Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-05-2013, 01:08 AM   #16
eurobum
High School Varsity 12th Man

eurobum has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Update on Dwight Howard Free Throws

OP repped.
eurobum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:11 AM   #17
Djahjaga
High School JV MVP

Djahjaga has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurobum
OP repped.

Djahjaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:49 AM   #18
Jolokia
Serious playground baller

Jolokia has decent reputationJolokia has decent reputation

Work ethic king Kobe shoots the least amount of practice free throws out of everyone not named Jordan Hill.

Last edited by Jolokia : 03-05-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Jolokia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:16 AM   #19
KobesFinger
Laker Gang

KobesFinger is popular on this boardKobesFinger is popular on this boardKobesFinger is popular on this boardKobesFinger is popular on this boardKobesFinger is popular on this board

OCD is kicking in twice. They have everyone's surname but address MWP as Metta, and he's also out of alphabetical order
KobesFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:29 AM   #20
mshahidz
Can barely lace up my sneakers

mshahidz has an OK reputation so far

to be fair he seems to be practicing on his shot the most....probably needs another 2000 shots though!
mshahidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:56 AM   #21
Dbrog
National High School Star

Dbrog has decent reputation

Nash and Meeks!!
Dbrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:58 AM   #22
inclinerator
Future NBA G.O.A.T

inclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i thought nash would be at like 99 percent
inclinerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:01 AM   #23
I<3NBA
College superstar

I<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryI<3NBA posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolokia
Work ethic king Kobe shoots the least amount of practice free throws out of everyone not named Grant Hill.
shooting corner fadeaways is probably taking up most of his time
I<3NBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:03 AM   #24
inclinerator
Future NBA G.O.A.T

inclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

jordan hill lol
inclinerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:49 AM   #25
The_Yearning
The Truthteller

The_Yearning has decent reputationThe_Yearning has decent reputation

Lmao it's all mental with these clowns
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:19 AM   #26
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripthekik
Yeah, but look at the numbers. Clark, Hill, Jamison all have a drop-off of around 20% as well.

For big guys, the more inconsistent your form is, the bigger your % will drop. As i've said in previous threads, the best shooters like nash probably make 99%. The best shooters drop off around 10%, the average shooters drop around 20% (as seen by many on that chart), and the worst shooters can drop up to 30%. But yes, Dwight can indeed improve around that, but let's not act like he can do much better. Make a couple more per game and the difference will be around 20%.

but anyways, very interesting pic to see how professional ballers' FT rates are in practice. Thanks OP.

I used to agree that Big Men probably have a harder time shooting in general, but with the influx of European big men almost all of them showing quite a bit of range, I think it's safe to say that rather than big men not being able to shoot, it simply wasn't part of hte training programme they had when they developed from high school to the pros. I mean look at somebody like Amare, started out simply as an athletic freak and now can hit the midrange quite well.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:23 AM   #27
Bcogswell
Raptors > You.

Bcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBcogswell is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolokia
Work ethic king Kobe shoots the least amount of practice free throws out of everyone not named Grant Hill.

Grant Hill plays for the Clippers, its Jordan Hill that plays for the Lakers..
Bcogswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:31 AM   #28
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djahjaga
Biggest factor for me in games. Especially after taking a hard foul.

for me its rhythm

if in practice we just have to step to the line and shoot, my percentage still isnt good, and id imagine, its not weay better than in games. but if we are shooting, say 20 free throws, you can get into a rhythm, and i shoot much better.

id say that makes a big difference even for professionals.
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:23 AM   #29
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

i admit i'm surprised. i didn't expect him to hit over 80% in practice. was expecting maybe 67%. a 33% drop off is ridiculous...
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:26 AM   #30
JerryWest
kobeee!!

JerryWest posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryJerryWest posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

I thought steve blake was a good ft shooter
JerryWest is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: