Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-16-2013, 03:55 PM   #16
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: As a Kobe hater and a Laker hater...

Quote:
Originally Posted by I<3NBA
i am torn between being happy that the Lakers are winning without Kobe or being worried that now that Kobe is out, Lakers will start playing winning ball and actually make the playoffs. second only after Kobe, i also hate the Lakers with my guts. they are the team that eliminated ALL of my previous favorite teams. they eliminated the Webber-led Kings, Pippen-led Blazers, Nash-led Suns. these are teams i rooted for in the past. more than likely, if Lakers weren't in the way, Webber would've had a ring, Blazers would've won the championship, and Nash wouldn't have to be this pathetic ring chaser that he is on the Lakers.

the only thing that would make me happy is the Lakers making the playoffs without Kobe and then Kobe forces his way back once the playoffs start and the Lakers are swept in the 1st round. it would be a dream come true.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:48 AM   #17
I<3NBA
NBA lottery pick

I<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryI<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar
So basically what you're saying is that you're a bandwagoner who always picks the wrong team to dick ride?
i picked right last year
great feeling to be a fan of a champion. can't blame me for being a bandwagoner. don't live in the US. have to pick a team based on who my current favorite players are. so it used to be Doug Christie, Pippen Blazers, Nash. i also start liking a team when they play amazing team basketball. that Kings team had amazing passing plays. just really fun to watch.
I<3NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:53 AM   #18
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
i picked right last year
great feeling to be a fan of a champion. can't blame me for being a bandwagoner.

kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:03 AM   #19
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
i picked right last year
great feeling to be a fan of a champion. can't blame me for being a bandwagoner.

kids today...

you are supposed to root for the home team. you don't cherry pick for a champion, that sh*t is lame

if you live in a city with a team? thats your team because it is the team that reps your HOME. have some pride, for christ sakes.

if you dont live in town with a team? pick a team and stick with it.

anybody can switch favorites every year..

stop that sh*t

pick a team, stick with them and live and die thru the ups and downs. That what being a fan is about

not front running
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:26 AM   #20
I<3NBA
NBA lottery pick

I<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryI<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1

kids today...

you are supposed to root for the home team. you don't cherry pick for a champion, that sh*t is lame

if you live in a city with a team? thats your team because it is the team that reps your HOME. have some pride, for christ sakes.

if you dont live in town with a team? pick a team and stick with it.

anybody can switch favorites every year..

stop that sh*t

pick a team, stick with them and live and die thru the ups and downs. That what being a fan is about

not front running
i didn't switch favorites. i just followed Lebron. why should i stick to what ever stereotype some other idiot wants me to do? lol. it's my life, i should be able to do with it what i want. just because you have your own definition of what a fan is doesn't mean others take of what a fan is is wrong. i'm not even from the US so its not like i'm betraying my hometown or something. you idiots are just lame for trying to force your own definition of fandom on others. your worldview is not the worldview of others.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:00 AM   #21
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

poido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
i didn't switch favorites. i just followed Lebron. why should i stick to what ever stereotype some other idiot wants me to do? lol. it's my life, i should be able to do with it what i want. just because you have your own definition of what a fan is doesn't mean others take of what a fan is is wrong. i'm not even from the US so its not like i'm betraying my hometown or something. you idiots are just lame for trying to force your own definition of fandom on others. your worldview is not the worldview of others.

You know what, I passionately hate the team you go for now, and it feels great to be a long time Bulls fan. When things went down after MJ retired, watching Noah develop to seeing Rose drafted and now seeing them back contending in the playoffs again, the journey is the satisfying part. The thing you will miss out on and what you don't realise is, that by not sticking with a team in its ups and downs means you will miss out on hating rival teams and enjoying sweet victory when your team beats a rival or wins a championship through adversity. You will always have that shallow feeling like its great that your team one but what kind of fan am I? what does it really mean to me to support a team and its organisation? Anyways, each to their own, I still believe my bulls can beat the heat against all odds this year, and nothing in my mind will change that because Im a true fan.
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:38 AM   #22
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

you said yourself that you were a bandwagon fan.

your problem is that you dont understand what it means to be a fan

Does your HOME (wherever that is) have a team in the Olympics every 4 years?

Do you have any pride in your own country?

Do you nonchalantly just root for whatever country because they win? (Russia's pretty good this year.... GO BIG RED!)

basketball is a team sport. the teams represent cities, and the people of those cities root for the HOME team.

This isnt simply my personal idea of fandom pal... It is what fandom is about. fans root for teams, and they live and die with the outcomes. they dont jump around from team to team trying to pick a winner

Like I said, if you dont live in city with a team? then pick a team and stick with it. you called yourself a bandwagon fan and then act butthurt over it later on.

Follow tennis or bowling if you dont understand TEAM sports

Last edited by Rasheed1 : 03-17-2013 at 10:40 AM.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:14 AM   #23
ripthekik
GIVEN NOT EARNED

ripthekik has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
retarded.

guys, this guy here is a prime example of a lebron fan. People want to complain about kobe fans? Well at least they stuck with him through the good and bad times. The lebron fans just hop on after 2012, and follow whatever is successful and keep jumping ship.
ripthekik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:32 PM   #24
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM
As a heat fan why the hell are you worried about the Lakers??? the chances that the Lakers get through 3 series without hca is minimal.

MMM seems just as worried about the Lakers and his team has ZERO chance at a 2013 title.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:34 PM   #25
NoGunzJustSkillz

Quote:
Yeah because Lebron played for the Kings, Blazers and Suns.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:58 PM   #26
I<3NBA
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Does your HOME (wherever that is) have a team in the Olympics every 4 years?

Do you have any pride in your own country?
this is what i don't understand about this whole stick with a team shit. i have no loyalty with any one team because i don't identify with any one NBA city. none of them are my home. so i have to pick a team based on something. i choose to pick the team of my current favorite player. ofc if a game involves my country, i'd root for my country's team. but since my country isn't even involve in the NBA, and not even one player from my country is playing even for a D-League team, it doesn't make sense to stick with just one team.
Quote:
Like I said, if you dont live in city with a team? then pick a team and stick with it. you called yourself a bandwagon fan and then act butthurt over it later on.
i don't act butthurt over being called a bandwagoner. it's you who is so butthurt over the idea of other people being other than what you wish them to be. newsflash pal. it's a free world. other ppl can do what they want and not follow you just because you think you are right.

i root for all my country's team in whatever sports they are so it's not like i'm some traitorous asswipe. what you don't get is that i can't root for one NBA team is because none of that team is part of my homeland. if you can't get that into your head, then you're srsly retarded. maybe when i become an American citizen, i'll root for a team of my US hometown (which will probably be NY since that's my planned destination). but until then, there's nothing wrong with picking a team based on my favorite player, and their style of play.

again, lol at you for thinking your opinions are what defines the world. typical American hubris.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
The thing you will miss out on and what you don't realise is, that by not sticking with a team in its ups and downs means you will miss out on hating rival teams and enjoying sweet victory when your team beats a rival or wins a championship through adversity.
not really. it's almost just the same as sticking with and following one player throughout their career. it's not like i haven't had any heartbreak all those years Lebron failed to win the championship. i dare say it's even harder being a Lebron fan all those years before last year. that's why it was a sweet moment when he finally won. the feeling of vindication was shared by everyone who followed him.

Last edited by I<3NBA : 03-17-2013 at 01:04 PM.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:15 PM   #27
albas89
Jessica Alba

albas89 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
Yeah because Lebron played for the Kings, Blazers and Suns.
Funny thing is, when he was supporting the Nash-led Suns, Lebron was already a superstar. He just hopped on the Lebron bandwagon because Amare left/Nash got old. Are u gonna do the same shit with your future wife??
albas89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:16 PM   #28
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
this is what i don't understand about this whole stick with a team shit. i have no loyalty with any one team because i don't identify with any one NBA city. none of them are my home. so i have to pick a team based on something.

Exactly, you dont understand what it means to be a fan. you might like a player or two, but you dont understand what being a fan is about.

Do you follow college sports? Do fans of college teams, jump from team to team? (the answer is "hell no, they root for the school they went to or the school that they love.. They don't switch around every five minutes")

its the same concept as national pride ...

Quote:
i choose to pick the team of my current favorite player. ofc if a game involves my country, i'd root for my country's team.

exactly... you would root for your country because of the pride you have for your country...

Do you take pride in Lebron James?

Quote:
but since my country isn't even involve in the NBA, and not even one player from my country is playing even for a D-League team, it doesn't make sense to stick with just one team.

yes it does... Not everybody in the states has a team in their town to follow. They pick a team and root for it.. very easy thing to comprehend. Even people who live in a town where there is a team? they might like another team, but at least they stick with the team they like thru thick and thin.. They don't jump ship.

Quote:
i don't act butthurt over being called a bandwagoner. it's you who is so butthurt over the idea of other people being other than what you wish them to be. newsflash pal. it's a free world. other ppl can do what they want and not follow you just because you think you are right.

no sh*t its a free world fool... What am I threatening legal action against you or something?

calm down and keep the issue in perspective.. nobody said "its not a free world" no need for the extra drama

Quote:
what you don't get is that i can't root for one NBA team is because none of that team is part of my homeland.

Yeah you can... pick one and stick with them. its a simple concept

you just dont understand the concept of being a fan...

Quote:
again, lol at you for thinking your opinions are what defines the world. typical American hubris.

You follow an American sport, and when an American tells you about the concept of being a fan, you scoff and claim its hubris?

you are getting called out by multiple people in here because you dont understand fandom, and you sound like an idiot... Im trying to help you out, but you will have none of that

it isnt just "my personal opinion"

Fine, brag about about how you bandwagon whatever way the wind blows.. Just dont be surprised when people respond the way they have in this thread
Old 03-17-2013, 01:26 PM   #29
Bandito
NBA Role Player

Bandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBandito is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
exactly! please get on with the program!
At least you're honest
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:28 PM   #30
NoGunzJustSkillz

Quote:
exactly... you would root for your country because of the pride you have for your country...

Do you take pride in Lebron James?

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: