Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-16-2013, 01:15 AM   #1
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board
Default Tim Duncan vs Larry Bird

one of these dudes is unquestionably the greatest white basketball player ever. so tell me, who is better between the two?
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:19 AM   #2
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Tim Duncan vs Larry Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket_Nakedz
one of these dudes is unquestionably the greatest white basketball player ever. so tell me, who is better between the two?

Duncan
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:20 AM   #3
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I love Duncan but I'd take Bird in a heartbeat.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:25 AM   #4
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 NBA/NFL Mind

RoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoundMoundOfReb is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
This.
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:25 AM   #5
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board

id take bird as well. he had that redneck grit and swag. tim duncan is whiter than wayne brady and bryant gumble combined.
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:33 AM   #6
Whoah10115
Linja Status

Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
Duncan

Tim Duncan is nowhere near Larry Bird. Message boards give too much credence to difference of opinion.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:53 AM   #7
Harison
The Awakening

Harison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this boardHarison is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder

+1. Duncan is more impactfull defensively, but Bird isnt slouch there either. Pretty much everywhere else Bird has a clear advantage. TD is great scorer, Bird is GOAT-like. TD is clutch, Bird is GOAT-like clutch, TD is a good passer, Bird is GOAT-passer in his position, etc.
Harison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:13 AM   #8
riseagainst
Lebron fan

riseagainst has decent reputationriseagainst has decent reputation

Bird.... not close .... at all.
riseagainst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:15 AM   #9
necya
Local High School Star

necya has an OK reputation so far

necya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:32 AM   #10
Legends66NBA7
Face Of Death

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

There needs to be more discussion and in-depth analysis than the cliche "it's not close".

This a question I actually wanted to see more talk about too.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:40 AM   #11
fpliii
peace out

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
There needs to be more discussion and in-depth analysis than the cliche "it's not close".

This a question I actually wanted to see more talk about too.

It's a very interesting question. I actually have a lot to say on this topic, but I'm really busy for the next week and a half (not that my opinion is particularly important, but I think this is definitely a comparison worthy of discussion). If this thread is still active at that point I'll post my thoughts (perhaps I'll bump it anyway).
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:45 AM   #12
Legends66NBA7
Face Of Death

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpliii
It's a very interesting question. I actually have a lot to say on this topic, but I'm really busy for the next week and a half (not that my opinion is particularly important, but I think this is definitely a comparison worthy of discussion). If this thread is still active at that point I'll post my thoughts (perhaps I'll bump it anyway).

Sounds good, man.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:10 AM   #13
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115

Tim Duncan is nowhere near Larry Bird. Message boards give too much credence to difference of opinion.

You either didn't watch Bird or haven't paid attention to Duncan to think it's absurd to say Duncan.

I could give you a ton of reasons, but winning 4 titles and winning 50 or more games 14 consecutive years (never been done before...previous high was 12)...all while playing with by far the least amount of help any superstar to win that amount has had...I'll take Duncan.

I can't even imagine what the results would have been like if Duncan had played on teams even close to as talented as Bird's Celtics.
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:24 AM   #14
Rysio
Local High School Star

Rysio has a very bad reputationRysio has a very bad reputationRysio has a very bad reputationRysio has a very bad reputation

bird easily. bird is a legend he could do anything on the court. only thing duncan can do is play defense the rest of his game is average at best.
Rysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:29 AM   #15
Kovach
Decent playground baller

Kovach is considered somewhat coolKovach is considered somewhat coolKovach is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
I can't even imagine what the results would have been like if Duncan had played on teams even close to as talented as Bird's Celtics.
And I can't imagine what what the results would have been like if Bird had played in a 29-30-team joke of the league with more than 70% pure garbage teams.
This goes both ways.
Kovach is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: