Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-19-2013, 11:44 PM   #1
imnew09
2*/5

imnew09 has an OK reputation so far
Default Anyone against the Division leader playoff spot

The rule gives advantage to the Division leader.

For example,
4.L.A. Clippers 46 22 0.676
5.Denver5 47 22 0.681

Although Denver's winning % is higher, they're still ranked below the Clippers because of the Division Leader playoff spot rule.

Note: Clippers rank 1 in the pacific, Denver rank 2 Northwest.

I became more aware of this rule since last year when Boston ranked higher than the Hawks even though the Hawks had a better record. I think all the playoff spots should just go by the percentage.

What do you guys know? fair?
imnew09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:46 PM   #2
d.bball.guy
Heat fan since 2014

d.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterd.bball.guy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Anyone against the Division leader playoff spot

So that's the reason why the Warriors are ahead of the Blazers in 2K13 even though we have a better record.
d.bball.guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:47 PM   #3
b0bab0i
National High School Star

b0bab0i is a pretty well-respected posterb0bab0i is a pretty well-respected posterb0bab0i is a pretty well-respected poster

If playoffs started now, nuggets would get HCA still.
b0bab0i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:47 PM   #4
R.H.C.P.
that's turrible

R.H.C.P. is a pretty well-respected posterR.H.C.P. is a pretty well-respected posterR.H.C.P. is a pretty well-respected poster

Denver would still have home court advantage in the first round cause they have a higher winning % (like Atl having home court vs celtics last year)
R.H.C.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:50 PM   #5
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0bab0i
If playoffs started now, nuggets would get HCA still.

Yup. Same reason why Clips had HCA over Nuggs back in 06
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:53 PM   #6
b0bab0i
National High School Star

b0bab0i is a pretty well-respected posterb0bab0i is a pretty well-respected posterb0bab0i is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
We're basically 5th seed now.
b0bab0i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:00 AM   #7
clipps
Good college starter

clipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputationclipps has a terrific reputation

Quote:

Didn't the NBA change the playoff seeding rules because the Clippers tanked a few games towards the end of the 06 season so they would have HCA against the Nuggets? Nuggets won their division but the Clippers had the better win/loss record which gave them HCA.
clipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:29 AM   #8
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0bab0i
We're basically 5th seed now.

The NBA should change the wording to guarantee a top 5 seed so fans can avoid confusion. This topic comes up every year it seems.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:30 AM   #9
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
The NBA should change the wording to guarantee a top 5 seed so fans can avoid confusion. This topic comes up every year it seems.

Clips would still be the 4th seed. Just not have HCA
Old 03-20-2013, 01:34 AM   #10
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Clips would still be the 4th seed. Just not have HCA

yea i know but i get why it is top 4 in stead of 5 thanks to your other post. I wasn't aware that it is possible that the 6th seed could have a better record than the 3rd seed.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:35 AM   #11
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
yea i know but i get why it is top 4 in stead of 5 thanks to your other post. I wasn't aware that it is possible that the 6th seed could have a better record than the 3rd seed.

It is really unlikely, but possible. I doubt the 6th seed has even been within 4-6 games of the 3rd seed.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:38 AM   #12
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Leave as is. Divisions are fine, and teams should be rewarded for winning them.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:40 AM   #13
hawksdogsbraves
Child, please

hawksdogsbraves is considered somewhat coolhawksdogsbraves is considered somewhat cool

Divisions are not relevant in the NBA, and winning them should offer no advantage over a team with a superior record.
hawksdogsbraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:48 AM   #14
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
Divisions are not relevant in the NBA, and winning them should offer no advantage over a team with a superior record.

Of course they are relevant. Every professional sports league has them.

You guys are bitching over playoff seeding (1 fcking home game). In 2010 the NY football Giants missed the ENTIRE playoffs with a 10-6 record, meanwhile the Seattle Seahawks made the playoffs with a 7-9 record. That's something real to bitch about, and no one in football wants to get rid of divisions.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:16 AM   #15
Patrick Chewing
Knicks fan since 1981

Patrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablePatrick Chewing is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Of course! Everyone should be against it as it's ridiculous as hell. Just like whichever League wins the All-Star game in baseball gets home-field advantage in the World Series.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: