been the result.

I disagree, they've had one of the best offenses statistically for the last 5 years. They're way up there in assists and fg%.

They've been one of the worst rebounding teams in the league for the past 5 years. It's not that hard to get a guy who wants to rebound. They could've thrown an offer at Reggie Evans or anyone that wants to get rebounds. You can't win without rebounding.
ProfessorMurder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:30 PM   #11
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

It's not that complicated. Sign a center who rebounds and defends from the post and have Rivers pay attention on offense and not make it about Rondo passing for a potential assist on long jumpshots.

If that's too hard to find and too hard for Rivers to do...then, as much as I don't like the idea...the fact is that the team is doing well without Rondo and I don't know if Ainge thinks anything of it. If he does, Lee and Rondo for Horford and Teague...you plug them right in and you an ideal team.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: