Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-27-2013, 04:25 PM   #1
unbreakable
National High School Star

unbreakable posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryunbreakable posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default 37 Yr old Tim Duncan is about to get 1st team all NBA on offense and defense again

Greatest PF of all time.. One of the greatest bigmen of all time (Equal to Kareem and Russell, imo).

Duncan.. the Legend
unbreakable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:44 PM   #2
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: 37 Yr old Tim Duncan is about to get 1st team all NBA on offense and defense again

I don't know about defense. That should probably go to Chandler, Noah, or maybe even KG.

But All-NBA first team? Not crazy to say. There's just such a dearth of centers and I can't imagine Dwight Howard being 1st team because of how bad of a season the Lakers are having. Spurs on the other hand have the best record in the league. He did miss 10 games though and I'm assuming Pop will sit him out for more, while Chandler hasn't missed any and Noah has only missed a few. Its just hard to imagine one of those 2 players getting first team I'm assuming the Lakers will get around 43-45 wins and that will be enough to justify Howard, who's still statistically the most impressive center in the league, as first team.

I'd assume its one of those 4 though, which would be a shame though considering how bad Howard's team is and how misleading his stats are, how Chandler and Noah aren't really superstars, and how much Duncan has coasted and not missed a significant amount of games. The center position and what it used to be is about as dead as its ever been. Sooner or later, I'm sure they will change the all-nba teams to reflect just 3 front court players instead of 2 Fs and 1 center.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:47 PM   #3
Ballin416
I airball my layups

Ballin416 has not been impressing people
Default Re: 37 Yr old Tim Duncan is about to get 1st team all NBA on offense and defense again

I doubt he'll get both but its possible and would be quite a feat.
Ballin416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:48 PM   #4
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Best PF of all time without question.
All Net is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:50 PM   #5
Artillery

Artillery has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
I don't know about defense. That should probably go to Chandler, Noah, or maybe even KG.

Duncan has been MUCH better than Chandler and KG this season. You can even make an argument over Noah too since the Spurs are a better defensive team than the Bulls this year.
Artillery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:59 PM   #6
Locked_Up_Tonight

Locked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation here

He will if he goes in as center. Durant and Lebron have the first team all nba forward spots locked up.
Locked_Up_Tonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:03 PM   #7
unbreakable

unbreakable posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryunbreakable posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight
He will if he goes in as center. Durant and Lebron have the first team all nba forward spots locked up.

yep hes a lock at center
unbreakable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:04 PM   #8
ShaqAttack3234
7-time NBA All-Star

ShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShaqAttack3234 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy

But All-NBA first team? Not crazy to say. There's just such a dearth of centers and I can't imagine Dwight Howard being 1st team because of how bad of a season the Lakers are having. Spurs on the other hand have the best record in the league. He did miss 10 games though and I'm assuming Pop will sit him out for more, while Chandler hasn't missed any and Noah has only missed a few. Its just hard to imagine one of those 2 players getting first team I'm assuming the Lakers will get around 43-45 wins and that will be enough to justify Howard, who's still statistically the most impressive center in the league, as first team.

I'd assume its one of those 4 though, which would be a shame though considering how bad Howard's team is and how misleading his stats are, how Chandler and Noah aren't really superstars, and how much Duncan has coasted and not missed a significant amount of games. The center position and what it used to be is about as dead as its ever been. Sooner or later, I'm sure they will change the all-nba teams to reflect just 3 front court players instead of 2 Fs and 1 center.

Regardless of just the Lakers season, Howard has not looked like a top 3 center to me this year. In the past, his impact greatly exceeded anyone else at the position. Now, it seems impossible to argue he makes the most impact out of any center just watching him at both ends.
ShaqAttack3234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:13 PM   #9
rmt

rmt is considered somewhat coolrmt is considered somewhat coolrmt is considered somewhat cool

I'd prefer that he get DPOY instead of 1st team all-NBA. DPOY is the only missing honor from his resume. He's got lots of all-NBA - one more won't make a difference. But decades from now when fans forget - a DPOY will be a little reminder of the awesome defensive player he was (yes, I know he's got the all-defensive honors too).
rmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:24 PM   #10
Big One
Local High School Star

Big One has decent reputation

awesome how duncan is always placed at a position that is most convenient for him. Sometimes hes a pf, and regarded as the "greatest power forward of all time" since we all know he wouldn't be the greatest center of all time. But when it comes to all nba 1st team and hes not good enough to make the forward spot so all of a sudden he becomes a center. how convenient.
Big One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:29 PM   #11
Haymaker
College superstar

Haymaker has decent reputationHaymaker has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big One
awesome how duncan is always placed at a position that is most convenient for him. Sometimes hes a pf, and regarded as the "greatest power forward of all time" since we all know he wouldn't be the greatest center of all time. But when it comes to all nba 1st team and hes not good enough to make the forward spot so all of a sudden he becomes a center. how convenient.
He plays both positions. What's wrong with that? Played PF at the beginning of his career, then slowed down a little and played C.
Haymaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:33 PM   #12
DMAVS41
NBA Legend

DMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDMAVS41 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

It doesn't matter what position he plays. He's one of the 8 best players of all time for sure at this point and moving up as he continues to play at such a high level this late in his career.

If he puts up up 17/9/3 again while playing great defense in the playoffs and the Spurs win the title this year...not sure where he goes...but Kareem and Wilt and Duncan should start coming up in my opinioni...

The guy has been just so damn good for so long...if he had played on a big market team he'd be getting legit GOAT big man of all time talk...
DMAVS41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:35 PM   #13
rmt

rmt is considered somewhat coolrmt is considered somewhat coolrmt is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

Most judge players on what positions they played in their primes/peaks. A 36 year old Duncan in the fast, up-tempo NBA has to play center - even other PFs such as KG and P. Gasol are playing/considered centers in today's NBA. Don't think the criteria for choosing all-nba has changed as the All-Star positions (3 front court, 2 backcourt players) has changed.
rmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:42 PM   #14
Haymaker
College superstar

Haymaker has decent reputationHaymaker has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMAVS41
if he had played on a big market team he'd be getting legit GOAT big man of all time talk...
Exactly. Repped.
Haymaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:19 PM   #15
TheBigVeto
Negging Me Is Gay

TheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputationTheBigVeto has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbreakable

Greatest PF of all time.. One of the greatest bigmen of all time (Equal to Kareem and Russell, imo).

Duncan.. the Legend

I won't put him on same level as Kareem and Russell but I agree with the rest of the statements.
TheBigVeto is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: