Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2013, 02:25 AM   #16
hawksdogsbraves
Child, please
 
hawksdogsbraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,574
hawksdogsbraves is considered somewhat coolhawksdogsbraves is considered somewhat coolhawksdogsbraves is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Al Horford and Jeff Teague

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentknicks
All of those wins came against sub .500 teams and the only playoff team was the Bucks

EDIT: No doubt Horford's having an impressive run, but 20 rebounds isn't that impressive against the Pistons who were missing their best rebounder in Drummond. Coupled with the fact that Smith was the only other one on the Hawks who boarded at all.

24/12 on 70% shooting over 6 games is impressive regardless of the competition, and it's not like he's getting much praise for it either on ISH or in the media
hawksdogsbraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:13 AM   #17
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan
 
hawkfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,075
hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Al Horford and Jeff Teague

If we get into the second round with this team, that will be an accomplishment.
And prove that the big contracts given to Joe Johnson and Marvin Williams weren't worth it.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:21 AM   #18
klee
I hit open 5-footers
 
klee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 268
klee has decent reputation
Default Re: Al Horford and Jeff Teague

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
If we get into the second round with this team, that will be an accomplishment.
And prove that the big contracts given to Joe Johnson and Marvin Williams weren't worth it.

You need more proof that those big contracts weren't worth it?
klee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:07 PM   #19
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan
 
hawkfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,075
hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Al Horford and Jeff Teague

Quote:
Originally Posted by klee
You need more proof that those big contracts weren't worth it?

Every team takes chances. We took ours.
If Marvin Williams had panned out as a player worthy of a lottery pick, then the money would have worth it.
But he didn't.
Joe was always Joe, but he did a really bad thing, in that he took advantage of the Hawks by demanding a full max contract, instead of taking less so we add depth in another big or shooter.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:13 PM   #20
no pun intended
Mozart Basketball
 
no pun intended's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 6,642
no pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation hereno pun intended has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Al Horford and Jeff Teague

Dear lord.
no pun intended is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:23 PM   #21
Whoah10115
Linja Status
 
Whoah10115's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,968
Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Al Horford and Jeff Teague

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
Every team takes chances. We took ours.
If Marvin Williams had panned out as a player worthy of a lottery pick, then the money would have worth it.
But he didn't.
Joe was always Joe, but he did a really bad thing, in that he took advantage of the Hawks by demanding a full max contract, instead of taking less so we add depth in another big or shooter.


Marvin Williams was not ever worth it or close to being worth it. That's not a risk, that's garbage management.


Horford is worth it. Smith is worth it. Teague should have been extended. He's only going to want and command more after this season.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:32 AM   #22
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan
 
hawkfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,075
hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Al Horford and Jeff Teague

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoah10115
Marvin Williams was not ever worth it or close to being worth it. That's not a risk, that's garbage management.


Horford is worth it. Smith is worth it. Teague should have been extended. He's only going to want and command more after this season.

7.5 million per season for his first contract after his rookie contract for his skill level, athleticism and potential for improvement at that time was worth it. And the Hawks had no other realistic options.

That said, he had his run, and it was time to trade him.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:51 AM   #23
Whoah10115
Linja Status
 
Whoah10115's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,968
Whoah10115 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Al Horford and Jeff Teague

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
7.5 million per season for his first contract after his rookie contract for his skill level, athleticism and potential for improvement at that time was worth it. And the Hawks had no other realistic options.

That said, he had his run, and it was time to trade him.


His potential was never that crazy and he hadn't shown enough to warrant that extension, considering the other players you had on the team and the contracts that you were gonna extend to them. It was a bad move.
Whoah10115 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:27 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy