Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-16-2013, 03:26 AM   #1
tomtucker
Prince of Wallachia

tomtucker is popular on this boardtomtucker is popular on this boardtomtucker is popular on this boardtomtucker is popular on this board
Default kobe injury could have been prevented by hi-tops ?

Donīt understand players that use basicly running shoes to play pro basketball in..............could "real" basket-shoes, that most players wear, not have prevented that ankle injury.....?
tomtucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:27 AM   #2
inclinerator
Future NBA G.O.A.T

inclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableinclinerator is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: kobe injury could have been prevented by hi-tops ?

low tops are so comfortable tho
inclinerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:30 AM   #3
SyRyanYang
Decent college freshman

SyRyanYang is starting to rub some people the wrong waySyRyanYang is starting to rub some people the wrong way

much heavier.
Funny story, years ago I had a pair of Lebron IV, so I was wearing them and reading a magazine which has an article saying how they could prevent ankle rolls, later that day I played some basketball and sprain my ankle, big time.

Last edited by SyRyanYang : 03-16-2013 at 03:32 AM.
SyRyanYang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:40 AM   #4
LosBulls
Bulls Fan Since 2010

LosBulls posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryLosBulls posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyRyanYang
much heavier.
Funny story, years ago I had a pair of Lebron IV, so I was wearing them and reading a magazine which has an article saying how they could prevent ankle rolls, later that day I played some 2k13 and sprain my ankle, big time.
We all know you don't go outside.
LosBulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:55 AM   #5
I<3NBA
NBA lottery pick

I<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryI<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

nop. even with hi tops, you can still roll your ankle. taping helps minimize the damage but will limit your movement. the best prevention is to strengthen the muscles around the ankles so that when a player rolls their ankle, the ligaments and muscles aren't strained much.
I<3NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:05 AM   #6
GOBB_Junior
Banned

GOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected posterGOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected posterGOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by inclinerator
low tops are so comfortable tho

I am planning to buy this adidas adizero Derrick Rose 3.5.

GOBB_Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:08 AM   #7
Djsonny
Kids at the park dunk on me

Djsonny has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtucker
Donīt understand players that use basicly running shoes to play pro basketball in..............could "real" basket-shoes, that most players wear, not have prevented that ankle injury.....?

Do you even ball? Go try out the top shoes and let me know how you feel. I have tons of shoes and kobes are my fav to ball in. Its just preference, if you fall on someones foot, you are going to roll it regardless. They arent going to design shoes that dont work
Djsonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:10 AM   #8
tomtucker
Prince of Wallachia

tomtucker is popular on this boardtomtucker is popular on this boardtomtucker is popular on this boardtomtucker is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB_Junior
I am planning to buy this adidas adizero Derrick Rose 3.5.

[img]http://wg]

............donīt do it son........

Old 03-16-2013, 04:11 AM   #9
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

Soccer players use their ankles to move and turn the most and wear low tops, they did a scientific test on this on one of those shoes I think it was myth buster or sports science and proved it didn't matter.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:14 AM   #10
GOBB_Junior
Banned

GOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected posterGOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected posterGOBB_Junior is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
............donīt do it son........

GOBB_Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:26 AM   #11
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Kobe VI's are my favorite bball shoes of all time to play in. If an NBA player is worried about their ankles, they can tape them. Wearing high tops won't do shit.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:40 AM   #12
imnew09
2*/5

imnew09 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

It could have prevented if Jones wasn't being a jealous jacka$$
imnew09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:43 AM   #13
tomtucker
Prince of Wallachia

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnew09
It could have prevented if Jones wasn't being a jealous jacka$$

.......that is true............but still........kobe need to call lebron.......have him send over a pair of Lebron 10īs in a purple and gold colorway....... ...........
Old 03-16-2013, 04:47 AM   #14
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is considered somewhat coolbrandonislegend is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
.......that is true............but still........kobe need to call lebron.......have him send over a pair of Lebron 10īs in a purple and gold colorway....... ...........

why would he want to wear those mountain boots?
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:59 AM   #15
Burgz V2
Good college starter

Burgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected posterBurgz V2 is a pretty well-respected poster

if you are going to roll your ankle you are going to roll your ankle, especially in that situation
Burgz V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: