Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-23-2013, 10:11 PM   #1
kenny817
Good High School Starter

kenny817 is popular on this boardkenny817 is popular on this boardkenny817 is popular on this boardkenny817 is popular on this board
Default New contract...do you go for the most money/big city/best chance to win a ring??

Which one of the 3 would you choose? Why?

Edit: You're a top 20 player and 22 years old

Last edited by kenny817 : 02-23-2013 at 10:14 PM.
kenny817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:12 PM   #2
JerryWest
kobeee!!

JerryWest posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryJerryWest posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: New contract...do you go for the most money/big city/best chance to win a ring??

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny817
Which one of the 3 would you choose? Why?
if i'm young, money. old as hell, ring. prime, best city.
JerryWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:21 PM   #3
DaSeba5
Heat|Dolphins|Marlins

DaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: New contract...do you go for the most money/big city/best chance to win a ring??

I'm not the biggest fan of being the center of attention in a big market like New York, so I wouldn't to LA or New York. It's cool and all when you are winning and playing well, but when you aren't doing that, yikes....

I'd go with a chance to win a ring, so really, a team like the Spurs (always under the radar it seems) would be a logical choice for me. I'd be more of a team player.
DaSeba5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:23 PM   #4
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Money, of course. Everyone should.

There are no guarantees when it comes to sports. You try and make as much money as you can as quickly as possible. Take care of yourself and your family and friends first. Worry about titles and your legacy later.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:33 PM   #5
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef

Xsatyr is considered somewhat coolXsatyr is considered somewhat cool

I go with money or chance for a ring. It comes down to how much money would I sacrifice for a chance at a championship. Investing in assets is your friend for more money.
Xsatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:34 PM   #6
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

TylerOO has no real reputation yet.

Money because I know where ever I go I will make that team a contender.
TylerOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:35 PM   #7
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerOO
Money because I know where ever I go I will make that team a contender.

Wow you're even full of your hypothetical self. That's tough to do.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:38 PM   #8
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

NumberSix has no real reputation yet.

Depends. If I already have like $100M in the bank, I want that ring. If I'm young and not financially secure for the rest of my life, I gotta get da $
NumberSix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:38 PM   #9
DaSeba5
Heat|Dolphins|Marlins

DaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation hereDaSeba5 has an incredible reputation here

I don't expect instant success or anything, but I would like to go to a franchise with consistency and has a good reputation of being family like.

The money would have to be reasonable, but let's not act like you have to make the most money in the world to support your family. I don't need to make Kobe money to do so.
DaSeba5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:54 PM   #10
DMV2
NBA All-star

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Chance to win rings. As a Top 20 player, I have prob have a handful of endorsement deals already that I can live off of.
DMV2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:56 PM   #11
LikeABosh
Banned

LikeABosh is starting to rub some people the wrong way

If just an average player, go for the cash
LikeABosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:58 PM   #12
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here

You gotta be more specific with top 20 player.

Am I Paul George or Carmelo Anthony? George isn't gettin any where near the endorsements of Carmelo. Hell, he's not gettin the endorsements of Joe Johnson.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:01 PM   #13
SCdac
NBA sixth man of the year

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation

It's tough to say, but I like to think I'd choose a combination of the two....

80% most money / 20% direction of the franchise.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:03 PM   #14
therammingman
National High School Star

therammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputationtherammingman has a very bad reputation

balance between 1 and 2.

dont care about the team i go to, bc i believe i will win a ring wherever i go
therammingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:04 PM   #15
kNicKz
College superstar

kNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected posterkNicKz is a pretty well-respected poster

I'd want to go somewhere not used to success and turn their culture into a winning one. That is a true legacy to me, not going wherever it's easiest to win
kNicKz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: