Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 04-09-2014, 12:35 PM   #1
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected poster
Default The Last of Us officially announced for PS4

Release TBA
1080p resolution
Higher resolution character models
Improved shadows and lighting
Several other gameplay improvements
Includes: Abandoned Territories Map Pack
Includes: Reclaimed Territories Map Pack
Includes: The Last of Us: Left Behind single-player campaign
$59.99

http://www.amazon.com/The-Last-Us-Remastered-PlayStation-4/dp/B00JK00S0S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397059658&sr=8-1&keywords=the%20last%20of%20us%20remastered&tag=v iglink129408-20
Heavincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 02:16 PM   #2
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: The Last of Us officially announced for PS4

Why are people so ready to spend 60 for the same game with a bit better graphics when they've already played it on PS3? People will say it comes with the DLC too but that only costs an extra 15 or something. I understand if you havent played it, I havent but plan to in the future, but if you have? I dont get it.
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 02:25 PM   #3
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Heavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected posterHeavincent is a pretty well-respected poster

I borrowed somebody's PS3 to play it last year, so this is an obvious buy for me. It is the GOAT game after all.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:32 PM   #4
shortsoptional
Great young streetballer

shortsoptional has a terrific reputationshortsoptional has a terrific reputationshortsoptional has a terrific reputationshortsoptional has a terrific reputationshortsoptional has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
Why are people so ready to spend 60 for the same game with a bit better graphics when they've already played it on PS3? People will say it comes with the DLC too but that only costs an extra 15 or something. I understand if you havent played it, I havent but plan to in the future, but if you have? I dont get it.

I'm not sure their target audience is someone who has played it before. Once I heard the release date for the PS4, I stopped buying all PS3 games because I knew that I would be trading most of them in. I just finished my backlog in the mean time... so for me, not having ever played it, this is great news.

But to your point about why, if you have already played it, would you spend the money again? Not sure, but I can tell you based on the comment sections on this story at other sites, people will double dip for sure.

I know that if Skyrim came out today on PS4 under the Legendary edition with enhanced graphics and gameplay , I'd buy it despite having played it before. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
shortsoptional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 03:36 PM   #5
Rose
Moon Wizard

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Some games are definitely worth double dipping for (Tomb Raider, which I bought again but only after it dropped to 40, and I guess this)I'm gonna pick it up despite only playing some of it on a friend's PS3.

They're also targeting 60FPS as well, video is supposed to be in a few weeks. They'll probably drop the game right after E3. Makes perfect sense.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 04:26 PM   #6
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

lilgodfather1 has decent reputationlilgodfather1 has decent reputation

Didn't get anywhere near the playtime I wanted out of this. Definitely double dipping. I ran through the game on easy, started on hard, but said screw it I want the dlc, and the dlc didn't come out until feb. So glad I traded it in. The frame rate at times was pathetic, especially when aiming... the vaseline filtering didn't do much for me either. Still loved the game, best story I've ever played in a game by far, and I almost bought the 60 dollar deal for tlou left behind dlc plus game on psn in feb, so glad I skipped it.

Big opportunity for this game if it launches in june or july. Those two months have nothing slated to my knowledge, except for soul suspect in early june. I'll also be interested to see if they do an uncharted trilogy remaster, announced at e3.
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 04:41 PM   #7
shortsoptional
Great young streetballer

shortsoptional has a terrific reputationshortsoptional has a terrific reputationshortsoptional has a terrific reputationshortsoptional has a terrific reputationshortsoptional has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgodfather1
Big opportunity for this game if it launches in june or july. Those two months have nothing slated to my knowledge, except for soul suspect in early june.

I think ESO is June as well (for PS4), but I'll bet most who play that will do so on PC.
shortsoptional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 05:04 PM   #8
Heavincent
5-time NBA All-Star

Naughty Dog said it's coming out this summer. Also, it will run at 60 FPS.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:13 PM   #9
Ai2death
I am ZeNs B*tch

Ai2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation hereAi2death has an incredible reputation here

I'll double dip, I double dipped on Tomb Raider too, yeah I could of just replayed it on the PS3, but the game is great, and if I was playing, the whole time in the back of my head would be "There's a better version available to play..."
Ai2death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 05:59 PM   #10
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

lilgodfather1 has decent reputationlilgodfather1 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortsoptional
I think ESO is June as well (for PS4), but I'll bet most who play that will do so on PC.
Oh yeah. Will be interesting to see how that works out. Not an mmo fan personally, but love the elder scrolls. If it wasn't 15 a month, and I had to buy the game for 80 dollars after taxes, I would be more likely to get it.
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:14 PM   #11
EnoughSaid
Wade County

EnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this boardEnoughSaid is popular on this board

Probably going to be the most beautiful game this year. I'm just excited to see what Naughty Dog bring us. Best AAA developers in the world and everything they release is always a must buy for me. Uncharted 4 pls.
EnoughSaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:59 PM   #12
TheReal Kendall
Love Live Life

TheReal Kendall posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryTheReal Kendall posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

I'm bout to get a PS4 from my friend for $350 so I'll definitely pick this up.

I always wanted to play this but couldn't see myself buying a ps3 just for this game.
TheReal Kendall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:17 PM   #13
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Didn't play it on PS3 because I figured they would release it on PS4.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 09:58 PM   #14
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I will buy it a second time just because I loved it. But seeing as I didn't get the opportunity to play the DLC, I'm looking at paying 4 for that, and a few perks added.

Looking very forward to it.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 01:30 AM   #15
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
There are a lot of people on PS4 who never owned a PS3. I think it's a great value for fans who have played, and new fans. Resolution upgrades and all DLC? Well worth a buy for full price. The game isn't even that old. I only played the very beginning at a friends house, and was blown away by the story. I am pretty stoked that I now have an opportunity to play it through.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: