Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-02-2013, 11:47 PM   #1
kennethgriffin
NBA rookie of the year

kennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default there's a higher ratio of highschool drafted success's than college success's

we may never see another kobe, kg, lebron, tmac now because of the new rules

now all the best players coming out will forcibly be undersized unathletic college superstars that are only good because of the ncaa system

the fact is. yea for every kobe and lebron theres a few kwame/darius miles

but for every college superstar theres 100 busts

teams draft 60 players and only 2 or 3 end up being great. if lucky one every 2-3 years ends up a superstar

so what exactly was the big deal with drafting highschoolers.

are we gonna act like these big draft busts didn't go to college?

- Michael Olowokandi #1 overall
- Greg Oden #1 overall
- Hasheem Thabeet #2 overall
- Adam Morrison #3 overall
- Stromile Swift #2 overall
- Jay Williams #2 overall
- Marvin Williams #2 overall
- Derrick Favors #3 overall
- Derrick Williams #2 overall
- Enas Kanter #3 overall

and how can we forget the guy who can't beat a 50 year old

- Michael Kidd Gilchrist #2 overall

now after seeing all this evidence. i say why not go back to letting highschoolers play. theres no proof that college players are safer. theres just as much risk

the reason is that smaller players can dominate. fundimental unathletic white guys can average 30ppg... there is no way to truly judge tallent by watching their output. its more about potential/attitude/conditioning/ceiling

and you can see those things in a highschool kid aswell.
kennethgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:03 AM   #2
RRR3
Where the White Women?

RRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation hereRRR3 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: there's a higher ratio of highschool drafted success's than college success's

You can't call Derrick Williams, Favors, Kanter or MKG busts. I hope they all become all-stars so I can laugh at you.
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:11 AM   #3
jlip
Good college starter

jlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation herejlip has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: there's a higher ratio of highschool drafted success's than college success's

List of all players drafted straight out of high school
jlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:11 AM   #4
kennethgriffin
NBA rookie of the year

kennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkennethgriffin has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR3
You can't call Derrick Williams, Favors, Kanter or MKG busts. I hope they all become all-stars so I can laugh at you.

for where they were drafted theyre busts... if they were drafted 10th-15th then maybe it wouldnt be so bad

kwame brown was able to put up 10ppg in his 3rd year like the players i mentioned... darius miles did it 4 times

but already by then they were calling those guys draft busts just because they didnt pan into the next kevin garnett

but how many college guys became the next kevin garnett? none... so why the f*ck did we have to stop drafting highschool players

we may never see another youth record or totals record be broken ever again after kobe/lebron retire

and maybe some potential future superstars never even make the nba now because their personalities clash with a college coach and he isnt given the minutes/shots
Old 03-03-2013, 12:16 AM   #5
kennethgriffin
NBA rookie of the year

look at that list..its around the size of a 60 man draft. and see the all the allstar/all nba highlights

then look at any other draft in nba history thats full of college guys

notice how theres allot less success compared to the highschool list on average

theres around 13 out of 60

a regular draft produces maybe 2-3 out of 60

like i said ... highschool > college by ratio
Old 03-03-2013, 12:18 AM   #6
Smoke117
Barstool Blues

Smoke117 has a near all-star reputation hereSmoke117 has a near all-star reputation hereSmoke117 has a near all-star reputation hereSmoke117 has a near all-star reputation hereSmoke117 has a near all-star reputation hereSmoke117 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
we may never see another kobe, kg, lebron, tmac now because of the new rules

now all the best players coming out will forcibly be undersized unathletic college superstars that are only good because of the ncaa system

the fact is. yea for every kobe and lebron theres a few kwame/darius miles

but for every college superstar theres 100 busts

teams draft 60 players and only 2 or 3 end up being great. if lucky one every 2-3 years ends up a superstar

so what exactly was the big deal with drafting highschoolers.

are we gonna act like these big draft busts didn't go to college?

- Michael Olowokandi #1 overall
- Greg Oden #1 overall
- Hasheem Thabeet #2 overall
- Adam Morrison #3 overall
- Stromile Swift #2 overall
- Jay Williams #2 overall
- Marvin Williams #2 overall
- Derrick Favors #3 overall
- Derrick Williams #2 overall
- Enas Kanter #3 overall

and how can we forget the guy who can't beat a 50 year old

- Michael Kidd Gilchrist #2 overall

now after seeing all this evidence. i say why not go back to letting highschoolers play. theres no proof that college players are safer. theres just as much risk

the reason is that smaller players can dominate. fundimental unathletic white guys can average 30ppg... there is no way to truly judge tallent by watching their output. its more about potential/attitude/conditioning/ceiling

and you can see those things in a highschool kid aswell.

lol right because there is a plethora of super stars out of hs as opposed to bust. Typical idiocy from KennethGriffin/999999er

Last edited by Smoke117 : 03-03-2013 at 12:20 AM.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:25 AM   #7
kennethgriffin
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117
lol right because there is a plethora of super stars out of hs as opposed to bust. Typical idiocy from KennethGriffin/999999er

theres a higher ratio of highschool allstar/all nba's than college allstar/all nba's

like i pointed out in the post above you.

look on wikipedia at all the drafts from the last 20 years. you see maybe 2-3 allstar/all nba's per 60 man draft if lucky

but theres like 13 out of like 60 since highschoolers started being drafted
Old 03-03-2013, 12:28 AM   #8
hon hon hon eat snails

9512 has decent reputation9512 has decent reputation

There is a likelihood of more college players to be busts since there are way more drafted than HS players.

It's a numbers thing.
9512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:28 AM   #9
tpols
5-time NBA All-Star

tpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this board

Well. HS prospects that have a chance to jump right to the pros are usually a lot better than the ones that need extra developing time in college.. So makes sense.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:31 AM   #10
kennethgriffin
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9512
There is a likelihood of more college players to be busts since there are way more drafted than HS players.

It's a numbers thing.

ratio is different from total

the more college players drafted doesnt change the ratio. it changes the total draft busts

it still favors highschoolers
Old 03-03-2013, 01:09 AM   #11
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

ILLsmak is considered somewhat coolILLsmak is considered somewhat coolILLsmak is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
Well. HS prospects that have a chance to jump right to the pros are usually a lot better than the ones that need extra developing time in college.. So makes sense.

Yeah lol. Some of those guys would have been exposed in college, too. Some shine. Other times you get a guy picked high in the draft that did well in college, but whose fault is that? In most cases, it's the fault of the guy who got picked. Maybe they could have worked harder or been more mentally tough.

As for HS guys, some of them just aren't ready for it and would have been more accurately judged if they played against college comp.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:10 AM   #12
SyRyanYang
Decent college freshman

SyRyanYang is starting to rub some people the wrong waySyRyanYang is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Most college players go to college because they can't make it to the NBA straight out of high school. (Some can but choose to further polish their games.)
SyRyanYang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:22 AM   #13
Derivative
Most Valuable Poster

Derivative has a very bad reputationDerivative has a very bad reputationDerivative has a very bad reputationDerivative has a very bad reputation

i actually agree with u once
Derivative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:25 AM   #14
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
This. /thread
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:35 AM   #15
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
theres a higher ratio of highschool allstar/all nba's than college allstar/all nba's

Of course there are, because they are the elite of the elite. The super-talents that were considered good enough to skip college.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: