Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 03-05-2013, 11:00 AM   #1
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Default Mike Woodson

Yup...It's gotten to that point. He lasted way longer than Mike D'Antoni in terms of having a rant thread made in his honor...but alas...here it is.

I'm not saying fire the guy but my goodness. WTF is up with these lineups? Last night, there was a stretch in which we had Kidd, Prigioni, JR, Novak and Chandler on the court. Then he has THE NERVE to yell at JR for shooting 3's. Now I, like most, think JR Smith takes too many jumpshots...especially 3's. But PLEASE tell me, with this lineup, what are his options? All of these guys just sit around the perimeter, waiting for wide open 3's. Tyson is setting screens, hoping to get an alley-oop. I don't blame them for this. I blame WOODSON! They are who they are. You cannot continue to put lineups like this out there.

And for the love of Christmas, can we PLEASE let Shumpert, Amare and Martin play? Shumpert comes in the game, playing quality defense, and actually was doing well on offense too. Sits on the bench and rots until the very end. Amare comes in the game and is killing their small lineup. He takes him out. It was only because of Melo's injury that Amare played more last night. Kenyon Martin didn't even play. Why bring him in if you aren't going to play him? Newsflash. We don't have big men to spare. We need any little bit of help we can get.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:48 PM   #2
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Mike Woodson

JR should be yelled at and often, and by someone who knows how.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:24 PM   #3
Clutch
NBA Legend

I think stupidity will eventually cost us in the playoffs.
Stupidity and stubbornness of Woodson and stupidity of some players like J.R.

Even last year I was saying Woodson isn't a championship caliber coach. He's better than D'Antoni but that doesn't say much
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:30 PM   #4
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
I think stupidity will eventually cost us in the playoffs.
Stupidity and stubbornness of Woodson and stupidity of some players like J.R.

Even last year I was saying Woodson isn't a championship caliber coach. He's better than D'Antoni but that doesn't say much
This! Especially about Woody. I was never sure either way whether he is the righ coach for the job. I just know D'Antoni isn't.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:54 PM   #5
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Woodson is an average coach but I remember the Knicks record was thrown in my face to determine his worth. Amusing how things have changed so often with many posters here.

I am not on board with Shump getting major minutes yet. Defensive role players need to be used based on situation. The Knicks cant afford to use him like Thabo Sefolosha. The starting 5 isnt good enough to support the minutes.

As much as I dont like his line ups there has to be something wrong with some of the other players in practice. Thats what we are not privy to.

I would love to see White, Copeland, Martin, Camby out there at some point. Lets see what they got. But the Knicks are playing for a certain seed so the rotation is going to be shorter.

Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:09 PM   #6
Rameek
Krust Kingz

The coach is the blame for most of the ills of this team bottom line. The coach calls and creates the offensive sets and the coach determines how the team defends (switching, doubling, zone etc...).
Old 03-05-2013, 06:26 PM   #7
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Woodson is a dumbass. He caught lightning in the bottle with the 18-5 star, and now the league has figured us out, yet he won't adjust. He keeps thinking that if he throws out the same lineup from earlier in the year, they will somehow recapture that old form.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:18 PM   #8
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Woodson is a dumbass. He caught lightning in the bottle with the 18-5 star, and now the league has figured us out, yet he won't adjust. He keeps thinking that if he throws out the same lineup from earlier in the year, they will somehow recapture that old form.
I dont necessarily agree with that you may have that impression but its not the same. None of those players have prominent roles any longer besides Kidd. During that time though he had a bigger rotation 10 sometimes 11 man rotation. This was without Shump and Stat though.

I dont understand why the media is driving the 18-5 start (which I mindly followed as well) as opposed to the 30-9 Nov & Dec
Old 03-06-2013, 10:15 AM   #9
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Look, I'm no fan of Woody. I'm still on the fence. That said, how dare people have the nerve to poo poo his 18-5 OR his 30-9 when our fan base damn near collectively got on their knees and performed fellatio for a certain PG who decided to diss us come playoff and free agency time lol
Old 03-06-2013, 12:20 PM   #10
Teanett
Great Basketball Mind

i've been on woodson's case for weeks now.
now he's either taking the fall for melo's antics, or he's a really bad coach.
imho, he's melo's puppy.
Teanett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:32 PM   #11
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teanett
i've been on woodson's case for weeks now.
now he's either taking the fall for melo's antics, or he's a really bad coach.
imho, he's melo's puppy.
What antics? He's injured. We're in 2nd in the East. What would you like? Him not to be injured? When you get hurt do you wave your hand and say HURT BE GONE and it goes?
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:40 PM   #12
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
What antics? He's injured. We're in 2nd in the East. What would you like? Him not to be injured? When you get hurt do you wave your hand and say HURT BE GONE and it goes?

We are not second in the East. Is it so ingrained from using it as an excuse for so long that people haven't realized we have fallen in the standings?
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:49 PM   #13
Teanett
Great Basketball Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko

i'm just sayin' if last game's action's is antics, than woodson clearly covering up for him but if melo is hurt and asked woodson out of the game, doesnt that make that woodson a bad coach?

what do you think?
Teanett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:59 PM   #14
Rameek
Krust Kingz

This guy is a terrible coach. He draws up no plays, he doesnt call any plays, he doesnt advise the players of situations, this guy is TERRIBLE.

This team will never win with this guy as a coach.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:01 AM   #15
Scoooter
Very good NBA starter

No shit.
Scoooter is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: