Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-27-2013, 06:30 PM   #136
Dro
College superstar

Dro has decent reputationDro has decent reputation
Default Re: Pacers and Warriors Brawl/PUSHING MATCH

Players getting suspended now for pushing and shoving? King Stern at it again...
Dro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:30 PM   #137
Dro
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgz V2
Damn, Stephenson just learned the price of keeping it real, he's definitely gonna feel that one.

I bet he asks David Stern to donate his fine to the Lance Stephenson charity
Old 02-27-2013, 06:43 PM   #138
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
https://twitter.com/MikeWellsNBA/sta...84334906912770
https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status...79325414764544

1 game suspension each for Hibbert and Lee. I think it's retarded guys are suspending over freaking pushing, but at least they didn't do anything really stupid length wise.

Also $35k fines for each of Curry, Thompson, and Stephenson.

Nothing for Jack for pushing Hibbert into the stands?
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:00 PM   #139
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-train
Nothing for Jack for pushing Hibbert into the stands?
Or West. Jack also pretty blatantly just shoved a camera guy on his ass. I don't get the Stephenson fine, yeah he was in there but didn't do anything more than the other guys that didn't get fined.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:06 PM   #140
Droid101
5-time NBA All-Star

Droid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDroid101 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Awesome. Indiana will be missing Hibbert for the Clippers. Sucks. Would have been a great win too.
Droid101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:30 PM   #141
mentallooser
High School Starter

mentallooser has an OK reputation so far

If the Pacers can some how pull off a win against the Clippers they will go a long way into putting some fear into the league as far as their depth goes. I don't know how they'll pull it off, but I think West is going to have to dominate and Granger will have to do more than just look agressive. He will have to be truly successful in his FG attempts instead of just being brave in taking them.
mentallooser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:37 PM   #142
I brick open layups

3243 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
Holy **** he only got 26 games for knocking out one dude and nearly killing another?

Like at least one poster said, it WAS a different time with regard to fighting in the NBA in 1977. Fights broke out nearly every night; teams had "enforcers" (on-court bodyguards for their star players) and "hatchet men" (whose job it was to take the other team's best player out of the game, either by deliberately injuring him or by provoking him into a fight which MIGHT get one or both players ejected...notice I said "MIGHT" because fighting did not always result in ejections back then) among other types of tough guys. Some star players, like Golden State's Rick Barry, also got into a lot of fights in those days.

For example, the 1976-77 season alone saw 41 fights which each resulted in at least one ejection. There were many others (including some major incidents such as Houston's Calvin Murphy's beatdown of Boston's Sidney Wicks and a playoff fight between Golden State and Detroit that went into the Golden State stands TWICE) that had no ejections. Newspapers only bothered to mention fights where punches were thrown, which tells me that pushing/shoving/wrestling incidents were largely not mentioned because they were so numerous that they were considered a normal part of a game.

Then-NBA Commissioner Lawrence O'Brien only instituted fines going up to $10,000 for fighting for the 1977-78 season. Before that fines were much smaller.
3243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:57 PM   #143
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by yobore
If anyone should be suspended it's Curry and West (who got a shove on an assistant coach or something too). Curry escalated it and West came to the party late and just started shoving people.

Nah I wouldnt give anything to Curry when it appears he was just grabbing Hibbert. Thats cool. What wasnt cool and maybe I saw wrong is West throwing punches at Curry. He should get suspended.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:45 PM   #144
Dro
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Nah I wouldnt give anything to Curry when it appears he was just grabbing Hibbert. Thats cool. What wasnt cool and maybe I saw wrong is West throwing punches at Curry. He should get suspended.
lol...what? How did you draw that conclusion?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: