Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 03-13-2013, 11:08 AM   #1
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board
Default Let's take out Melo....

You can replace him with any other player in the league except Lebron. Who could replace him and do better and why?

I heard this on the radio last week. It's purely hypothetical and I could come up with none. Your not adding any other players to this hypothetical it's solely a one for one swap.

Last edited by Rameek : 03-13-2013 at 11:24 AM.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:56 AM   #2
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Let's take out Melo....

Only other player for me would be Durant.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:25 PM   #3
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
Only other player for me would be Durant.
Why Durantula?

Actually on the radio they excluded LBJ and Durant but I didnt. I don't see what he can do to clearly make this team better.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:26 PM   #4
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Why Durantula?

Actually on the radio they excluded LBJ and Durant but I didnt. I don't see what he can do to clearly make this team better.
He's the league's golden boy. Knicks would be camping at the free throw line for most of the night,just like OKC does.

There would be no more "refs damaged us" complaints
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:35 PM   #5
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
He's the league's golden boy. Knicks would be camping at the free throw line for most of the night,just like OKC does.

There would be no more "refs damaged us" complaints
So FT's translates into making this team better.

I did catch the joke.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:57 PM   #6
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well he scores almost as well as Melo and he's about 4 years younger.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:24 PM   #7
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Scoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation hereScoooter has an incredible reputation here

He plays off the ball better and doesn't freeze out his team mates.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:27 PM   #8
bluechox2
#knickstape

bluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebluechox2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

melo gets abused by the refs, the whole knicks team gets abused by them actually...i personally didnt think that JR deserved a flagrant 2, that play looked like a hard foul more than anything...and lets try and get some help for melo next season...he cant do it alone, lebrons got wade and bosh, durants got westbrook and ibalka/martin, melos got, JR and felton??...thats laughable

we need to snatch one of those big contracts teams are unable to keep due to cap , anything is better than an always injured amare
bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:58 PM   #9
Rameek
Krust Kingz

This thread is not a get help to melo thread. This thread is for anyone that feels another player can do better with this team than Melo.

If someone else takes Melo's place they could do better as the centerpiece. Who are these people that would make the Knicks better as this team is presently constructed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechox2
melo gets abused by the refs, the whole knicks team gets abused by them actually...i personally didnt think that JR deserved a flagrant 2, that play looked like a hard foul more than anything...and lets try and get some help for melo next season...he cant do it alone, lebrons got wade and bosh, durants got westbrook and ibalka/martin, melos got, JR and felton??...thats laughable

we need to snatch one of those big contracts teams are unable to keep due to cap , anything is better than an always injured amare

I see that people are saying Durantula but I dont see where anyone is saying anything substantial that says that Durantuala would help this team more. It cant be the extra couple of points or the extra FT's that would make this team better by his addition.

Are there any other players that people feel could do better with this team than Melo?
Old 03-13-2013, 05:07 PM   #10
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Melo's strength is putting up points, so there is a host of players whom when given 20 shots a game could easily put up 28 with better efficiency.

His rebounds are comparable to his position, and his assists are average.

Durant, Harden, Steph, Curry, Westbrook, Kyrie, Kobe, Wade just to name a few.

The only reason why i put Durant first is because no matter how people view him, the dude can score.

And he has ref respect to draw fouls and such comes in handy as well.

I dont care about versatility in scoring, a play could have one move only but if they are elite in scoring that way, i take that....put the ball through the hoop more than you miss.

I also picked those guys because they do more on the court consistently than just scoring.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:17 PM   #11
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
Melo's strength is putting up points, so there is a host of players whom when given 20 shots a game could easily put up 28 with better efficiency.

The only reason why i put Durant first is because no matter how people view him, the dude can score.

I dont care about versatility in scoring, a play could have one move only but if they are elite in scoring that way, i take that....put the ball through the hoop more than you miss.

I also picked those guys because they do more on the court consistently than just scoring.
So Durant, Harden, Steph, Curry, Westbrook, Kyrie, Kobe, Wade can do better with this team. Interesting. So I'm curious is this significantly better?
Old 03-13-2013, 06:11 PM   #12
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
So Durant, Harden, Steph, Curry, Westbrook, Kyrie, Kobe, Wade can do better with this team. Interesting. So I'm curious is this significantly better?
The team would not miss a beat, and yes the team imo would be better.

4 of those players are arguably better than Melo now (Durant, Harden, Kobe, Wade, and all are more complete.

I specifically named guys who are ungardable such as Melo, and guys who can naturally makes plays for teammates and are known for continuous effort.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:05 PM   #13
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
So FT's translates into making this team better.

I did catch the joke.

melo would be scoring 5-10 more points a night with durant whistles
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:21 PM   #14
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kNicKz
melo would be scoring 5-10 more points a night with durant whistles
Totally irrelevant to this thread. This is about NO Melo and I am asking about what other players would you take instead of Melo that would make this team better....
Old 03-13-2013, 09:59 PM   #15
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity

Knickscity has officially lost his mind lol
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: