Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2013, 02:37 PM   #31
Clutch
NBA Legend
 
Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: MSG
Posts: 16,422
Default Re: Blow it up thread....

I guess Kobe is not superstar then because he has much more talent on his team than Melo does but will still barely make the playoffs.

And don't talk about the injuries crap,the Knicks had the same amount if not more injuries than the Lakers.

LeBron has Wade and Bosh,Durant has Westbrook. It's easy to pass the ball to a guy who's a top10 or top20 player in the league because you know he can score. It's easy when you know you have a teammate that watches your back and will step up if needed or you have a bad game.

Melo has none of that. Amare is always injured,J.R. is inconsistent as it gets and all other players suck on offense.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:25 PM   #32
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,985
Default Re: Blow it up thread....

The point being Melo is an elite scorer but he is quite inefficient. Melo isnt a superstar like Durant, Wade, LBJ etc because Melo doesnt play the defense, rebound, make plays, hustle, show those leadership qualities of the other elite players. What Knickcity is saying if he did those things then its easy to blame the other components of the team.

LBJ did the same things when he was in Cleveland playing with scrubs and took that team to the playoffs ALL BY HIMSELF.

Shard isnt in the rotation anymore fellas.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:45 PM   #33
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,322
Default Re: Blow it up thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
The point being Melo is an elite scorer but he is quite inefficient. Melo isnt a superstar like Durant, Wade, LBJ etc because Melo doesnt play the defense, rebound, make plays, hustle, show those leadership qualities of the other elite players. What Knickcity is saying if he did those things then its easy to blame the other components of the team.

LBJ did the same things when he was in Cleveland playing with scrubs and took that team to the playoffs ALL BY HIMSELF.

Shard isnt in the rotation anymore fellas.
Yep. Spot on.

And that's the main key.

No one can seriously complain about the role players when the star with 34 % usage is nit doing everything needed to get the win.

Outside of Melo guarding Blake Griffin when was the last time anyone can say Melo played good defense for an entire game?

I'm asking Melo to be LeBron but to think he can't emulate some of his game ludicrous

Melo can make plays and rebound and has shown he can defend.

But to win he has to do it every game, now if he was I could totally understand ripping the support.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:09 PM   #34
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,711
Default Re: Blow it up thread....

You say you aren't asking Melo to be LeBron, but everytime you make a comparison.......it's LeBron. I'm fully convinced that Knicks fans aren't mad at Melo because of his play. They're upset because he's not LeBron. Newsflash. Nobody is LeBron. He's the best player in the world.

Furthermore, if you can't see that out of the top players in the league, Melo has the worst supporting cast, you need to stop watching basketball. Let's take a look:

LeBron's supporting cast: Wade, Bosh, Battier, Allen, Haslem, Birdman, Cole, Chalmers, Lewis.

Durant's supporting cast: Westbrook, Ibaka, Martin, Sefolosha, Perkins, Collison, Thabeet, Fisher

Kobe's supporting cast: Howard, Nash, Jamison, World Peace, Meeks, Clark
(Gasol, Ebanks, Hill pretty much don't count. They've been hurt all year.)

Paul's supporting cast: Griffin, Jordan, Crawford, Butler, Barnes, Green, Billups,
Bledsoe, Odom

Melo's supporting cast: Chandler, Smith, Shumpert, Felton, Kidd, Prigioni, Thomas, White, Copeland, Novak, Martin.
(Amare, Camby, Wallace pretty much don't count. They've been hurt all year)

You mean to tell me this doesn't make a difference in the amount of shots a player takes? Knock it off. Grunwald didn't do his job. You don't just get to ignore that. There are 5 players on a court. Why are you blaming the best one for the fact that the others suck? Wake up! Maybe Melo is playing "hero ball" but you know what...he HAS to. We started off winning because we were hot from 3. You say we fell off around the time Melo fell off. No. We fell off around the time we came back down to Earth from 3. Each month our 3 point shooting has declined. Melo didn't make Felton fracture his finger. He didn't sign Pablo Prigioni. He didn't injure Sheed and Camby. He didn't re-injure Amare. He didn't make Jason Kidd shoot 16% from 3. He didn't make Novak the most one dimensional player in the history of the NBA. He didn't make Shumper tear his ACL and come back rusty. He didn't sign 6 players over 35, NONE of which have given us any consistent production. DUDE...OUR ROSTER SUCKS!!! WAKE UP!!!
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:28 PM   #35
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,322
Default Re: Blow it up thread....

Or maybe Melo isn't as good as we hope he can be.

And no fam, I dont just compare him to lebron, i named several other guys that would as much effect if not more on this team because they all add more to the table besides scoring.

When Melo played great, the role players did as well.

players follow the leader.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:40 PM   #36
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,711
Default Re: Blow it up thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Or maybe Melo isn't as good as we hope he can be.

And no fam, I dont just compare him to lebron, i named several other guys that would as much effect if not more on this team because they all add more to the table besides scoring.

When Melo played great, the role players did as well.

players follow the leader.
So it's his fault Jason Kidd sucks even though he sucked for the last 2 years on a totally different team?
It's his fault Amare is always hurt?
Its his fault Chandler has no offensive game?
It's his fault Felton fractured his finger?
It's his fault we signed 6 players over 35?
It's his fault Sheed and Camby got hurt?
It's his fault Prigioni stinks?
It's his fault Shumpert tore his ACL and is coming back slowly?
It's his fault Kurt Thomas is DONE and has been for the last 5 years?
None of these things have ANYTHING to do with the success of our team?

Durant, Harden, Steph, Curry, Westbrook, Kyrie, Kobe, Wade just to name a few.

Of those guys you name, 3 players have better records than the Knicks and THEY HAVE BETTER PLAYERS AROUND THEM!
Two of which play on the same team.
If you would trade Melo for Westbrook, something is terribly wrong with you.
So what are you saying dude?

I'm sorry dude but you sound ridiculous. When Melo's play declines, it's his fault we are losing but whne he's playing at an MVP level, we aren't winning because of him? You're being a hypocrite.

Last edited by franchize : 03-17-2013 at 12:42 PM.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:45 PM   #37
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,985
Default Re: Blow it up thread....

Knicks forum easily the best.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:47 PM   #38
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,711
Default Re: Blow it up thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Knicks forum easily the best.


I'm so looking forward to me and Knickscity's battles over our offseason moves. It's undoubtedly going to be long and heated lol
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:58 PM   #39
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,322
Default Re: Blow it up thread....

If we get knocked out in the first round I want Melo traded, and the rest of the bunch....they all gotta go.

Trust me that will be my stance in advance.

and when have I not said melo wasn't MVP caliber when the Knicks played great?
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:20 PM   #40
Clutch
NBA Legend
 
Clutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: MSG
Posts: 16,422
Default Re: Blow it up thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
You say you aren't asking Melo to be LeBron, but everytime you make a comparison.......it's LeBron. I'm fully convinced that Knicks fans aren't mad at Melo because of his play. They're upset because he's not LeBron. Newsflash. Nobody is LeBron. He's the best player in the world.

Furthermore, if you can't see that out of the top players in the league, Melo has the worst supporting cast, you need to stop watching basketball. Let's take a look:

LeBron's supporting cast: Wade, Bosh, Battier, Allen, Haslem, Birdman, Cole, Chalmers, Lewis.

Durant's supporting cast: Westbrook, Ibaka, Martin, Sefolosha, Perkins, Collison, Thabeet, Fisher

Kobe's supporting cast: Howard, Nash, Jamison, World Peace, Meeks, Clark
(Gasol, Ebanks, Hill pretty much don't count. They've been hurt all year.)

Paul's supporting cast: Griffin, Jordan, Crawford, Butler, Barnes, Green, Billups,
Bledsoe, Odom

Melo's supporting cast: Chandler, Smith, Shumpert, Felton, Kidd, Prigioni, Thomas, White, Copeland, Novak, Martin.
(Amare, Camby, Wallace pretty much don't count. They've been hurt all year)

You mean to tell me this doesn't make a difference in the amount of shots a player takes? Knock it off. Grunwald didn't do his job. You don't just get to ignore that. There are 5 players on a court. Why are you blaming the best one for the fact that the others suck? Wake up! Maybe Melo is playing "hero ball" but you know what...he HAS to. We started off winning because we were hot from 3. You say we fell off around the time Melo fell off. No. We fell off around the time we came back down to Earth from 3. Each month our 3 point shooting has declined. Melo didn't make Felton fracture his finger. He didn't sign Pablo Prigioni. He didn't injure Sheed and Camby. He didn't re-injure Amare. He didn't make Jason Kidd shoot 16% from 3. He didn't make Novak the most one dimensional player in the history of the NBA. He didn't make Shumper tear his ACL and come back rusty. He didn't sign 6 players over 35, NONE of which have given us any consistent production. DUDE...OUR ROSTER SUCKS!!! WAKE UP!!!
I completely agree
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:01 PM   #41
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,711
Default Re: Blow it up thread....

Let's examine some things that occurred over Melo's tenure. Tell me how this doesn't lead to a player being knocked out the 1st round.

VS the Celtics (who are one of the best teams in the East)
Amare gets injured and can't play. According to many sources, he got hurt doing trick dunks on the layup line. He shot 5 for 20 in that game 4 elimination and had 5 turnovers.Chauncey Billups is out for the entire series. This is your STARTING pg BTW.

This was basically our lineup:
Douglas
Fields
Melo
Jeffries
Turiaf
with Bill Walker as our 6th man and Shawne Williams as our 7th man.

vs

KG, Rondo, Allen, Pierce and Jermain O'neal
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vs Miami (the eventual champs)
No Lin so once again your starting pg is out. Baron blew out blew out his knee, so there goes your backup as well. Shumpert tore his ACL in Game 1, so there goes your starting SG and best perimeter defender. Amare ever so brilliantly hurts himself yet again in the playoffs and is now playing with one hand. Tyson Chandler is milking the hell out of his "flu like symptoms" excuse. Mike Bibby is a scrub. Landry Fields is a scrub. Ya boy Jared Jeffries, who you cannot deny you absolutely LOVED, had a whopping 2 points THE ENTIRE SERIES!!! Novak, who started Game 3 and played 22 minutes, was on his donut for that game and only scored 12 points the entire series. After Amare and JR, who tied for 2nd in points, our 4th leading scorer was Landry Fields, who struggles to get burn on Toronto.

So were just going to ignore all this stuff happened and act like we lost because Melo was out there chucking and hurting the team. Knock it off dude. You're better than that!
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:15 PM   #42
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,341
Default Re: Blow it up thread....

franchize, offer one legitimate criticism of Carmelo Anthony as a player.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 06:43 PM   #43
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,711
Default Re: Blow it up thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoooter
franchize, offer one legitimate criticism of Carmelo Anthony as a player.
No problem. I can give you a few:

1.He hasn't improved his explosiveness throughout his entire career.
2.He doesn't take his teammates to task for not doing their job, thus allowing people like Knickscity and yourself to overlook his lack of help.
3.He allows the refs to dictate his play. Instead of attacking the paint despite not getting calls, when the refs don't call fouls, he resorts to pull ups. You just have to keep attacking. They're gonna have to call it eventually.
4. He doesn't post up enough. He started in the beginning of the year but went away from it. This is partly on him and partly on Woody but I'd like to us start our offense with him posting on the block and not at the elbow.
5. He's not a great help defender. I think he's a VERY underrated on ball defender but he gamble too much when he helps.
6. He plays hurt too much. I know throughout a season, nobody is going to be 100%. I just think he compounds his injuries by trying to tough it out and play 40+ minutes while he's banged up. Then you have injuries that take you out of the lineup completely.
7. He isn't good with officials. Not only does he get too many techs, I hate to say this, but he doesn't flop enough. When he gets fouled, it's a legit foul. He doesn't draw those cheap, ticky tack fouls that guys like Durant get.
8. He brings the ball up too much. I don't care how bad Felton is struggling, he's the point guard. Let him run the show. You're wearing yourself out trying to do other people's job.
9. He doesn't use the glass enough. I remember in Denver he used to have an awesome bank shot. I never understood why he stopped using the backboard.
10.He gets lost sometimes in transition defense. Instead of sprinting back and stopping ball, he looks for his man.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:08 PM   #44
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,341
Default Re: Blow it up thread....

Half of that list was, like, cheesy job interview answers. "My major flaw is that I just work too hard".
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:41 PM   #45
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,322
Default Re: Blow it up thread....

So in other words Melo is poor defender, not a smart player, not a leader or a team oriented player.

No wonder you want his supporting cast to bail him out.

But seriously, what needs to happen is to accept he shouldn't be the best player on the team, similar to Pierce.

Pierce had the stats, but no wins to show for it, until better, more efficient players came along.

He needs a KG to get his butt in line, and a Ray to give him great shots.

And he'll need to refine his game and accept it's OK to only average 14 shots a game from then on, just like Pierce.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:39 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy