Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-16-2013, 09:21 AM   #16
stax
Mooooooooooose

stax has a terrific reputationstax has a terrific reputationstax has a terrific reputationstax has a terrific reputationstax has a terrific reputation
Default Re: kobe injury could have been prevented by hi-tops ?

Well the case against high tops goes that because of the reduced mobility of the ankle joint, the force/impact/whatever travels further up the leg.
stax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:36 AM   #17
secund2nun
Kobe= 1st round loser

secund2nun has decent reputation

Sneakers increase the risk of injuries, especially thicker sole shoes. They cause you to unnaturally put pressure on your heels instead of the front of you feet if the soles are very thick, which greatly increases the chances of injuries and lowers your speed. Naturally (barefeet) you are supposed to walk/run with more of the front of your feet, not your heels. Heel running is what causes blowouts.

The Stanford track coach, which is one of the best track programs, found that his runners ran faster and had less injuries if they were no shoes and ran barefoot instead. This is when Nike came up with the idea of those really thin light shoes which are basically like wearing nothing. These shoes are known as "Nike Frees."

If anything the injury chances would have been decreased with thin sole shoes like Nike Frees that encourage you to naturally run with your front feet

Great article on it:

http://www.wired.com/science/discove...urrentPage=all

Traditional shoes increase the chances of injuries and do not improve athletic performance. It is all a gimmick and strictly for fashion.
secund2nun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:52 AM   #18
tomtucker
NBA sixth man of the year

tomtucker is a pretty well-respected postertomtucker is a pretty well-respected postertomtucker is a pretty well-respected postertomtucker is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by secund2nun
Sneakers increase the risk of injuries, especially thicker sole shoes. They cause you to unnaturally put pressure on your heels instead of the front of you feet if the soles are very thick, which greatly increases the chances of injuries and lowers your speed. Naturally (barefeet) you are supposed to walk/run with more of the front of your feet, not your heels. Heel running is what causes blowouts.

The Stanford track coach, which is one of the best track programs, found that his runners ran faster and had less injuries if they were no shoes and ran barefoot instead. This is when Nike came up with the idea of those really thin light shoes which are basically like wearing nothing. These shoes are known as "Nike Frees."

If anything the injury chances would have been decreased with thin sole shoes like Nike Frees that encourage you to naturally run with your front feet

Great article on it:

http://www.wired.com/science/discove...urrentPage=all

Traditional shoes increase the chances of injuries and do not improve athletic performance. It is all a gimmick and strictly for fashion.

yes, allthogh if you have stiff joints in your toes, an outsole that does not flex very much is good.......then you kinda roll along , and the toes donīt bend back like when you walk barefoot or in those nike freeīs.......
tomtucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:31 AM   #19
devin112
Local High School Star

devin112 is a pretty well-respected posterdevin112 is a pretty well-respected posterdevin112 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyRyanYang
much heavier.
Funny story, years ago I had a pair of Lebron IV, so I was wearing them and reading a magazine which has an article saying how they could prevent ankle rolls, later that day I played some basketball and sprain my ankle, big time.
Lebrons are built like boots. I wear hyperdunks, super lightweight and good ankle support. I came down wrong a few months ago and the extra height saved my @ss
devin112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:27 AM   #20
Nezty
Decent playground baller

Nezty is starting to rub some people the wrong way

How many times has Kobe rolled his ankles playing in low tops? I remember him saying a while back if you're gonna roll your ankle you will roll it regardless, Or something like that.
Nezty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:01 PM   #21
Kobe 4 The Win
Chasing Legends

Kobe 4 The Win is a pretty well-respected posterKobe 4 The Win is a pretty well-respected posterKobe 4 The Win is a pretty well-respected poster

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar always wore low tops. He said that if you twist an ankle in high tops it will transfer the stress to your knee. I agree with him. I always play in Kobe's and I love them. I've twisted my ankles many times in high tops and lows. It's just one of those things that happens in basketball, especially if you are being guarded by a jealous bitchmade player like Jones.
Kobe 4 The Win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:20 PM   #22
theBIGjabroni
Banned

theBIGjabroni has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonislegend
why would he want to wear those mountain boots?
seriously these dudes shoes are ugly as sin
theBIGjabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: